PDA

View Full Version : Refeeding, is it necessary?

Silverback
07-11-2004, 03:35 AM
Got a question on cutting up guys, is refeeding needed on a cut? A prime example of it not being required is Stein (Rock) who followed a strict diet throughout and ended up cut and held alot (pretty much all) of his size.

Ive been trying to get started with a decent cut, but 6 weeks in and my weight has only shifted a couple of lbs. Im currently refeeding 2x per week, i know this could be my main problem, but i lack direction. Could any one give some advice?

B-R

Max-Mex
07-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Well, I'm not an expert on refeeds, but cheat days, which I think are for the most part the same thing, are important. I think they become more important when you are stuck. Your body has pretty much made up it's mind to not lose anymore because it think's it might starve. Have those extra calories tricks the body into thinking the opposite. I cheat once a week, not sure what the details are for refeeds but I know there are plenty of posts about this particular topic.

Scott S
07-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Depending on the style of your diet, a carbup (followed by a relatively heavy workout) can go a long way to preserving muscle mass.