PDA

View Full Version : Help with Weight and food please :)

Xaust
07-25-2004, 08:34 PM
Okay, heres the deal:

I am 15, 5'7ish, and around 110 pounds. I have been working out for about 9 months now. I have seen size imporvement, but still my weight is very low. I am pretty lean, I can see a 4 pac with ease(very noticeable when flexed), but I can still have a tiny bit of fat, maybe 1 small grab of fat? I need an idea, on how to lose this bit of fat, but gain weight, atleast 10-15 pounds. (I have a very small bone structure-Could this have anything to do with weight) I consider myself to be stronger then average for my age, and muscle size reasonably bigger then average. So I don't understand why I am so light? I am encouraged to eat a lot of fat foods, like ice cream, chocolate and stuff like that, to put on weight, would this be adviced? I consider myself to be active, I go to the gym 4-5 times a week, and do cardio maybe around 3-4 times a week. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, in helping me reach my goal. Thanks in advance.

David
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
drop the
cardio

Xaust
07-25-2004, 08:50 PM
A lot of people have suggested this, but then won't I start putting fat on? Maybe cut it down to 2 times a week? I want to get rid of the last handful of fat, its like 1 small handful :P everywhere else im pretty skinny :) (Its not very noticeable)

TOBART
07-25-2004, 10:22 PM
110lbs at 5' 7", don't worry about that fat at all. Drop the cardio, go the the gym 3-4 times a week (more time for your body to recover). I'm 5' 7" 138 (120lbs last year) and I try and eat as cleanly as possibly but I really dont mind eating fast food 3-5 times a week and eating pizza and stuff whenever possible. I've found I can't put on fat no matter how hard I try, I can just very slowly gain some size (about 2 pounds on a good month).

edit: I also do no cardio at all, occasionally I ride a bike, but overall I am very inactive

Xaust
07-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Hehe, I ride my back 20 minutes everyday just to get to the gym, then do cardio on top of it? Do you think Biking is enough cardio? I always had the idea, that running was the actual real "fat burner" :p I am not worried, I have very little fat, looking on what I have seen on the pic section, I'm guessing 11-13% bf, just a guess could be less, pretty sure not more then 13.

HahnB
07-25-2004, 11:51 PM
Hehe, I ride my back 20 minutes everyday just to get to the gym, then do cardio on top of it? Do you think Biking is enough cardio? I always had the idea, that running was the actual real "fat burner" :p I am not worried, I have very little fat, looking on what I have seen on the pic section, I'm guessing 11-13% bf, just a guess could be less, pretty sure not more then 13.

It's not really an issue of burning fat. That's just a term that is thrown around a lot and doesn't have a lot of meaning to it. When you do a lot of cardio, you burn off calories that are needed to gain weight. So if you want to do a lot of cardio, you have to eat that much more to make sure you get a surplus of calories in your daily diet.

Xaust
07-26-2004, 12:18 AM
Oh, I see, any suggestions then to burn very small ammount of fat, while gaining weight, and muscle :P It would be easier if I could show a pic, to bad I don't got a cam :(

mikah
07-26-2004, 02:14 AM
You really need to stop worrying about putting on fat. If you focus on putting on muscle you will lean out anyway.
If you are a guy 110 pounds is wayyyy to skinny.
EAT clean and alot!
Lift HEAVY
STOP CARDIO..
then eat some more..

Xaust
07-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Okay.

Xaust
07-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Any other suggestions or ideas?

TOBART
07-26-2004, 06:16 PM