PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bars? Any ideas?

luckee001
07-28-2004, 06:41 PM
what do you guys think of these as possible snacks? I'm looking for a convenient snack to take with me to school to eat between breakfast and lunch. I'm thinking between 200-300 calories, with atleast 10 grams of protein.... has anyone had these "Jay Bars?"

http://www.jayrobb.com/jayroorpebub.html

i was also considering taking some sort of fruit and then some kind of nuts to go with it for protein and a little fat... but do the nuts provide complete protein?

which, in your opinion is the better "snack?" or do you have any other recommendations? remember, this is at school, during class, so i cant cook or anything...thanks!

Saint Patrick
07-28-2004, 10:48 PM
$2.99 each? Grab a can of tuna for 33% of the price.

Vido
07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
A can of tuna is a good idea. One can mixed with one tbsp of olive oil should be about 250 calories, and you've got some quality protein and healthy fats. You'll also get to see the disgusted look on your classmates' faces when they breathe in a whiff of the tuna...that alone would be enough to make me want to do it :D.

AllUp
07-29-2004, 08:24 AM
the disgusted look on your classmates' faces when they breathe in a whiff of the tuna...
Priceless. :p

ryuage
07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
A can of tuna is a good idea. One can mixed with one tbsp of olive oil should be about 250 calories, and you've got some quality protein and healthy fats. You'll also get to see the disgusted look on your classmates' faces when they breathe in a whiff of the tuna...that alone would be enough to make me want to do it :D.

what about your own disgusted face? haha

Vido
07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
The smell of tuna doesn't bother me. I think the same can be said for the majority of those who consume it on a fairly regular basis, but you get average joe from science class to take a whiff and you'd think he was driving through a cow pasture.