PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

jbbpimpin
07-15-2004, 04:12 PM
Alright guys, first things first...im new to the forums, and im quite excited to get soem feed back from you guys cuase from reading your guys posts...seems like you guys really know your S%IT! Im 17...235 pounds an about 6'3 or 6'4. The main reason im looking to get advice is to get the most out of my workouts for football. I play Right/Left Tackle...ive been working about 3 - 4 times a week since last November...but ceased when my partner left at the beginnign of summer (around June soemthing). Ive been going on and off for summer, but really need to get into a routine to get myself in shape for football. I will admit, back in november, i was very weak. And over the time of working out ive gotten ALOT stronger...but it seems ive leveled off. I started out barely being able to hit 135 10 times! Now im rockin' out to about 160 on 4 sets of 6...still not great, but its definetly an improvement. Ive been looking around and i found what seems to be a reasonable routine online through "Bodybuilding.com" here is the link...Click Here (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm4a.htm) ...and here is the main page to it...Here (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm4.htm) ...just need a little bit of feedback...to me its bascally what ive been doing, but its adding a little more to what i used to do. Like i said, just curious to see what you guys say cuase it seems to me you guys know your ****.

emjlr3
07-16-2004, 07:34 AM
whatever we say doesnt make a diff....there are a million posts around here about lifting routines,,,check them out...but is basically biols down to what u want to do...we really cant suggest anything with any of your goals in mind

Paul Stagg
07-16-2004, 10:05 AM
I glanced at that routine, and it looks reasonable.

You need to assess a couple of things to design your routine:

Where are you weak?
How will this routine help keep you from getting injured on the field?
How will this routine translate into you being a better player?

You also need to consider your conditioning.