PDA

View Full Version : Here's The Story...

Big Zep
07-17-2004, 11:29 PM
So, im talking to the scout from PSU(Penn State University) and since my dad went there i got a little connection..the problem is that i dont wanna play DT, i wanna play saftey.

Anyway, i figure i would go in there next spring and suprise the **** out of them by dropping from 350(how much i weight now) to 220(my weight goal). Now, i need you guys help, please...

6'1
350 pounds
i lift everyday, but running is a different story.

I dont wanna take any fat cutting pills or anything like that, i wanna do this naturally... I did that calculator thing and it says i should eat 3900 calories a day...and that seems like a lot...

Will it be possible to be 220 by spring 2005? If so can you give me some thing s to eat daily? I was gonna go on a salad, fruit, pasta, diet. Is that cool? if not just give me your ideas...thanks a whole bunch to anyone who responds...

Scott S
07-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I was gonna go on a salad, fruit, pasta, diet. Is that cool?

No. You need protein if you're any kind of athlete; at least 200 grams per day for you.

Experiment a llttle bit and you'll find the right number of calories to eat to drop weight at 1-2 pounds per week. I'd also drop the lifting down to every other day. What's your current routine?

Good luck!

migs
07-17-2004, 11:45 PM
If you're 350 and the spring is about 9months away Id say you had better start asap and have alot of determination. You need to be losing 14lb a week, I can already tell you that it isnt healthy to lose that much in so little time because losing fat that fast has its side effects. Getting down to 250 would be great and alot easier and believe me they will be shocked, you dont have to reach your ideal weight to be good looking. When you drop from 350 - 250 is just as good.

3900 cals does seem alot.

Vido
07-18-2004, 12:32 AM
If you're 350 and the spring is about 9months away Id say you had better start asap and have alot of determination. You need to be losing 14lb a week, I can already tell you that it isnt healthy to lose that much in so little time because losing fat that fast has its side effects. Getting down to 250 would be great and alot easier and believe me they will be shocked, you dont have to reach your ideal weight to be good looking. When you drop from 350 - 250 is just as good.

3900 cals does seem alot.

14lbs a week? Try about 3. Is this possible? I suppose so, but you're going to lose a lot of muscle and strength in the process. Trust me, you'll look and feel better at 275 WITH some muscle on you, than 225 without it. Make sure you're weight training during this cut, and try to get that protein up to AT LEAST 1g per lb of bodyweight (you don't want to lose muscle when cutting!)

3900 cals is actually quite low for someone who weighs 350lbs...that's only about 11 x bodyweight.