PDA

View Full Version : Leaning out questions

Jen14
07-28-2004, 01:36 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined

I just started a lean out / muscle build up diet
I have been training for 2 years prev to this.
My goal is to compete in bodybuilding next June
I am eating
Chicken 5 0z
Tuna
Egg Whites
Oats
Veggies
Crispy mInis
Crystal Light etc..

And thats the extent of it ...
I am using one meal a week for a reload (cheat) Meal to fill my muscles back up...
How long does it take to see changes?
I am 5'3 120 pnds...

Thanks!
Jen

mickyjune26
07-28-2004, 02:06 PM
If you eat enough and work out enough, the biggest improvement will be during the first 2 months. After that, your body might not grow as fast.

If you keep up with it, you can make it.

raniali
07-28-2004, 02:15 PM
i think you need a better grasp of your diet if you want to compete next year. diet is about 80% of the battle. if you have never counted your macros and cals - try fitday.com for starters. the protein and veggies are good things but you are significantly deficient in fats, esp. good fats (fish oil, flax). if you aren't planning to compete for another year or so, you have plenty of time to 'bulk up' and THEN cut. cutting too soon is not going to be an advantage because you most likely will not be able to maintain an extremely low bodyfat to begin with. additionally, use the time to grow and improve.

i can't tell you what your daily caloric intake should be - but you do need to balance out your foods first and then decide if your weight is stable or not - and if not, then by how much. on a cut, you should aim to lose 1-2 lbs per week TOPS. on a bulk, i wouldn't push more than that or you most definitely are going to be getting FAT.

go to fitday, put your food in and then come back with the specifics.

mikah
07-29-2004, 04:06 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined

I just started a lean out / muscle build up diet
I have been training for 2 years prev to this.
My goal is to compete in bodybuilding next June
I am eating
Chicken 5 0z
Tuna
Egg Whites
Oats
Veggies
Crispy mInis
Crystal Light etc..

And thats the extent of it ...
I am using one meal a week for a reload (cheat) Meal to fill my muscles back up...
How long does it take to see changes?
I am 5'3 120 pnds...

Thanks!
Jen

Whats crispy minis??
Probably not a good thing in the diet because it sounds too processed.Id start with 14x your BW. Get 40/40/20 split down and take it from there.
LIFT HEAVY.. 6-8 reps.
cardio 3x a week at 20-30 min AM before breakfast. Not too much cardio if you are trying to build.

Work on building before cutting but not both at once.
You can cut and try to retain but its pretty hard to really build.