PDA

View Full Version : How low can you go ?

Davy
07-18-2004, 03:28 AM
Say my maintenance is 2800 cals a day how low can you go calory whise when on a cutting cycle ?

Can you go under 2000 cals given your diet has plenty of proteins (and maybe even gain a little muscle from the test you use) ?

drew
07-18-2004, 07:21 AM
Sure, I've been under 2000 plenty of times. Just have to be extra clean. Lots of tuna and chicken does the trick to get enough protein without going over.

ryuage
07-18-2004, 07:25 AM
you could go low as you want really, the lower you go the higher the chance of losing muscle and supressing your metabolism and leptin levels, just be sure you know what you are doing and maybe inclue a refeed in there.

jimmyD
07-18-2004, 08:42 AM
ok this is a first look at my cutting diet. Keep in mind that i really didnt care about losing the muscle at this point due to me being 276 at the time i found i was diabetic.
/my diabetic meds /
1st- 1 ser oatmeal,1 ser cottage cheese.
2nd- 1 lowcarb sugar free yogurt. maybe a small tangerine also./eca stack/vitamin/
3rd- around 2 cups salad, can of 98%fat free chicken, sometimes a little tomato and,or cucumber, 1-2 tbs carbsense oliveoil dressing. /1 fishoil pill/1 selinium(my diet had 0 showing on my fit day and after some research its a great supp)
4th- jello (sugarfree) ---sometimes 1 ser peanuts or a 1 ser trailmix /eca stack/
5th- usually a strifry with a little chicken,steak,shrimp added onions/brocolli/mushrooms and,or some frozen type of stirfry veggies. with 2 tbs of oliveoil and some lemonpepper added using some dr.adkins teryiaki sauce added. I would eat sometimes 2-3 ser of that just to try to hit 2000cal.
6th i would eat a tablespoon of natrual peanut butter(best desert on the planet!)

this diet would keep me around 1800cal a day,i was also doing cardio almost every morning. I also began to add some protein shakes in the morning after my cardio . I got to 242 in around 2 months. I have been watching my diet alittle for last 3 weeks but have increased it alittle and havent gained any back. Im going to recut for the next few weeks and see if i cant get to maybe 220. my goal is to hit 200lbs then begin to bulk up! I have visually seen no loss in muscle even though im sure there is some. so my answer to you is yes you can effectively go under 2000cal a day . also at these times i was never feeling bad or down. my work performance was actually increased probally due to the lost weight. I would drink well over agallon of water/cystal light a day. hope maybe this helped alittle.

Davy
07-18-2004, 03:00 PM
you could go low as you want really, the lower you go the higher the chance of losing muscle and supressing your metabolism and leptin levels, just be sure you know what you are doing and maybe inclue a refeed in there.

Im talking AS whise here , so no natural cut.

Holto
07-18-2004, 07:39 PM
I think the standard advice to make small increments applies

start at 2000 drop 150-200 cals each week

100% Nitrogen Balance + really low cals = ? RMR

your metabolism could still be vulnerable, no ?