PDA

View Full Version : powerlifting routine...

big calvin
10-20-2001, 07:29 AM
my friend got this workout from a powerlifter that has has had great success. my friend is using it and also says its a great routine, its a bit high volume but hes growing from it and is natural.

ok the reps change everytime u hit the same muscle like 10x10,10x5,10x3. so it changes for bench every 3-4 days and every 7 days for squat. everything is done like this except for abs.

monday
bench press
close bench

tuesday
bb rows
hammer curls

wednesday
squats
crunches
leg raises

thursday
bench press
jm press

friday
rows
rev. curls

syntekz
10-20-2001, 08:35 AM
curious what leg raises are and jm press?

Hot Shot
10-20-2001, 10:17 AM
i' assuming that leg raises is an abs exercise but never heard about jm press

pumpuup
10-20-2001, 10:58 AM
The JM Press is named for JM Blakely. This press is performed in the benchpress position. Imagine haning a plumb bob from the bar. You would want the plumb bob to fall directly over your upper chest. Perfoming the press you want the bar to follow the path of the string(the plumb bob). This puts much more stress on the on the triceps which is what most of these big benchers preach.

Chris Rodgers
10-20-2001, 11:43 AM
Just like pump said, they are basically a hybrid close grip bench and skullcrusher.

The exercises look good Calvin, but I don't like the 5 days in a row.

Do you know what percentages of your 1RM you'll be using? Doesn't seem like you'd be going too high.

Sayiajin Prince
10-20-2001, 12:48 PM
i heard them as being california presses...i've never done them but they sound ace

big calvin
10-20-2001, 01:17 PM
my friend told me just pick a weight u can do for the first set..so if i can do say 315 for 10 then thats what i start with...he didnt really say much about % 1rm

yeah the leg raises are for abs....when i first looked at it it looks a bit much also but he says its great and he's geting stonger so it must work right. i dont know if ill do it or not.

flake
10-21-2001, 12:09 PM
yep they're same as californian presses, there quite a good exercise but to be honest I'd just prefer to do close grips and skull curshers seperately.

Plus it's too easy to cheat on them. good for a bit of variation tho