PDA

View Full Version : jimmyD's

jimmyD
07-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Ok-having been looking at many different websites over the last 2 months i have decided this is one of the best BB forum sites outthere! the people here seem to care the most with the least bi**hing/complaining/slandering . So i wont feel so bad leaving my progressions/slipups here. I will post exactly what i eat and do for the day. I hope me trying to lose the fat then gain the muscle dont rattle anyone for the first few months. but i feel like its easier to do if i write it down. I have been using fitday for a month or so in which i will post my results here from that site. I will take all comments/adjustments into consideration except i am going to lose much fat before i gain the muscle.
My short term goals are to lose another 20lbs putting me at around 220.then on to 200lbs after that. Then to start to bulk up. my long term goal is to atleast see where my abs are! I have went up to a size 40 jean since highschool but since i can remember i was in a 36-38. I have been fat all my life and yes had man tits all my life. This will all change over the next year as i hit my long term goal of seeing my abs!
I am 29yrs old. I weigh 242 now. I am a mechanic with NC dot. have a membership at golds gym now. I am typically a lazyass (sitting the ac as much as possible). I found out i was diabetic 2 months ago. I ride 4wheelers alot. I also hunt,fish and work on computers in my off time. married and have 2 great kids.
will be posting pictures (dont view if ya dont want to see a nasty slimy fatass at first) will also include some measurments with in a week or so. will begin posting my diet tomorrow.
Have a few questions first off. What are the best measurments to take to see my progressions/losses?

Scott S
07-18-2004, 09:50 AM
:spam:

A skinfold caliper (Accu-Measure is cheap) isn't going to be very useful right now, but it will help immensely to track your progress as your skin gets more pliable.

BTW, good luck! :thumbup:

Aspect
07-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Good luck!

Don't worry about what other people think of your goals. Having said that, I personally believe you're going about this the right way - get yourself relatively lean first, then worry about gaining muscle. One advantage of this is that you can learn / refine good technique while you lose the weight, ready for when you want to push for muscle gains.

As far as measurements go for tracking your progress, it's up to you. Your waist measurement combined with your weight and a few looks in the mirror will tell you what you need to know at first. Adding chest and hip measurements is possibly a good idea. You could take it further and get a full set of measurements, but to be honest for now you probably don't need it (though if you want to have something to compare yourself to in future, it might be worth taking them just once now - if so, measure your neck, shoulder width, shoulder circumference, chest, waist, hips, thighs at widest point, things above the knee, calf at widest point, upper arm with arm straight and unflexed, upper arm flexed, forearm with arm straight and hand open, and forearm with arm straight and hand clenched into a fist).

Just track your weight and waist (and maybe chest and hips) with any regularity; the other measurements you could take every 3 months or so, which should give you a boost of motivation as you see all the measurements improving. Once you get the fat off and start building muscle, you may be interested in tracking them a bit more often.

You could also consider body fat calipers, but I think for now you probably don't need them - weight and waist will be a great start. Consider the calipers once you get nearer your goal and may need to track chanes that much more closely.

All the best with your routine, hope it goes well - I'm sure you'll get plenty of support and advice when you need it!

jimmyD
07-19-2004, 05:02 PM
ok so I am already to go to the gym last night! have my food in cooler / clothes in bag for work after gym..... around 3am i wake up with a sour stomach! i was in the bathroom all day and left work early! not a good start but it did give me time to get some meal plans going...! I didnt eat much today due to not feeling well. Am ready for gym again!

TheGimp
07-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Good luck with things. A tape measure around the waist is probably the best way of tracking progress. Take some pics before you start - it can be hard to see progress when you stare at yourself in the mirror every day.

jimmyD
07-20-2004, 07:19 PM
ok- had a good day! felt great but was a tough to get my lazy butt out of bed at 5am!
20 min fast walk on treadmill.10min fast pedal on bike with some light resistance.
first thing i forgot my diabetic meds this morn but did ok today.
1- 2 ser ON's choc protein, 1 ser oatmeal,/vitamin/
2- small tangerine, 1 low carb strawberry yogurt, 1 small wedge watermelon, /eca stack/
3- 2 cups lettuce,1 can 98% fat free chicken, 1 tbs low carb oliveoil dressing, 1/2 cup imatation crab(was kinda a treat) /1 fishoil cap/
4- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (yummy) /eca stack/
5- 2 cups mix stirfry (contained chicken,steak,onions,bellpepper, seasoned with dr.atkins teriaki.
6- one teaspoon natural PB

Had a great day! I usually fell better and have abetter work day when i go to gym before work. i drank 1/2 gallon of crystallight lemonade and over a gallon of water during the day.
cant wait to lose this fat and wannabebig!

jimmyD
07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Had another good day. I walked for 15min (having a problem with my right leg- has a spot that hurts really bad when walking or slow jogging,gonna have to get it looked at.) so i went on the bike for 15 after that.
remembered my meds...
1- 2ser ON's pro,1 ser oatmeal
2- 1 small grapefruit, 1 cup low carb yogurt
3- 2cups lettuce, a few cuts tomato,1 can chicken 98%fat free /ECA stack/
4- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
5- 1 small lean 96/4 hamburger plain,1/2 cup peas
6- 2 tbs natural PB

TheGimp
07-22-2004, 03:47 AM
Sounds like things are going well :)

jimmyD
07-22-2004, 04:08 AM
ya so far-after looking close at my fitday im only showing around 1300 cal. think i might step it up to around 1800. dont want to shutdown on myself.

jimmyD
07-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Ok had a good day but i ate way to much of what i shouldnt of. Started good but then we got in late so we went for a quick meal....youll see
no gym today -
1- 2ser ON's prot,2ser oatmeal
2- 1 small grapefruit, 1/2 cup yougurt/eca stack/
3- same salad as past few days, fishoil capsule
4- 1ser cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries
5- 3 slice pizza
6- 2 cups of umm ahh umm ice cream.yes it was good and yes i feel like crap now.....but i didnt when i was eating it.
will have to make up for it this weekend and not eat like i do most of the time on weekends.