PDA

View Full Version : Meal suggestions for someone starting to bulk?

rray
07-31-2004, 11:01 PM
:newbie:

Hi,
Just starting to bulk. I'm eating alot of breads, pastas it seems like trying to get around 4500 calories a day. I'm currently 6'6 190Ibs. Its hard to put togeher meal ideas when im grocery shopping. Any suggestions? What worked for you when you were bulking?

Joe Black
08-01-2004, 05:20 AM
4500 calories a day :eek: sheesh, your metabolism must be on overdrive, heres me at 195 trying to lose weight and maintaining at 2700!!!

Bulking is easy really. The hardest thing is being able to eat a lot, so you must focus on calorie dense foods. Pasta, bread, rice are good options as you say.

Eggs of course have a fair amoutnof fat in them get some in in the morning, and a load of oats... Go for red meats, steaks etc... don't worry so much of your meat options are not lean.

Stuff like rice pudding and things like that are very calorie dense and if you are bulking you can get away with the sugary carb content.

You might also want to look to consume liquid meals as it will not fill you up so much. Have a look at Opticen at www.atlargenutrition.com or perhaps some weight gainers.

rray
08-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, ive always been one of those guys that can eat whatever i want and not gain a pound. Thanks for the suggestions

SalahG
08-02-2004, 05:09 AM
:newbie:

Hi,
Just starting to bulk. I'm eating alot of breads, pastas it seems like trying to get around 4500 calories a day. I'm currently 6'6 190Ibs. Its hard to put togeher meal ideas when im grocery shopping. Any suggestions? What worked for you when you were bulking?
4500 Cals actually isn't that big of a deal given your height. I've seen guys on other boards that are your size that cut with 5000 cals, and bulk with 8000, which is ridiculously high, but they are really hardgainers.

Anyways, what Hulk said about foods is good. Eat lots of the calorie dense stuff(Meats, Fats, 'Whole Foods'), and stay away from the true junk, like milkshakes, candy, and the like.

Ğragons
08-02-2004, 08:57 AM
cut with 5k calories?
ouch lol

KIDRR
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
Gawd damn I though I was a skinny ass at 6'3" 190lbs.....Get a bunch of weight gainer powder for between meals...you must look like a stick.