PDA

View Full Version : Just finished an HST routine(pics)

mailman21108
07-09-2004, 05:36 PM
I worked a 6 week program split into 3 two week sections. The first 2 weeks I did 12 reps the second two 9 reps and the the 3rd two 6 reps. I worked Mon,Wed, Fri of each week doing a complete body workout each day consisting of 2 sets of 13 different exercises. The program started at lower weights and increased 5lbs each day throughout the program ending at my max handling capacity. It was very easy in the begining and hardly felt like I was doing anything. But closer to the end of each 2 week section I felt the hard work comming on. I kept my carb intake moderate and drank many whey protien shakes. Also did some cardio and ab work on the days in between. I believe I've gotten some noticable gains out of this HST program. So now I get a week off then back at it again. Ill bump all the weights up 5lbs and start over. Below are some links to pics hosted on my server. Im not a very good poser. Please feel free to critique. The date was set wrong on the camera so ignore that.

http://mailmanusa.home.comcast.net/pic1.jpg

http://mailmanusa.home.comcast.net/pic2.jpg

http://mailmanusa.home.comcast.net/pic3.jpg

http://mailmanusa.home.comcast.net/pic4.jpg

http://mailmanusa.home.comcast.net/pic5.jpg

Jezmason
07-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Looking good and lean. Calves are particularly impressive! How did HST work out 4 ya, good gains compared 2 what u had? I'm thinkin 'bout trying it when start bulking again

mailman21108
07-09-2004, 06:59 PM
HST seems to have worked well. My wife mentioned that she noticed the gains. Thats good comming from someone who is looking at you every day. My weight stayed the same at 167 but I lost fat and gained muscle. Hoping to keep the fat off and gain some more muscle. I did all the workouts in with my equipment in my basement. I did just join a gym again though. After a week off I think Ill hang in the gym and do a split routine for a few weeks before I try another round of HST. I just figure its less of a hastle doing a programs like HST at home since I wont be needing to work around other people. Plus its too hard to remember all the weight settings of 13 exercises at the gym. i got my clipboard hanging on the wall in the basement. Thanks for the compliment.

mailman21108
07-09-2004, 07:12 PM
My HST routine went like so

2 sets:
squat
quad ext
ham curl
calf raise
seated row
lat pull

1 set:
decline bench
flat bench
incline bench
military press

2 sets:
shoulder shrug
bi curl
tri extension

Good cardio from this routine if you can work thru un-interupted as it took me an average of 1hr 15mins to complete each workout.

Allenronm
07-09-2004, 07:45 PM
very lean.

looks good.

How tall are you?

McFerret85
07-09-2004, 09:15 PM
You are one ripped dude. The veins in your arms are amazing. Good work!

mailman21108
07-10-2004, 04:26 AM
Ive always been blessed with a lean build. Gaining wieght is more difficult for me than losing it. Im 5'11" tall and 167lbs. Max ive ever weighed was about 175 with a bit of extra fat on board. If I could get to 180 with no fat, that would be enough for me.

Allyrulez
07-10-2004, 05:45 AM
*WOW* that is some good work, you look scary

Especially shoulders & biceps, man your biceps are HUGE

Gavan
07-10-2004, 01:03 PM
You are very lean man and good muscle size !!! Great Job !

Scott S
07-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Your leanness sickens me. You need to bulk.

rapidshoter
07-11-2004, 04:25 AM
I couldn't mind having those veins or calves

PS. how much you raise on the calf machine?

mailman21108
07-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Your leanness sickens me. You need to bulk.

Im trying, trust me im workin hard. Trying to keep the fat off to maximize the cut while trying to build muscle is tricky with all the different food types available to me. In order to maximize bulk I really should be eating more. I should probably pay more attention to counting calories and make sure I get enough for growth and pay less attention about the cut. I can always get the cut back later on. I just realized because of my poses none of the pictures did a very good job showing chest. A little later Ill post another pic of chest to show it better.

mailman21108
07-11-2004, 07:33 AM
I couldn't mind having those veins or calves

PS. how much you raise on the calf machine?

At home here amoung other free weight equipment I got a smith machine. I built a 4" high platform to stand on for doing calf rasies. When I do the raises here the max combined weight of bar and plates is maybe 350. On a calf raise machine at the gym I was doing as much as 400+. As far as legs are concerned, calfs are more exposed than any other part so I always payed extra attention to them. At the gym I would do a set of calfs in between every set of other leg exersizes. Sometimes that would equal as many as 10 sets of calfs or more. At home I do as many as 4 sets consecutivly, then imeadiatly do a series of drop sets removing weight untill there is nothing left on the bar and my calfs are burning so bad I can hardly lift my own body weight.

Allenronm
07-11-2004, 10:56 AM
so what you're saying is that you don't bother with your calves.

:)