PDA

View Full Version : UD2 Diet help

Pete_Sebastiano
08-01-2004, 05:30 AM
I am starting the UD2 2mrw...I am 16 yrs old, 164 cm tall and weigh around 151 lbs (69-70 kgs)..The three days of the diet looks like this:

Supplements: Multivitamins, Fish Oil Caps..

Maintenance: 2800 Cals

Day 1-3: (1400 Calories)

180 grams Protein (51%)
52 grams Carb (15%)
52 grams Fat (34%)

Does that look correct or not?

And a few other questions:

1) When can I use the ECA Stack (3 daily)?? Can I use it everyday? and do I need to cycle it?

2) I dont have MCT/DAG Oil..Can I use Olive oil instead?

3) When Should Creatine be used? everyday? during depletion or carb-up?

ryuage
08-01-2004, 05:52 AM
looks fine

1: yes
2: sure you dont need either really
3: during carb up

Augury
08-01-2004, 06:45 AM
:withstupi

looks good so far. i did ud2 without fish caps and just olive oil. worked fine for me. There are a lot of EFA's in a mixed diet.

i found the high protien, low carb meals gave me a lot of reflux during the depletion workouts for the first 2-3 weeks. lot of light headedness too. but that was just me. ymmv.

watch for the fat intake on the carbup days. oats and things like oats carry a lot of tag along fat...8g per 100g if i recall....so after 1000g of carbs thats 80g of fat. bagels are realy low in fat. so is brown rice. i wish i had discovered brown rice earlier.

Augs

ryuage
08-01-2004, 07:00 AM
i've been using lipton rice yummy, next week I will probably stick to brown rice and see how that goes, I did 8 day version did brown rice on second day of carb load and it seems to work well.

Shao-LiN
08-01-2004, 10:15 AM
I am starting the UD2 2mrw...I am 16 yrs old, 164 cm tall and weigh around 151 lbs (69-70 kgs)..The three days of the diet looks like this:

Supplements: Multivitamins, Fish Oil Caps..

Maintenance: 2800 Cals

Day 1-3: (1400 Calories)

180 grams Protein (51%)
52 grams Carb (15%)
52 grams Fat (34%)

Does that look correct or not?

And a few other questions:

1) When can I use the ECA Stack (3 daily)?? Can I use it everyday? and do I need to cycle it?

2) I dont have MCT/DAG Oil..Can I use Olive oil instead?

3) When Should Creatine be used? everyday? during depletion or carb-up?

If I remember correctly, you can find the answer to all of these in the book.

In any event, you should not use the ECA stack everyday, as the book says. You only should be using it on diet days (i.e. Monday-Wednesday, and Sunday afternoon). ECA stack will cause some insulin insensitivity, which is what you do not want during the refeed periods.

The book never said MCT or DAG oil were a requirement. They were a suggestion. It also said if you don't have either, then using olive oil is fine.

Creatine should only be loaded starting Thursday-Friday. You can also use creatine around your workout on Saturday, but it isn't necessary. This was also in the book.

Pete_Sebastiano
08-02-2004, 07:04 AM
I done a depletion w/o today..It quite tough..Did it in 1.5 hrs..Gotta shorten the rest more.. I felt the muscular burning sensation when I was doing each rep..But it goes away like say 15 mins after the w/o..I felt a slight dizziness and fatigue, but i didn't really felt nausea and etc desciribed in the book... Is this all good?

I didn't feel too hungry today..BUt anyway.. It describes in the book.. sumfink along the line of replenishing liver glycogen with sucrose and some fructose? What foods are high in those sugars??? Or can I use Maltodextrin/Dextrrose instead?

TBone4Eva
08-02-2004, 07:47 AM
I done a depletion w/o today..It quite tough..Did it in 1.5 hrs..Gotta shorten the rest more.. I felt the muscular burning sensation when I was doing each rep..But it goes away like say 15 mins after the w/o..I felt a slight dizziness and fatigue, but i didn't really felt nausea and etc desciribed in the book... Is this all good?Sounds good to me.

I didn't feel too hungry today..BUt anyway.. It describes in the book.. sumfink along the line of replenishing liver glycogen with sucrose and some fructose? What foods are high in those sugars??? Or can I use Maltodextrin/Dextrrose instead?
Well, a couple of times some folks on here have said eating fruit was bad cause it went towards replenishing liver glycogen instead of muscle. So, based on that, I would recommend fruit. Stay away from the malto and dextrose as they help replenish muscle glycogen stores.

TheGimp
08-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Sucrose is table sugar and will generally be listed in ingredients simply as "sugar". It's a disaccharaide compose of half glucose and half fructose. It's fructose that preferentially refills liver glycogen. As its name suggests it's the main sugar in fruit.

The sugar in milk, lactose, is composed of half glucose and half galactose. Galactose also preferentially refills liver glycogen.

Where does it mention eating these foods? As far as I can recall the only recommendation is to limit yourself to 50g of fructose during a carb up (Or as sucrose is half fructose, 100g of sucrose) as the purpose is to refill muscle glycogen, not hepatic.

Shao-LiN
08-02-2004, 10:01 PM
I done a depletion w/o today..It quite tough..Did it in 1.5 hrs..Gotta shorten the rest more.. I felt the muscular burning sensation when I was doing each rep..But it goes away like say 15 mins after the w/o..I felt a slight dizziness and fatigue, but i didn't really felt nausea and etc desciribed in the book... Is this all good?

The book mentions replenishing liver glycogen with fructose (or sucrose which is half glucose, half fructose). This would be used pre-workout for your tension workouts on Thursdays (assuming you do your tension w/o on thursdays). This would be the ideal time to eat some fruit, or buy a fructose/maltodextrin coctail as mentioned in the book. This is primarily used to kick start the anabolic phase of the week. You don't have to do this...you can very well just use maltodextrin/dextrose if you wanted to.

As mentioned, 50 grams of fructose (or 100 grams of sucrose) can help to improve the quality of your refeed.

Pete_Sebastiano
08-05-2004, 02:00 AM
I starting my carbload this afternoon after my tension w/o..
My previous/today's 7 point skin fold measurement are:

1/8/04 5/8/04 (Before Carb-load)
Suppreliac: 21mm 19mm
Thigh: 18mm 17.75mm
Abdominal: 30mm 29mm
Calf: 17mm 15mm
Chest: 18mm 17.75mm
Midaxillary: 18.5mm 17mm
Bicep: 7mm 6mm
Tricep 20.5mm 18mm
Subscapular: 21m 19mm

Weight: 151.8-152.7 lbs 147.4 lbs
Bodyfat: 19.5% 17.11%
LBM: 122.2-123.1 lbs 122.19 lbs
FM: 29.601 lbs 25.22 lbs

I lost a little muscle :( , hows my progress?? Is this expected?

I gonna refeed with: bagels, oats, maybe pasta and milk..What are other foods that are high in complex carbs with less fat..??

ps. I tried to put the data in columns but they compressed together..Sorry.hope u can still read it..

ryuage
08-05-2004, 05:40 AM
its expected that is what the anabolic rebound is for, to rebuild that lost muscle.

Augury
08-05-2004, 12:24 PM
during UD2 your weight and water retention go all over the place. The carb cycling and depletion and refeeds drag water in and out of the body along with glycogen.

Skinfold measurements can be a little shakey due to the variations in subcutaneous and muscular water levels (not that you should have any muscle in your skinfold measurements). Dont look at the small picture too much. I would be tempted to do a BF reading every two weeks on UD2 and weight yourself once a week on the morning after your refeed (pre power workout).

You may well get some muscle loss during the week but you should regain it during tension and power and refeed. Some people end up losting a lb or 2 during an 8 week cycle...some gain muscle. Thats genetics. Losing 1lb of muscle in 8 weeks is a vctory if you lose 8-10 lbs of fat along with it :)

Stick at it.

As you get your depletion workouts dialed in more accurately and speed up the rest times to exactly a min, and perhaps even superset you get this all over hot glow/sweat thing...i got shakey and dizzy but after 4 weeks or so i adapted and found them to be generally ok. really depends when you eat your 50g of carbs. Towards the end of UD2 i focused the 50g of carbs around my workout to make it more tollerable.

Augs