PDA

View Full Version : Getting Back into Lifting - Need Diet Help

dk11
07-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Hello,

I need some serious diet advice. I am getting back into lifting after a long layoff. I have spent the last 2 weeks just getting back to the gym each day and eating a low carb/high protien/super clean diet. Now I need to put together a plan. I am 6'2" 215 and at about 20%+ bodfat.

I know how to put together a clean diet and I know the foods and all that. However, the problem I have is that I get smaller but I dont get more cut or I get larger and I dont seem to put on much muscle, although I do get a heck of a lot stronger.

Last time, I started at 204 and bulked to 231 in about 5 months. My bench went up from 185 to 285 and I was pretty happy with the strength. However, my waist also went to 41 inches. So, I spent 5 months eating very very clean and I went to 195 or so. I didnt look cut in the least and my wife told me that I looked too skinny.

What diet do I folllow that I can switch between cutting and growing and how often should I switch between the two?

The best I think I ever did was when I followed the ABCDE diet in the late nineties and cut drastically for two weeks and then bulked heavy for two weeks and took lots of creatine and HMB - combined with hammering the heck out of myself in the gym all the time instead of this one day a week for each bodypart. However, I hear this kind of approach is completely wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul Stagg
07-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Do some reading here.

Find your maintenance caloric intake.

Eat lots of protein