PDA

View Full Version : Need help gaining weight!

russia
07-12-2004, 03:05 PM
I searched a bit, but am finding conflicting advice. I'm currently 6'4", about 150lbs. I need to gain, but I find it nearly impossible.

I'm currently consuming about 2500 calories a day.

How many calories should I be consuming to put weight on, and what are good foods to eat? I'm eating lots of tuna, and whey protein shakes, cottage cheese, etc.

But no matter what I do, I can't gain weight! That's no good for building muscle! Please, advice!

migs
07-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Well I can summarise what most of the people here would say....Increase caloric intake. Eat more frequently, 5-6 meals a day. Oats are a good source of carbohydrates yo might want to eat those. How much tuna are you eating a day and how much protein are you getting ? I have a similar problem gaining weight on a scale but its obvious when I look at the mirror, I still dont understand why...

You really are underweight there !
Im 5'10 and at 160lbs.

CiteCollegiale
07-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Peanut butter and all kinds of meat

russia
07-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Peanut butter and all kinds of meat

Awesome, I LOVE peanut butter.

I've been getting around 100-120 grams of protein a day.

I think a large problem is that I burn calories quickly as well, if I'm sitting still I'll tap both feet, I go walking/running almost subsconsciously.

Strider2
07-12-2004, 03:25 PM
I've got to eat around 3000 cals to increase weight, and I consider myself to have a slowish metabolism. I would think you would have to eat 3000+ to gain weight.

russia
07-12-2004, 03:26 PM
I've got to eat around 3000 cals to increase weight, and I consider myself to have a slowish metabolism. I would think you would have to eat 3000+ to gain weight.

Aaaaghh, that's gonna be tough. My appetite has been getting better though.

Question: Does grilling a turkey patty change the protein/calories?

(I know next to nothing about nutritional chemistry.)

Strider2
07-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Aaaaghh, that's gonna be tough. My appetite has been getting better though.
lol just think about the people that need to eat 5000 cals to gain weight.

I wouldn't think so. If it did its most probably a minimal difference.

Vido
07-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Awesome, I LOVE peanut butter.

Make sure you're eating the natural kind, the stuff that has the oil sitting on top when you buy it.

Scott S
07-12-2004, 05:54 PM

You might lose a little fat, no biggie. You'll eating two or three at a time anyway, of course. ;)