PDA

View Full Version : Currently 10% bf. Need to get to 8% in 4 weeks. Possible?

Bimmerboy
07-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Just need to know how realistic this goal is:

Background information:

Physical stats:
--------------------------------------------------
Height: 6ft
Weight: 160lbs
Bodyfat: 10.0%

Workout routine:
---------------------------------------------------
4x week

Workout Day 1 (Saturday): Chest/back/abs w/35 minutes cardio
Workout Day 2 (Monday): Legs w/35 minutes cardio
Workout Day 3 (Wednesday): Bis/tris/shoulders/abs w/35 minutes cardio
Workout Day 4 (Thursday): 30 minutes cardio

35 minutes of cardio typically burns 640-660 calories for me.

Total cardio/week = 2h 15min

I never miss a workout. If I do because of sickness or prior commitments it is made up the following day.

Diet:
----------------------------------------------------
Trying to eat approximately 2000-2200 cals/day (330 of which is from whey shakes).

Supplementing w/ON 100% Whey 3x/day (28g x 3 = 84g)

Typical day:

2 bowls of Raisen Bran w/2% milk (~500 cals)
1 shake (~110 cals)
1 large banana (~100 cals)
1 can of Beefaroni (~320 cals)
1 low fat yogurt (~100 cals)
1 large orange (~100 cals)
1 shake (~110 cals)
1 ham steak w/corn and green beans (~750 cals)
1 shake (~110 cals)
Total = ~2220 cals

Constantly getting water in the form of shakes, diet cola + fruit.

No "cheat" days or refeeds ever. I never eat the following:

Pancakes/waffles
Sprinkled sugar/syrup/jam/honey
Fried chicken
Pastries
Cake
Chips
Non-diet pop
Candies
Fast food
Bread (very rarely only when I cannot avoid it)
Cookies
Pizza
Beer
Bacon
Nachos

Other notes of interest:
-----------------------------------------------------
Started this cut on May 17, so I have been trying to eat 2000-2200 cal/day for about 2 months now. Started at 172lbs @ 13.8% now at 160lbs @ 10.0%.

Note that I started the "cut" at 172lbs @ 13.8% = 23.7lbs of fat, currently have 16lbs of fat on me. That represents a 7.7lbs fat loss in 8 weeks. In the same period I lost about 4lbs of muscle but maintained strength.

Since my last measurements most of my measurements have decreased or stayed the same. For example my chest size decreased nearly 1.5" and my biceps remained at 13.5".

No eating after dinner until the next morning.

In 2 months have made little gains on strength exercises. Have not decreased in strength but have not made any significant gains on any exercises.

Upper 2 abs have "poked" through but lower than that have not. Arms, legs + chest have good definition + vascularity.

Questions:
------------------------------------------------------
They way I am performing this cut, does this look right? Am I consuming too many calories? Too little? Too much cardio? Not enough?

At what point do your abs start to show through? < 10% right?

Ideally I would like to be ~8.0% bodyfat by this time next month. Is this a realistic goal or do I need to make adjustments?

Thank you for your help if you can provide any. Any other comments about my routine or diet etc, are also appreciated!

Vido
07-18-2004, 12:46 AM
No eating after dinner until the next morning.

***Not good, you should be eating right up until bed time.***

In 2 months have made little gains on strength exercises. Have not decreased in strength but have not made any significant gains on any exercises.

***It's unlikely you'll gain strength on a cut, unless it's part of an actual program...random strength increases aren't going to happen on a low cal diet.**

They way I am performing this cut, does this look right? Am I consuming too many calories? Too little? Too much cardio? Not enough?

***The problem is you haven't changed what you're doing for 2 months. Your maintenance calories are lower now that you've lost some weight. You probably started with your calories too low in the first place, so I wouldn't drop too much lower or your metabolism will really shut down. You can try adding more cardio, but to be honest, I think your best bet is to forget cutting for now. Bulk up some, and then when it comes time to cut, do it right. Don't drop cals so low initially or do that much cardio right off the bat. The idea is to tweak the diet a bit each week until you reach your goal, whether it be dropping cals a bit or adding more cardio. However, when you're already eating so few calories and doing so much cardio there's not really anything left to tweak.***

At what point do your abs start to show through? < 10% right?

***Differs for everybody. I have a tough time believing you can't see your abs if you truly are 10%, although I've heard of that before. Depending on how developed they are, how tight your skin is, and a multitude of other factors they can begin to show probably anywhere from 5-15%.***

Ideally I would like to be ~8.0% bodyfat by this time next month. Is this a realistic goal or do I need to make adjustments?

*You need to make adjustments if you really want to reach that goal. The problem is I think you're going to lose too much muscle, and at 6' 160 lbs, I'm sorry but you don't have that much to spare.***

Thank you for your help if you can provide any. Any other comments about my routine or diet etc, are also appreciated!

ryuage
07-18-2004, 07:27 AM
yes it is possible.

CraigVA286
07-18-2004, 01:43 PM
Very possible BUT ........... You will also lose muscle