PDA

View Full Version : low total testosterone level

shansen008
07-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Stopped by the docs office to see if my blood test results were in. The final isnt done but the preliminary was. It shows my total testosterone level is only at 400. This is very alarming to me as it could mean i have some serious issues to deal with health wise, testicular cancer being one of them (god i hope not).

For a person my size (6'4", 265 lbs.) i would expect it to be much higher...around 800 or so. I had half a bottle or so of 1-ad leftover from an old cycle.....i was taking it about a week before my blood test for about 1.5-2 weeks. Would 1-ad slow or shut down my own test production to cause a result like this?

Im really freaking out here. For someone active in the gym as i am.....there seems to be no way it should be that low. :bang:

Fart Barker
07-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I thought 300 to 1000 was normal? I don't think how big or small someone is determines their level though.

shansen008
07-16-2004, 03:36 AM
the normal range on the form says 260-1536...still 400 for someone active in the gym seems very low.

Holto
07-16-2004, 12:33 PM
yeah it does seem low

but remember your mass is irrelevant as the rating is per unit of blood volume so it's relative to mass

how clean is your diet ?

their is the possiblity of an inverse relationship between insulin and testosterone

I would try to get your resting insulin lowered

cut down liquid cals and eliminate white flour foods

also how is your intake of healthy fat ?

JTyrell710
07-16-2004, 03:04 PM
there is a possibility of not getting enough fats
or that it was taken at a low point of test production during the day
im slightly skeptical of these test. tests

shansen008
07-16-2004, 03:20 PM
test was taken about 1.5 hours after i woke up.

Diet has cleaned up a bit in the last few weeks, im getting plenty of good fat and i take a good efa supplement.

Anyone have any idea if the 1-ad could have something to do with it?

Im gonna try not to stress over it until my doctor calls with the final results. We can take it from there...maybe even prescribe test therapy and gh at the same time if needs be. Would be interesting.

The metabolic aspect of the test results was interesting...it looks like i might be have a bit of hyperthyroidism. None of my results were out of the ideal range (except creatinine heh), although they were ALL a the very upper limits of the ranges.

Cholesterol was pretty high too...which was surprising. HDL was very low...like 24, and LDL was high at 134. Scary. Makes me wonder because i did the atkins diet almost a year back....and all this stuff was held in check. Now that ive normalized my diet (still stay away from refined carbs) its getting worse?

Most of my sugars come in the form of complex carbs like sweet potatoes/oats/etc and simple sugars i get from dextrose mostly in my protein shakes (4lbs bulk yay).

This has all thrown me for a loop, been worrying myself sick about it. Yesterday was legs dat for me and i just couldnt get into it. I finished about 25 minutes ahead of schedule and didnt go very heavy at all.

=( Thanks for your replys guys.

Vido
07-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't know how prohormones works as I personally think they're garbage, but doesn't 1-AD shut you down?

Jfresh
07-16-2004, 04:12 PM
when i took my test normal ranges were like 150 - 9?? per some funky measurement. i actually sit around 250 when i took my test.

shansen008
07-16-2004, 06:31 PM
I've done some research on Prohormones and I just bought myself an 8 week cycle of Molecular Nutritions 1-Test Ethergels. I don't know too much about 1-AD or 4-AD, but I know with 1-Test you're gonna need an anti-e to restart your natural test production when you're done with the cycle. I picked up some 6-OXO for that.

Found that in the 1-ad sticky under the supplements forum.

From what ive read, 1-ad converts straight to 1-test......so yes that would slow or halt my own test production. Hope that is all that was causing it. Good news is, i found a supplement store in town that is selling 6OXO, and i already have soem tribulus at home.

*sigh of relief*

more to come....will probably hear from the doctor on Monday.

shansen008
07-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Jfresh,

How was your diet and supps when you had your test? Also when did you have it taken? First thing in the morning or what?

Anyone know if there is a correlation between time of day and blood serum test levels?

shansen008
07-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Ok, so im taking 6-oxo and tribex (tribulus) before bed everynight now....hope this helps somewhat.

theomen
07-17-2004, 06:04 PM
after coming off of 1-ad your body will be low on test. Your body works on a feedback loop, and when you have elevated T levels caused by 1-ad your natural T production is lowered and estrogen levels are increased. This is why most people coming off a 1-ad cycle use an anti-e or anti-aromatizing agent.