PDA

View Full Version : Oatmeal?

BadBoy9782
08-02-2004, 12:30 PM
I heard that oatmeal is good to have for breakfast if you wanna lose weight. I was wondering what are some of the good kinds to get in a grocery store (Shop Rite, A&P, etc.) and not a health food store? Also i heard some people like to put some protein mix into there oatmeal so i was wondering if anyone knew of any kinds that go good with 100% Whey Rich Chocolate? Thank You

geoffgarcia
08-02-2004, 12:41 PM
the oatmeal isn't going to make you lose weight, but its better than processed foods, and inexpensive, thats why people eat it.
just get whatever is cheap. Personally I use the generic old fashioned oats in the biggest cardboard container they have.

getfit
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
well if your looking to loose weight no oatmeal won't do it for you but as a healthy breakfast ya it's great personnaly i can't live without it! any kind of oatmeal you buy is good except the flavoured ones alot of sugar.So this is how i have it in the morning after workout i cup of oats,banana ,sliced apple, flaxseeds,and a little honey it's divine try it or just eat it plain ya sure you add protein to it but i never tried it with chocolate i usually stick to vanilla!

RBC13
08-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I giant cylinder of Quaker Oats is good. 5000 cal 4 Bucks I think.

meltedtime
08-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Oats are low glycemic carbs. They fill you up and burn off slower giving you energy for longer. Gives you that satiated feeling. Stay away from the prepackaged, instant oats that are loaded with sugar. Other than that, Oats are Oats.

melt

SHU327
08-15-2004, 02:08 AM
I prefer a bowl of Whole Grain Total Cereal with Nonfat/lowfat milk or scrambled eggs (3 whites, 1 yolk/4 whites, 2 yolk) in the morning.

Sometimes I have both. The eggs have great protein to start off the day and the Total Ceral has a lot of vitamins and minerals, too.

debussy
08-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I love oatmeal. I reat 1 cup of oatmeal every morning religiously. I put a 1/2 Tbsp of honey and and spalash of milk in it then pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes. ****s awesome. Don't even have to cook it.

buffzilla
08-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Its so cheap, you can get a kilo of oats in Tesco for 0.47 GBP

attica
08-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Other than that, Oats are Oats.

Really? I've read that steel cut oats are better for you than rolled oats. I've never seen any real proof of it though. I eat both, since they taste different.

<shrug> Beats me.

I'll try to dig up the post with the claim that steel rolled are nutritionally superior.

attica
08-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Here's one post that talks about the different types of oats:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showpost.php?p=750702&postcount=6

Sounds to me like it's more of a difference in taste than anything else, so I guess "Oats are oats" is true - except when talking about Instant...