PDA

View Full Version : Canned food

migs
07-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Is canned spaghetti any good nutrition wise ? How bout canned baked beans ?

Aspect
07-14-2004, 07:44 AM
They're not great - this kind of product generally has a lot of added sugar and salt, along with preservatives and colourings. Better to eat food in a more natural state wherever possible. As an occasional snack they'll not kill you, but I would try not to eat them regularly.

TheGimp
07-14-2004, 07:56 AM
Baked beans are great. If you care about such things go for the healthy choice option, but regardless they're a good source of protein and fiber and easy to prepare. Canned spaghetti on the other hand is crap :)

migs
07-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Im travelling next week for a period of 2 months and food is pretty expensive over there compared to my country so i've kinda narrowed my diet down to these:

Canned Tuna, Canned Salmon, Spaghetti, Pasta, Oats, Eggs, Milk, Honey, Cottage cheese, PB and Baked Beans. I thought maybe the heinz ready made canned spaghetti would be easier to prepare than doing my own spaghetti and tomato sauce but I dont want to waste the nutritional value of the food.

My daily diet would be something close to this:
2 cans tuna
1 can salmon
1-1 1/2 cup of oats
4 cups of milk
2-3 cups of spaghetti
2 whole eggs
1Tbs pb and another honey
Cup of cottage cheese.

This would get me up to 120-130gm proteins, Im gonna get my hands on some whey to add an extra 60-70gm. Any tips on cheap food ?