PDA

View Full Version : Sugar and simple carbs on a cut?

Darcy Tucker
07-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Say for the first 3 weeks on my cut I am taking in 2600 calories but a lot of the carbs are from a sugar filled weightgainer willl their be a significant difference between taking in 2600 calories from complex carbohydrates. Or is all this talk about sugar overrated. A calorie is a calorie isn't it. Weeks 4,5,6 i plan on taking in almost all complex carbs and reducing my milk intake.

galileo
07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
The main issues I see would be with hunger and fiber.

Darcy Tucker
07-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Galileo I'm eating bean, a lot of oat bran so the fiber is not an issue. You're right about hunger being one though.

Jasonl
07-10-2004, 12:22 PM
I also see no problem drinking a couple of cups of milk a day on a cut. For some reason milk is hated by many around here, but the casein protein in milk has anti-catabolic properties, helpful while cutting.

ryuage
07-10-2004, 01:34 PM
as far as sugars go... it's all on the person. If you handle carbs very well then I don't see any problem.. people like me who tend to store fat pretty easily would need a different approach.

galileo
07-10-2004, 08:48 PM
I think on a generic cut, it wouldn't matter how you store fat. The problem people tend to have with carbs would be with water retention. If you don't have a problem with fiber and you can load up on the hunger suppression drugs, then a few weeks with crappy carbs won't hurt. I suggest looking at what Severed Ties ate (he states his natural bodyfat hovers around 18-20% if I recall) during his cut. Lots of fructose and glucose polymers in there, but he counted his cals and cleaned up as he went. Seemed to be highly successful to me.