PDA

View Full Version : Tkd Questions. Fat ratio, base cal,refeed?

warreport
07-13-2004, 09:00 PM
Im 5-11 206 16% bf, I want to drop my bf to about 10%, Im not in any hurry but i was thinking an 8 week diet . Ive dieted before and i had trouble cutting with a moderate carb approach. Is it possible im super insulin sensitive, also I did a ckd for a month in the past and i was the leanest id ever been, the problem was my workouts suffered. My decidsion is to start a tkd, im going to restrict carbs to 40 grams sweet tarts\smarties pre workout, and a serving of opticen post. I have 3 questions that i need help with. First off, shuuld i have a refeed? I was thinking every saturday i would eat a 70;20;10 carb pro fat diet. And exceed my calorie level by 25%. Secondly what is a good base calorie level for me to start at, I was thinking 2500. Lastly what should my mono\poly\sat fat ratio look like. CAn i eat 2500 cals of sausage or should i shoot for more polys? Healthy fats i have acess to are fish caps, olive oil and nat pb. what is a good fat ratio that i can stick to. I appreciate the help

Scott S
07-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Think more in terms of getting adequate protein and then adding fat until you're up to your target calories. Percentages aren't really that important.

warreport
07-13-2004, 09:49 PM
gotcha, what do you htink my target cals shoudl be, and do you think i shuold incorporate a refeed. So jsut to get it straight as logn as im getting my 8 fish caps a day i can od on sat fats??

Scott S
07-13-2004, 09:54 PM
gotcha, what do you htink my target cals shoudl be, and do you think i shuold incorporate a refeed.

No less than 1200 or so. Carbup if your weight loss slows to a halt.

So jsut to get it straight as logn as im getting my 8 fish caps a day i can od on sat fats??

Definitely not. Keep the rest of the fats good as well. ;)

warreport
07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
whoa your saying i shoudl take 1200 cals a day, or 1200 from fat? I was askign what you think my total daily cals shoudl be for a cut. Ok so you would say restriot sat fats as much as possible, and get most of my fats from mono and polys. Wont this be difficult to do, could you possibly give me some sample meals, days

Scott S
07-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm saying that 1200 calories total is a bare minimum; you'll probably want to eat more than that.

Some saturated fat is good for you, but since it pops up in so many foods, you'll probably only want to supplement with good fats.

It might be better to just read some cutting journals for meal plans. I rarely plan mine; I just make sure they add up right. :)

warreport
07-13-2004, 10:08 PM
great thanks man i feel like 1200 cals id be starving to death. Im going to start with 2600 and see how i progress. What about refeeds though, do you htink a refeed every week will help