PDA

View Full Version : what are the best types of Fruit?

vegetapower
07-26-2004, 07:54 PM
If you had to choose 3 fruits that had the most health benefits, what would they be and why? Also what fruits have the highest levels of antioxidants?

Mikey
07-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I would study the monkeys and eat the fruits that they eat. Monkeys are very strong and very healthy. Just the other day I read about a monkey that lived to be very old and he once starred in a Tarzan movie. That's what I would do I would study the monkeys.

ecliptic
07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I dont have tons of knowledge on fruits, but I've heard blueberries are one of the best fruits for you. I like them, apples, and bananas. Those are the fruits I usually eat.

LightningandIce
07-26-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't know about antioxidants, but I'd say oranges are pretty good. They taste great and have tons of vitamin C. I don't know about health for fruits. I guess apples are good for you too. As the saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Holto
07-26-2004, 10:04 PM
blueberries are higher than any food on the ORAC which rates Anit-Oxidant activity

blueberries get a 60 and most other berries score high 50's

frozen berry mixes are great for smoothies I try to get one every day

brewski053
07-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Fruits with the most anti oxidents are blueberry's, strawberry's, blackberry's, and rasberry's. Plus the seeds they have in em are a great source of fiber. Tomatoes are high in anti-oxidents too.Fruits like oranges, bananas, and grapefruits are high in potassium, I read somewhere they decrease bloating.....

I usually eat bananas, strawberry's and apples..........

Spartacus
08-04-2004, 10:08 PM
blueberries are higher than any food on the ORAC which rates Anit-Oxidant activity

blueberries get a 60 and most other berries score high 50's

frozen berry mixes are great for smoothies I try to get one every day

word.

in the summer when peaches are avalible my smoothies are even better. :)

usually throw a banana in there too.

Ğragons
08-05-2004, 08:48 AM
banana
pear
plums ;)