PDA

View Full Version : Starving while cutting!

SW
07-30-2004, 02:15 PM
I started cutting a while ago and it was all just fine. I went from 3000-4000 bulking calories to 2500 and finally I'm at 2000-2100 per day. I lead a lifestyle that ranges from fairly active to all day heavy workload. On heavy activity days, I will eat 200-300 more calories than normal, or I may feel sick. Well, about 2 days ago I started to get this ravenous apetite. I mean I wanna go outside and murder a cow. It's hard not to think about food and I think I've got about 5 lbs to go in my cut. No matter how filling a food is, I seem to want to eat till I burst. I've never in my life wanted to do this and it's fairly disturbing. Anybody else had this while cutting after a while and suddenly developed an apetite from Hell? Please to me how you managed to ease your apetite without killing the neighbor's cow. Thanks guys.

PiKappaWRX
07-30-2004, 02:21 PM
i haven't learned to control that appetite from hell yet, don't u hate it when u give in?

SW
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
i haven't learned to control that appetite from hell yet, don't u hate it when u give in?

Lol I don't give in but I do start looking around the house thinking "If I don't eat something I will die." Then I think "What around here will let me start thinking straight again with the lowest calories" Then I pace a while and sit down finally or go outside. It's a real b**** though

Scott S
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Why did you drop your calories so fast?

SW
07-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Why did you drop your calories so fast?

Because I'm a dumbass. Now I see it maybe wasn't such a great idea. First cut you see. I hate it lol.

Scott S
07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Because I'm a dumbass. Now I see it maybe wasn't such a great idea. First cut you see. I hate it lol.

Gotcha. Generally, metabolism (inc leptin) takes a much greater hit than fat loss when calories are dropped suddenly.

SW
07-30-2004, 07:47 PM
^^ That could be the reason. I probably have lost less weight than I could have should I have lowered caloreis alot slower. Damn. Oh well, I've learned for next time.

Conor
08-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh man, you think you have it bad. I'm trying to cut right now too and get the same damn cravings. Imagine working at a Pizza Place and getting that appetite. Yeah, welcome to my life man, it's soooooooo hard.

I've thought very hard about mudering a cow too, I know how you feel!

kozen
08-04-2004, 12:40 AM
Ive been told that low-gi foods and eating more fats (the right kind) can help reduce hunger gravings. Drinking massive amounts of water and chewing sugar free gum also helps.

emjlr3
08-04-2004, 06:41 AM
eat celery and pickles :)

geoffgarcia
08-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Generally, metabolism (inc leptin) takes a much greater hit than fat loss when calories are dropped suddenly.agreed.

How long have you been on this diet?
how long were you at 2500 calories, how long at 2100?
also, age, height, weight, bf% are important here.

nejar462
08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Smoke some buddha.

Than you'll truly understand what hunger can be like. One time I smoked a quarter of an O with my buddy and I was so hungry that I just went up and down the halls of my dorm at like 1 o clock begging people for food. I cleaned out so many people's rooms its freaking crazy. I was like some kind of ravenous swarm of locusts.

BTW no matter what it's just a matter of willpower if you can resist it or not. I dunno if it's really severe than maybe its best to up your cals slightly. You don't want to go to heavily against the needs of your body.

JTyrell710
08-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Oh man, you think you have it bad. I'm trying to cut right now too and get the same damn cravings. Imagine working at a Pizza Place and getting that appetite. Yeah, welcome to my life man, it's soooooooo hard.

I've thought very hard about mudering a cow too, I know how you feel!

NOW that would be rough! :bow:

Relentless
08-04-2004, 12:32 PM
pop some flax oil caps to help ease the hunger
sugar free jello is also a way to fill your stomach on a handful of calories

geoffgarcia has it right though; post your stats and you may get much more useful feedback

shootermcgavin7
08-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Geoff is right, you get much better feedback with stats.

Kozen is also right. Water does help somewhat.

superior_will - keep taking the advice on the board and don't worry too badly, everyone that I know that's fairly involved in bodybuilding screws up AT LEAST their first cut.

I'm sure there are some *******s on this board who hit their first cut dead on. Maybe I should start a poll seeing how bad people screwed up their first cuts when they were newbies.