PDA

View Full Version : Pre / Post Intake Confusion....

y2klifter
07-29-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm currently on a cut at the moment and I am not sure what I should take for a PRE/POST workout snack/shake.

Right now POST Workout I consume 2 scoops (46 GRAMS) of Chocolate Whey with 1% Milk..

I have no PRE Workout ritual..

What is the difference between Glucose, Dextrose, Glutamine..And what should I be taking and when? Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA.

Anthony
07-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Glucose and dextrose are simple carbs (sugars) and most people use them post workout. Glutamine is an amino acid. I don't feel it's necessary to take it separately. As for your pre workout, it's your preference. Some people eat, some people don't. :)

Saint Patrick
07-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Use water instead of Milk post workout.

y2klifter
08-06-2004, 08:44 AM
I have switched to water with my protein. Thanks for advice everyone.

Podcore
08-06-2004, 09:40 AM
What is the idea behind switching to water post workout? WHat about skim milk? is the idea to cut out the fat?

TBone4Eva
08-06-2004, 09:52 AM
No, the idea is that milk has the protein Casein (sp?) in it, which will slow absorption. After your workout ideally you want to get those proteins and carbs in very quickly to bring your muscles back into an anabolic state.

Davy
08-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Wich carbs ??? If your mixing whey with water , you just have proteins , nothing more.

In fact the whey protein will not get absorbed slower due to the mix with casein , as every type of proteins digests seperetly .... so the whey is taken direct into the bloodstream and the casein on a steady pace.

Holto
08-06-2004, 10:31 AM
casein can delay gastric empyting which will slow absorbtion of anything in your stomach ie: whey and carbs

TBone4Eva
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Wich carbs ??? If your mixing whey with water , you just have proteins , nothing more. Some people mix Maltodextrin and/or Dextrose into their post workout protein shakes to help replenish glycogen stores in the muscle, again, to bring the muscle back into an anabolic state.