PDA

View Full Version : UD.20 (What do you personaly carbo-load on)

harryhoudini66
07-22-2004, 09:32 AM
What do you load on? I want actual stuff not things you could load with.

I am having problems getting enough calories and complex carbs. Please give examples of your actual menu.

Manveet
07-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Pizza and cereal. I make the pizza myself. I buy a couple of large sized pies, and then put on 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup dried cottage cheese. Most of the cereal I eat is low in sugar, eg. Special K.

TheGimp
07-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Bagels. Lots and lots of bagels.

Here's one of my Fridays quoted from my journal:

Breakfast:
100g Weetabix mini crunch w/ chocolate chips
1 Scoop Casein

Lunchbox:
5 Bananas

100g Weetabix mini crunch w/ chocolate chips

8 Cinammon Raisin Bagels

2 Plain Bagels with Quorn Deli Slices

Night out on the town:
5 Jack Daniels and Coke
2 Southern Comfort and Lemonade

Dinner:
2 Cinammon Raisin Bagels

Pre Bed Shake:
2 Scoops Micellar Casein
2 Teaspoons Flax Oil

1080g of carbs there. The drinking was not something I did every week :p There are 5 more carb loads detailed in my journal if you fancy poking through it. (I finished UD2.0 a few weeks ago and am currently bulking).

ryuage
07-22-2004, 09:52 AM
bagels, pasta, cereal, fat free chips, gonna try some oriental noodles this week and rice.

Shao-LiN
07-22-2004, 10:33 AM
What do you load on? I want actual stuff not things you could load with.

I am having problems getting enough calories and complex carbs. Please give examples of your actual menu.

Cereal, pasta, rice, bagels, yaki soba noodles, udon, popsicles. Limit fat intake, but other than that, have fun.

Jezmason
07-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Night out on the town:
5 Jack Daniels and Coke
2 Southern Comfort and Lemonade

Damn Gimp, your dissapointing me, dont let the Brits down. You should atleast have 3 times that amount of drink, a kebab, 2 fights and a cheap whore thrown in there lmao.

Jasonl
07-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah, for complex I eat lots of whole wheat bagles. I just make sure to check the lable so there's no "enriched" wheat in there. Wheat bran cereals are also a good choice. Hell a whole box would probably be enough comlex carbs for one carb load.

AllUp
07-22-2004, 12:59 PM
-postWO- = Starting after the WO (in order mostly)
Smarties 10 rolls

1 hard roll, 2 bagels

6.5 eggs, 3cups of cookedonions, 3 wraps, 3 cups cooked peppers, light cheese for 3 huge breakfast wraps. One now, 2 thruought the day after decent carbage. :) This is only to help with calories and has ~1250 cals(3 wraps)
-end postWO-

mid morning:
~52 oz of gatorade

a few cups of rice krispies, pasta in the afternoon after my candy necklaces (dont laugh, the necklace is dextrose, magnesium stearate, good tasting and cheap. The gas station owner gives me a funny look every friday due to the necklaces, and yes-I eat it :) )

Afternoon: its bagels and smarties

-Evening I usually have pasta about 6-8 servings with veggies and sauce tapering off to veggies late PM. On a previous week I have subbed the pasta w/lightly cheesed thincrust pizza. On the first week of UD2 I subbed it with a lightly cheesed sicilian(next day I was somewhat bloated, most likely due to sodium in the crust. I suspect this as it IS a little salty, I have loaded this time of day with thincrust pizza before w/no bloat the next day).

that is usually my 1st 24h period of the 34h. I total roughly 1600-1700 carbs the first day and about 4800 cals.

hehe, actually I should take a pic of my desk at work while I have my food lined up... After I hit the wraps peeps look over like "WTF ARE you?" :)

Vido
07-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Best results: bagels after workout moving to lower GI things like brown rice, and finally, oats

Lesser results: kid's cereal, bagels, pasta

Worst results (the diet still worked though): cookies, donuts, cake, burger and fries, pizza

Isaac Wilkins
07-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I posted this in my journal, but here's today's (the mixed day) plan. Note that I'm trying to get as much into it today as possible, as I'm cursed with traveling tomorrow and things are going to get messed up.

Tomorrow I will try to eat reasonably high-carb, and include some extra bagels that I'll be bringing with me.

Also note that I'm pretty good sized, so there's more here than most people will use.

7:30am
-4oz ground beef
-8oz skim milk
-2 scoop whey
-10g ground apple fiber
-10g ground whole psyllium
-3 fish oil caps
-3 cayenne pepper caps
-1g vitamin C
-400 I.U. Vitamin E
-1 Multivitamin
-945mg green tea extract
-2g MSM

10:45
-25mg Ephedrine HCL
-200mg Caffiene

11:45
-8oz sliced turkey breast
-1 cup raw brocolli
-3 fish oil caps
-3 cayenne pepper caps

3:30 (pre-workout)
-20 green grapes
-2 scoops whey
-15g sucrose
-5g Creatine

4:30 (post-workout) (start carb-up)
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-600mg ALA
-400mg Chromium Picolinate
-5g Creatine
-2 scoops whey
-200g dextrose
-2 small peanut butter whoopie pies

6:30
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-600mg ALA
-5g Creatine
-2 scoops whey
-200g dextrose

9:30
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-600mg ALA
-5g Creatine
-0.5 lb 4% cottage cheese
-2 packages Raman noodles

2:30am (after work :mad: )
-50mg Zinc
-500mg Magnesium

2:40am
-2 tbsp Nutella
-1 extra large whole wheat bagel
-0.5 lb 4% cottage cheese
-3 fish oil caps
-1200mg Sodium Bicarbonate
-5g creatine
-1g Vitamin C
-400 I.U. Vitamin E
-1 Multivitamin
-2g MSM

HobbesAB
07-22-2004, 03:21 PM
fried rice: rice, shrimp and/or chicken, assorted veggies, and egg whites

ryuage
07-22-2004, 05:00 PM
I dont even consume any protein sources except milk with my cereal and my post wo shake =\

ryuage
07-22-2004, 05:03 PM
-postWO- = Starting after the WO (in order mostly)
Smarties 10 rolls

1 hard roll, 2 bagels

6.5 eggs, 3cups of cookedonions, 3 wraps, 3 cups cooked peppers, light cheese for 3 huge breakfast wraps. One now, 2 thruought the day after decent carbage. :) This is only to help with calories and has ~1250 cals(3 wraps)
-end postWO-

mid morning:
~52 oz of gatorade

a few cups of rice krispies, pasta in the afternoon after my candy necklaces (dont laugh, the necklace is dextrose, magnesium stearate, good tasting and cheap. The gas station owner gives me a funny look every friday due to the necklaces, and yes-I eat it :) )

Afternoon: its bagels and smarties

-Evening I usually have pasta about 6-8 servings with veggies and sauce tapering off to veggies late PM. On a previous week I have subbed the pasta w/lightly cheesed thincrust pizza. On the first week of UD2 I subbed it with a lightly cheesed sicilian(next day I was somewhat bloated, most likely due to sodium in the crust. I suspect this as it IS a little salty, I have loaded this time of day with thincrust pizza before w/no bloat the next day).

that is usually my 1st 24h period of the 34h. I total roughly 1600-1700 carbs the first day and about 4800 cals.

hehe, actually I should take a pic of my desk at work while I have my food lined up... After I hit the wraps peeps look over like "WTF ARE you?" :)

pixie sticks and sweet tarts work as well, mainly dextrose.

ryuage
07-22-2004, 05:42 PM
btw allup, what is your weight that is a lottttttttttttta carbs.

Isaac Wilkins
07-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I should be taking in from 1400-1700g of carbs, and I weigh 245. The point of this diet is a lot of carbs.

;)

Jasonl
07-22-2004, 06:49 PM
I should be taking in from 1400-1700g of carbs, and I weigh 245. The point of this diet is a lot of carbs.

;)That's the truth. I swear after the carb load I never want to see a carb again.... Until the next startvation day.:)

ryuage
07-22-2004, 07:26 PM
oh my, carbbbbbbbbs cant get enough of em, some of you guys have some pretty high fat carb ups.

just made for firs time

whole wheat pita
organic pasta sauce
fat free moz cheese

yummmmm

Deathwish
07-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I use dextrose, malo-dextrin, bagels, pasta

edd91
07-23-2004, 04:31 AM
how often do you carb load ?

Augury
07-23-2004, 05:25 AM
Your on UD2. you should carb load once per week for 30 hours.

I carbloaded on:

Rolled oats
Good for you bagels.
Brown Rice. with chicken.

the lump of chicken was prolly the only protein i ate those days due to the sheer tag along quantities of protein in the carbs (especially in oats).

I mostly ate the oats. Tho now i know i respond well to brown rice. So id have half/half. Less bloat.

Augs

AllUp
07-23-2004, 06:55 AM
btw allup, what is your weight that is a lottttttttttttta carbs.
~244 atm.

I have simples for the 1st 10h of the next day as well tapering off to complex in teh afternoon.