PDA

View Full Version : Will I look different? FAT make u fat?

beachmuscles
07-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Sup everybody!

OK Im freaking pissed this whole week i've ate pretty clean i'm on a (pretty clean bulk). So tonight I eat my grilled chicken and sweet potatoe...But then like 30 minutes later my mom came home with pizza. I told her I didn't want to eat with the family like a few relatives were over. And she was getting all pissed at me yelling at me to eat with the family! So i finially gave in and had two slices of White Pizza (different kind of cheese with no sauce) but sauce on the side. Well anyways not im pissed I just ate 2 pieces of some greesy ass pizza. HUGE FRIGGIN SLICES! Prolly equivalent to 4 regular slices....

Well anyways I wanted to know how this ****ty ass meal will effect me will I look different Saturday or Sunday? Or anytime? Or does it take a while to catch up on the PHYSICAL apperance of the body?

Also I've read...FAT doesn't make you fat. I dont really understand that I thought fatning foods make you fat. Can some1 explain this to me?

Like if i eat something with 40g of fat as long as I don't go over 65g for the day im fine?

Also anyone know how much fat a piece of pizza has? Just ballpark!? Like from a real itallian pizzeria not like dominos. Thanks!

Should I go run? Not eat the rest of the night? !?

IdaMAN
07-16-2004, 06:18 PM
I wish I only had the problem you do. Try being at %27 BF and have to lose 35 lbs.

reloaded
07-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Also I've read...FAT doesn't make you fat. I dont really understand that I thought fatning foods make you fat. Can some1 explain this to me?

This is how it goes yo! Your body consumes so many calories per day (what they call maintenance). If you eat under than amount of calories per day, you'll most likely lose weight. If you eat more than your maintenance, you'll most likely gain some weight. 3,500 excess calories will equal one pound of excess weight.

Now, eating fat does NOT make you fat. There is a difference. Eating greasy stuff like pizza affects OVERALL HEALTH. If you eat alot of crap, but keep with correct amount of calories, your health may be affected, like high cholesterol for instance. You must know the difference - calories equal weight, fat stats and stuff like that affect overall health.

Now, even eating high fat content will not make you fat, but it may be detrimental if you want the best growth or fitness that you could possibly have. That's why people choose to eat clean, because it will give you optimal potential to be fit, or whatever your goals are.

Hope that helps :D. :strong:

Scott S
07-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Are you cutting? Then settle the **** down. A couple pieces of pizza isn't going to kill you.

beachmuscles
07-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Nah i aint cutting im just getting obsessed with looking big and lean...hahah

Reloaded...Thanks for that post very informative :-)

Damn 3500 excess = 1lb thats alot. Is that one day? Or what?

And also soo your saying you can eat 2-3 big macs and eat nothing else all day and actually stay the same weight ( I KNOW VERY UNHEALTHY AND BAD) but just giving an example.

Punky
07-16-2004, 09:37 PM
I'd worry more about the sodium content and temporary water gain. Just drink alot of water, do an extra cardio session tomorrow and all should be well. One screw up isn't gonna necessarily send you back to square one.

beachmuscles
07-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Sodium content? Whats the sodium content? I know its not a big deal but like why do you say do cardio session and drink alot of water. I mean literally you can eat pizza 3-4 times a week and not put on any fat if you fit it in. right?

thetopdog
07-17-2004, 02:12 AM
yes, you can eat 5 big macs a day and not gain weight, depending on what else you eat and how many calories you burn (of course, this would be unhealthy), you can eat pizza every day of the week and still have a reasonably healthy diet, depending on other factors.

Genacide
07-17-2004, 07:05 AM
I think something that hasn't been mentioned and maybe should be is that some unhealthy foods are very calorie dense. For example Pizza won't fill you up to fast and you can eat a lot of them. Watermelon is very "light" on the calories. If you ate just Pizza to get full you would consume a LOT of calories. To get just as full of eating watermelon you would consume a LOT LESS calories, not to mention it would be a lot healtier to eat.
... So....
Will Pizza make you fat? not if eaten in moderation, but it not a very healthy food choice!!!

CraigVA286
07-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Its not going to hurt you. Now, if you ate stuff like that every day and dont work out like A LOT of people do, then you will be hurting, yes. But if you workout, lift heavy, and eat enough protein, it really wont matter what you eat.

beachmuscles
07-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Its not going to hurt you. Now, if you ate stuff like that every day and dont work out like A LOT of people do, then you will be hurting, yes. But if you workout, lift heavy, and eat enough protein, it really wont matter what you eat.

Yea I like what you just said ;-)