PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU eat?

freestyler
07-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi,

Just wondered what type of things you eat on a typical day, nothing too detailed just a quick run down thorughout the day, of what exactly you eat.

I am trying to give myself a stricter diet, however, I feel as though the choices of food I should be eating are limited and can never think of much to eat. I can get things like oatmeal, rice and chicken, but things like ostrich, buffalo, eggplant and pumpkin are not easily accessible for me to buy in the UK so I wondered whether more basic things were another option.

Thanks

Vido
07-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Most people on this site will say things like oatmeal, rice, and chicken. I don't know why you think you have to include ostrich, buffalo, eggplant, and pumpkin. I've never even tried 3 of those 4 things and the pumpkin I had was in a pie (worst kind of pie ever if you ask me).

Things that usually find their way into my diet:

Cottage cheese, eggs (whole or just whites, depends), chicken, steak, salmon, shrimp, ground beef.

Oats, brown rice, yams, bagels, veggies.

Olive oil, flax oil, fish oil, walnuts, almonds, natty pb.

Stray
07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Typically I buy a crap load of frozen stir fry veggie mixes and chicken. I have these glad meal container things and make like 4-5 of them with the same thing - a grilled chicken breast and a pile of veggies.

In a pinch I'll eat a can of tuna.

Before I work out I'll include a carb of some sort....but my diet doesn't fluctuate much.

Breakfast is almost always oatmeal and eggs.

theomen
07-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Chicken Breast prepared many different ways, 5-6% Ground Beef, Low fat Burritos, Veggy organic spring rolls, fat free cheese, tuna, stone ground whole wheat bread, bran flakes, oatmeal, WATER, sugar free low fat icecream, veggies and fruits, and lots of skim milk.

Max-Mex
07-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Chicken breast, beef (usually sirloin of some sort), lots of watermelon, whole grain bread, fat free or skimmed milk, frozen blueberries, egg whites (pasteurized), sugar free jello,nuts (almonds or pistachios), avocados, tortillas, hotsauce, and tons of water. Salads at least once a day. Those are the most common things in my diet. Oh, and Designer Whey protein powders (3 different flavors).

LightningandIce
07-11-2004, 11:01 PM
2-3 eggs for breakfast, occasionally accompanied by toast or bacon or something. If I can't get eggs, I have a bagle with peanut butter on it. It's always accompanied by milk.

Any snacks (two or three) between breakfast and lunch usually usually of a hamburger, or maybe a leftover steak sandwhich. If those aren't options, a simple sandwhich of peanut butter (preferably with my mom's hommade strawberry jelly) or tuna (no mayo) works well. Oranges, grapes, and pineapple make good smaller snacks as well.

Dinner varies greatly. It could be anything, and I eat different amounts depending.

Anything I eat after dinner is small. Usually peanut butter, cheese, a protein bar if have any, leftover dinner, etc. I drink 1% reduced fat milk, a lot of water, all natural juice, iced tea, and diet soda.

Sunday is my day off. I eat whatever I want, and I don't lift. Keep in mind that this is only my main diet. It fluxuates greatly.

There you have it.

Davy
07-12-2004, 06:44 AM
Lean beef , chicken , turkey , steak ... whole wheat bread , whole wheat spaghetti , brown rice , potatoes.
Also buy regular casseine proteine and whey proteine.

Every breakfast goes with oats and a good old proteine shake.
Every week one cheatmeal , so that could be anything i wanna eat for that particular meal.

Keep the basics , mix some here and there and you should be fine.

Like after lifting i eat whole wheat spaghetti with ground lean beef and mexicano ketchup , hmmmmmmmm delicious :)

ryuage
07-12-2004, 07:01 AM
beef, eggs, chicken, fish, protein shakes, turkey

oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatos, whole wheat pasta, black beans

natty pb, fish oil

migs
07-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Breakfast I usually need something quick and fast so It's usually a shake:
3-4 eggs, 1/2 cup oats, 2 cups skimmed milk, 1 tbs honey, 1tbs natural pb sometimes i add a banana. This is about 800calories about 40gm proteins.

Lunch usually rice/macaroni 400gm frozen chicken breasts or 400gm breaded chicken breasts, sometimes meat if its there.

If Im hungry during meals its either 2 cups of milk or tuna.
At night might be another shake 1.5 cups of yoghurt, 2 cups milk 1tbs honey or another meal.

Im soon gonna introduce some whey in both shakes, I wonder if there is a maximum protein content for a single meal, is there ?

Trent_Steel
07-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I heard any more than 40g of protein in a meal is wasted

BIG C
07-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Protein shakes, lean beef/ chicken and wheat pasta, peanut butter, wheat bread, tuna, eggs, soft taco/ cheese/ lotta beef/ hot sauce/ lettuce/ onions, and chicken breast with veggs.

Vido
07-12-2004, 05:03 PM

Not true

migs
07-12-2004, 11:39 PM

Where'd you get that ? It's prolly not true cuz u take about that in a single seving of whey combined with 2 cups of milk...

Giddo
07-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Breakfast is always all bran, oats and a protien shake.

Mid Morning is a 2 egg ommelete with LF cheese and a wholemeal toast.

lunch is always a tuna wholewheat sub.

Bannana

chicken, fish, qourn, turkey with salad or veg and sweet pot's

maybe some melon or strawberries with low fat creme fraisch before bed or a protien shake.

lots of water and skimmed milk.

One cheat day every week normally Pizza or indian food.

AllUp
07-15-2004, 02:01 PM
I've heard that with 14g 22g and 28g's as well, all myth.

Assuming its part of or IS a meal I don't see any way it can be wasted really, unless it was 40+g's protein in a big newly invented whey gel-caplet or something. :)