PDA

View Full Version : stupid noob question

thajeepster
07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
i just got the results in and im about 12 % bf and im about 145 lbs. Ive been on a pretty strict diet lately eating prob around 100 carbs and around 150-160 protien. Fat is around 20-30 g. Ive been doing this for around a month. Ive noticed that my body hasnt been getting any leaner even though ive been at a pretty low calorie rate lately, around 1800. Ive noticed some articles on refeeds, could this be the answer to my worries? What should i eat on a refeed, when should i do it? i usually work out m/t/w/th/f with sat and sunday off. thanks in advance.

Jasonl
07-21-2004, 07:42 AM
I don't know why you'd wanna cut at 145lbs with 12% bf, unless you're really short. In any case, you need more calories, it is likely your metabolism has shut down.
http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm
Here is an article on refeeds, but I really think you should bulk. If you add muscle, chances are you'll look leaner becuase you have more muscle to show.

ectx
07-21-2004, 11:24 AM
At 12% you've reached a respectably lean state. Unless you plan on competing or modeling, there's no need to get leaner. But, if you insist, keep in mind that getting from 12 to below 10 is a lot harder than going from way higher to the 12-14% range. Your body wants to keep on that little bit of fat. It's your body's bank account. It's also a healthy amount of fat to have on you, so you're going to need to employ more creative means of dieting. You might want to give UD2 a shot. Several members of this board have had very good success with it.

as an aside, and as I'm sure others will tell you, 12% at 145 is not a bad weight and composition to start attempting a slow and controlled bulk. Chances are you'll be happier with the results. Ultimately it's your body and your decision. We're just here to help guide you on the journey.

thajeepster
07-21-2004, 01:25 PM
thanks for the info guys, i think i should bulk up too, but its hard letting go of the physique ive got right being that im my first vacation home after the last 2 years in the marines. I think i should maintain what ive got right now and bulk when i get back home. So in the meantime, should i refeed once or twice during the week, prob on sat or sunday for me, my off days, does that mean i should just increase carbs? or fat too? does that mean i can finally go out and have those beers ive been craving :) mmm.... beer.

Vido
07-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Refeeds are generally high carb, moderate protein, and low fat.

ElPietro
07-21-2004, 02:09 PM
You could actually look leaner, or at least deepen the cuts on a moderate bulk. If you keep it relatively clean, you will increase muscle volume, which could more than offset some gain in bodyfat.

Just don't let yourself go too much.