PDA

View Full Version : Newbie pics......critique and comments please

jayanth_u
10-23-2001, 08:37 AM
Hi
I am Jay,26 working as a software consultant from India.am a newbie in the fitness arena.
have been working out for 4.5 months and went from 136 pounds to 150 pounds.....
stats......well....ahemm........
Height - 5'11"
weight - 150 pounds
Chest - 39
waist - 33
arms - 13
legs - not visible

just posted my ics....please be frank and harsh in your opinions....I am like a furnace right now and I need some hard COAL
my goal is to reach 172 pounds till Dec.Not equipped with the best of genetics but have loads of determination and ready to experiment with things.....I am a strict vegetarian.....but willing to start eating chicken for the cause.....
I would love to take advice from you...please go thru my pics...you are all experts in this field....I would immensely appreciate the help......and when I post my pics in Dec you guys wont be disappointed....
I assure you on this.....

The link is
http://photos.yahoo.com/jay_jammin

and please click on "BB" folder to get into the pics folder.....

Thanks for everything

YatesNightBlade
10-23-2001, 08:46 AM
I can see the pics but I suspect other might not be able too. You'll need to share them to public.

You need some work .... more mass needed. You still look good for only a few months of training. Muscle building is a hard thing to do and it takes time. Your back looks like it's gonna be your strong point.

Why no leg shots ???? Big legs = Big body.

Keep going.

Franco
10-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Some good progress thus far:)

Could you post your diet in this section, and your current training routine within training

Tryska
10-23-2001, 08:51 AM
hey there! welcome to the board.......i think you
d definitely want to make sure you get adequate protein in your diet.....if your willing to eat chicken then that will go a long way, as well, eggs, and milk. how do you feel about fish?

Bam Bam
10-23-2001, 08:56 AM
Im no expert but id say you got all you need to get the job done (determination) i think your goal is easily reachable with good training and clean foods. Chicken would be a good starting point for protein try tuna aswell.

look in the guys online journals and see what they are doing to gain weight and curtail that to your needs

codei
10-23-2001, 10:05 AM
might be good to get a wax or at least a trim, i cant really see whats going on.

jayanth_u
10-23-2001, 07:43 PM
Hello Good people
Thanks a lot for the reviews.I am so glad this kind of community exists for promoting safe and healthy living .
I am currently on to bulking phase and my plan for the phase is :

Bfast
2 whole boiled eggs
Oat meal in full milk (1 cup)
Whey protein shake in Soya milk with icecream

mid morning
energy drink, hand ful of mixed nuts

lunch
1 cup potato curry with beans , 2 cups of white rice

mid afternoon
energy drink , mixed nuts

post workout
two whole boiled eggs
EAS Creatine 5 g
Designer protein in Soya milk with banana

Dinner

Is this ok diet for the bulking phase?
I am gonna start eating chicken.What should be the serving size and what kind of chicken should I start with?
I am not sure if I can eat fish...so chicken would be good to start with I think.

My workout routine is :
2 day on one day off
2 day on 2 days off

Mon
Chest , abs
Incline DB press,fly,bench press

Tue
Back
Seated row , lat pulldown, one arm DB row,barbell row

Thu
Arms
Barbell curl,DB curl,hammer curl,concentration curl
Close grip press,Triceps extension,dips

Fri
Shoulders and Thighs
DB press,back press,front raises,side raises
Squats

I also cardio first thing in the morning for 3 days in a week for 20 minutes (Jogging/Swimming)

Any suggestions would be highly absorbed in this Window of opportunity......:0)

Thanks again........

YatesNightBlade
10-24-2001, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by jayanth_u
Hello Good people
Thanks a lot for the reviews.I am so glad this kind of community exists for promoting safe and healthy living .
I am currently on to bulking phase and my plan for the phase is :

Bfast
2 whole boiled eggs
Oat meal in full milk (1 cup)
Whey protein shake in Soya milk with icecream

*Lose the full milk and have Skim instead
*Lose the Icecream

mid morning
energy drink, hand ful of mixed nuts

*lose the Energy Drink and have some Fruit.

lunch

* More Protein needed with this meal and less carbs. (Chicken or Fish etc etc.). Lose a cup of rice.

mid afternoon
energy drink , mixed nuts
*again ... lose the energy drink. have a little Protein here too in the form of Egg Whites.

post workout
two whole boiled eggs
EAS Creatine 5 g
Designer protein in Soya milk with banana

*fine. :)

Dinner
* More Protein needed with this meal and less carbs. (Chicken or Fish etc etc.). Lose a cup of rice.

Is this ok diet for the bulking phase?
I am gonna start eating chicken.What should be the serving size and what kind of chicken should I start with?
I am not sure if I can eat fish...so chicken would be good to start with I think.

My workout routine is :
2 day on one day off
2 day on 2 days off

Mon
Chest , abs
Incline DB press,fly,bench press

Tue
Back
Seated row , lat pulldown, one arm DB row,barbell row

Thu
Arms
Barbell curl,DB curl,hammer curl,concentration curl
Close grip press,Triceps extension,dips

*Dont Train Triceps when you have shoulders the next day. Your gonna be using them with shoulders.

Fri
Shoulders and Thighs
DB press,back press,front raises,side raises
Squats

* Legs are hard to train and should really be trained alone. Think about it, it's half your body.

I also cardio first thing in the morning for 3 days in a week for 20 minutes (Jogging/Swimming)

*fine

Any suggestions would be highly absorbed in this Window of opportunity......:0)

*lol
Thanks again........

hemants
10-24-2001, 08:12 AM
With eggs, milk, and whey you've got the best protein sources covered. If you want to add other sources for the sake of taste and variety then by all means, do so.

In general I'd say that you should cut back on saturated fats like whole milk and ice cream and add some flax oil instead.

The other thing to consider is taking a multivitamin with zinc as zinc raises testosterone.

P.S. I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs and I'm jealous of your back and shoulders ;) Good work!

jayanth_u
10-24-2001, 08:59 PM
Yates thanks a lot for the advice....I am already implementing it....droppin the icecream has given me less cramps during day time.....difficult thing is to force feed yourself at 7:00 AM....
will keep u posted....
Yates.....I would like to ask one thing....I want to concentrate more upon chest and arms ..can I take the current routine to the level where I am trainin these 2 body parts for 2 times a week...will that be beneficial if I continue for another 4 weeks and then come back to the normal routine?

jayanth_u
10-24-2001, 09:00 PM
Hemants.....hey thanks for the compliment....I am supercharged now........:D ......what are you upto??

YatesNightBlade
10-25-2001, 04:36 AM
It's a time game. You chest will grow but it takes time. If you do more then once a week you'll be over training your chest and arms, possibley causing progression to slow down (if not stop).

Be patient.

Good Luck Bro. :)

hemants
10-25-2001, 07:05 AM
Oh, not upto much, just working on my damn lats ;)

Scooby-Doo
10-25-2001, 06:25 PM
Looking good Jay :)
Keep up the hard work and you'll reach your goals :thumbup: