PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing enough to loose weight?

Thunderwulf
07-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Currently im around 265. I've lost around 30 lbs since January. Which I think is ok, but It still doesn't seem like enough to me. I feel like im stalling.

Im on very restricted calorie diet and I have a semi-cheat day every Sunday. The following is my basic diet..

Morning: 1 bowl of cheerios + milk + protein power

Mid Morning: Bowl of oatmeal

Lunch: Turkey on wheat, 25 Almonds, 1 cup cottage cheese

Mid Afternoon: Protein bar

Dinner: 1/2 cup rice + 6 turkey meatballs + 1 can tuna + 1 cup cottage cheese + salsa(all mixed)

Before bed: Protein shake + 1tbs Nat PB

I pretty much eat the same thing every day. I don't remember the exact calorie count, but its right around 2000 cal per day.

I've been working out around 5 days a week. I do cardio usually 4 days a week. An hour at a time. 30 min bike, 30 min treadmill. My heart rate gets to about 155 and im 30 yrs old.

Just seems to me I should be loosing weight quicker than I am. My strength seems to be getting better so I don't think im loosing muscle mass.

But should I alter anything to help me loose fat quicker or should I just keep doing what im doing?

Giddo
07-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Try having a reefeed, I find that if I don't, my body adapts to the calorie deficit and slows down my metabolism. Or you could just try reducing your calories further.

Personally, I think that you are doing fine and your diet looks clean. Maybe you should lay off the cardio a little to increase lean mass as this will have a positive affect on your resting metabalism.

Keep up the good work.