PDA

View Full Version : New pix.

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 04:10 PM
My body fat dropped from 8% to 6%. How could that be? Any way here are the pix.

JTyrell710
08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
didnt you just have pics like a week ago man?

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Two week and change ago.

sublime99
08-03-2004, 07:00 PM
No noticeable difference from your last pics.

EAT :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

You could use mass, dude don't worry about getting to big it won't happen, or it won't happen overnight. If you put on about 20 lbs lean mass you would look fantastic and like you said model runway fantastic. 20 lbs spread out evenly upper and lower body you would be money.

Slim Schaedle
08-03-2004, 07:24 PM
My body fat dropped from 8% to 6%. How could that be?

you ate more?
you ate less?
you burned more calories?
you had surgery?
you tell us

kazzy
08-03-2004, 07:54 PM
You use those electronic body fat tester thingies? I heard those things depend on how hydrated you are. If you took one today and took one the day after it'd show different percentage of bf.

Bigmofo
08-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Wow, my body is almost identical to yours, however I am shorter. I thought I had 10% bf...Are you sure the 6% is right?

JTyrell710
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
dan i dont mean to be hostile but stop spending so much time posting pix and looking at yourself and spend more time eating and working out.
you, sorta like me, have somewhat of a nonexistant body and its nothing to be proud of. Its hard for people to criticize when you have no muscle on you in the first place...

if u had rock's body, i would understand posting pics more frequently (2 weeks is still too much, even for rock and ppl with good physique's) -- but you dont.

now go eat and hit the weights.

Slim Schaedle
08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
and pull up yer pants, sonny

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
dan i dont mean to be hostile but stop spending so much time posting pix and looking at yourself and spend more time eating and working out.
you, sorta like me, have somewhat of a nonexistant body and its nothing to be proud of. Its hard for people to criticize when you have no muscle on you in the first place...

if u had rock's body, i would understand posting pics more frequently (2 weeks is still too much, even for rock and ppl with good physique's) -- but you dont.

now go eat and hit the weights.
I will post whatever, whenever I want and If you don;t like It. I recommend you don't look at my pix. BTW I took a look at your pix. You have to be blind If you think your body is sorta like mine or just a little slow. Whatever the case opinion noted.

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
Wow, my body is almost identical to yours, however I am shorter. I thought I had 10% bf...Are you sure the 6% is right?

Post a pic.

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 11:19 PM
You use those electronic body fat tester thingies? I heard those things depend on how hydrated you are. If you took one today and took one the day after it'd show different percentage of bf.

2 to 3% error. So you might be right.

Danpiel
08-03-2004, 11:21 PM
No noticeable difference from your last pics.

EAT :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

You could use mass, dude don't worry about getting to big it won't happen, or it won't happen overnight. If you put on about 20 lbs lean mass you would look fantastic and like you said model runway fantastic. 20 lbs spread out evenly upper and lower body you would be money.

Lower body is a pain in the ass.

sublime99
08-04-2004, 08:22 AM
Well if you are only training upper body good luck on gaining mass, it will take you forever. Listen i agree with some of the guys here stop worrying about posting and looking at yourself and start eating and lifting. Bodybuilding is something that takes time and patience and preserverance something you seem to have none of. I am not one to get rude but when you ask for advice or what someone thinks of your body you can't help but expect to get an honest answer, and so far all these guys responding to you have given you honest contructive critisim they haven't been rude ,mean or discouraging to you, but yet you seem to be hostile to any advice that is given. If you don't want advice or critisim don't ask. IMHO you are very lean but very skinny EAT more and lift more.

JTyrell710
08-04-2004, 08:27 AM
I will post whatever, whenever I want and If you don;t like It. I recommend you don't look at my pix. BTW I took a look at your pix. You have to be blind If you think your body is sorta like mine or just a little slow. Whatever the case opinion noted.

arite, my body isnt like yours, im bigger and i have more fat on me, but if i wanted to be like you- all i'd have to do is stop eating and stop training for a while, all while taking pics every week..

DarrenEff
08-04-2004, 08:38 AM
However JTyrell looks much better =P

Danpiel
08-04-2004, 08:56 AM
arite, my body isnt like yours, im bigger and i have more fat on me, but if i wanted to be like you- all i'd have to do is stop eating and stop training for a while, all while taking pics every week..

Ha! You make life sound so easy buddy. I might not be a pro weight lifter but that is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. If you stop trainining your going to have fat hanging. Please before you talk make sure you know what your talking about.

Danpiel
08-04-2004, 08:56 AM

Opinion Noted.

Danpiel
08-04-2004, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=sublime99]Well if you are only training upper body good luck on gaining mass, it will take you forever. Listen i agree with some of the guys here stop worrying about posting and looking at yourself and start eating and lifting. Bodybuilding is something that takes time and patience and preserverance something you seem to have none of. I am not one to get rude but when you ask for advice or what someone thinks of your body you can't help but expect to get an honest answer, and so far all these guys responding to you have given you honest contructive critisim they haven't been rude ,mean or discouraging to you, but yet you seem to be hostile to any advice that is given. If you don't want advice or critisim don't ask. IMHO you are very lean but very skinny EAT more and lift more.[/QUO

I was only giving J my honest contructive critisim. I do see your point though.

edge-man
08-04-2004, 09:22 AM
I don't know how this thread got like this, there's no need to have an argument over how often people should take photos.

My opinion is this, If you want to take pictures weekly you can by all means, but this can be demoralising and reduces your enthusiasm as there may not be any difference between them. I would advise taking a set of pictures every 2-3 months, that way you can put them side by side and say "i've put quite a bit on X, but from this latest picture I could do with more work on my Y". Then you check your progress in another 2 months and do the same again, keeping a log of all the photos, and trying to duplicate the poses in each one.

Danpiel, looking lean, your delts seem to look quite a bit stronger than your chest, and in particular the upper-centre pectoral area could do with filling in. If you do not do so already, try raising your bench angle for your BB and DB presses.

Good luck and keep at it

Slim Schaedle
08-04-2004, 09:46 AM
uh oh

Danpiel
08-04-2004, 09:54 AM
I don't know how this thread got like this, there's no need to have an argument over how often people should take photos.

My opinion is this, If you want to take pictures weekly you can by all means, but this can be demoralising and reduces your enthusiasm as there may not be any difference between them. I would advise taking a set of pictures every 2-3 months, that way you can put them side by side and say "i've put quite a bit on X, but from this latest picture I could do with more work on my Y". Then you check your progress in another 2 months and do the same again, keeping a log of all the photos, and trying to duplicate the poses in each one.

Danpiel, looking lean, your delts seem to look quite a bit stronger than your chest, and in particular the upper-centre pectoral area could do with filling in. If you do not do so already, try raising your bench angle for your BB and DB presses.

Good luck and keep at it

I am glad to see normal mature people on this board. :hello:

Slim Schaedle
08-04-2004, 10:17 AM
You're judging normality and maturity by the type (positive/negative) of criticism you are receiving?

edge-man
08-04-2004, 10:32 AM
I don't particulaly think there's any point in a "my physique is better than yours" argument, but I also don't think that saying someone has a non-existent physique is the correct attitude towards people posting pictures, it is exactly the thing NONE of us here want to read when it's directed at us. It's purely your choice if you click on this thread and find that they only posted last week, click on the X in the top-right corner of your screen and leave it.

Manveet
08-04-2004, 11:01 AM
you need to eat and start lifting weights.

voodazz
08-04-2004, 11:15 AM
I'd kill for your bf% while still retaining my mass.

JTyrell710
08-04-2004, 11:45 AM
I don't particulaly think there's any point in a "my physique is better than yours" argument, but I also don't think that saying someone has a non-existent physique is the correct attitude towards people posting pictures, it is exactly the thing NONE of us here want to read when it's directed at us. It's purely your choice if you click on this thread and find that they only posted last week, click on the X in the top-right corner of your screen and leave it.

i also pointed out that mine is like that too- what i was trying to say, is that with so little body mass, it is fairly difficult for people to judge danpiel's or my weaknesses. The point i was trying to make is that he's focusing on the wrong things, and it seems as tho he is spending too much time looking for results and not enough time creating them.

JTyrell710
08-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Ha! You make life sound so easy buddy. I might not be a pro weight lifter but that is the dumbest thing anyone has ever said. If you stop trainining your going to have fat hanging. Please before you talk make sure you know what your talking about.

although incorporating cardio and fatburning exercises is a main part of routine for many people cuting, it is definatley possible to lose fat, simply with a calorie deficit.

Danpiel
08-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Hey Tyrell. Forget It. You do have a point I should post pix after a year. So the next time I will post will be April 2005. At that point I surely will see difference. Also taking pix is fun dude. Plus I never seen my body actually grow. I only started two months ago. So I am really stocked. Also the stronger you get the easier my surfing is. Just something random I wanted to write.

Oh noes!1!one
08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
OMGWTFGUYZ DONT PUT UP SO MANY PICTURES IN THE PICTURE THREAD. THE PICTURE THREAD ISNT FOR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

I'd kill for your bf% while still retaining my mass.
I seconed this.

XfRuStErAtEdDX
08-18-2004, 08:18 AM
I think that he has a good physique, he has some natural traps it looks like. But they are right, you should move up to a higher weight, than cut again. You seem like you have a natural ability to be cut-ripped even when bulking. Keep that up, and when you get to 200-210, you will be looking sharp as hell, and you will look so cut, you'd make people bleed, lol.

Gizotch
08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Also the stronger you get the easier my surfing is.

you surf in new york ? ... i tried hitting the east coast once , waves are so much smaller there than they are in cali . youd think that would make for a huge difference between coast surfers but ive seen some guys from the east pull off some amazing ariels . what size board do you ride ?

strength isnt everything , although you do see alot of bigger pros like kelly slater and andy irons , you cant forget the smaller guys like jeremy flores .

from one rider to another , peace man .

Danpiel
08-18-2004, 04:26 PM
you surf in new york ? ... i tried hitting the east coast once , waves are so much smaller there than they are in cali . youd think that would make for a huge difference between coast surfers but ive seen some guys from the east pull off some amazing ariels . what size board do you ride ?

strength isnt everything , although you do see alot of bigger pros like kelly slater and andy irons , you cant forget the smaller guys like jeremy flores .

from one rider to another , peace man .

East coast is cool sometimes and some surfers are really good. I ride a 6'10 shorty. Yeah dude thanks for the shout out and have a good surf session on your next day out.

Peace.

Xaust
08-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Heh, by what I see I say Danpiel is doing better then JTyreal, maybe hes just jealous of your low bf % :P

Danpiel
08-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Heh, by what I see I say Danpiel is doing better then JTyreal, maybe hes just jealous of your low bf % :P

Yeah he should take up on his own advise and hit the cardio hard and stop eating all that fat food.

JTyrell710
08-18-2004, 11:44 PM
or maybe he should bulk,- eating enough to gain muscle at a decent pace as opposed to eating so little that he would invaribly fail because of lack of results

Danpiel
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
or maybe he should bulk,- eating enough to gain muscle at a decent pace as opposed to eating so little that he would invaribly fail because of lack of results

Keep eating than.

Xaust
08-19-2004, 10:43 PM
I have to take Danipel Side on this one.

Danpiel
08-19-2004, 10:45 PM
I have to take Danipel Side on this one.

Thanks dude.

Danpiel
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
More like 170lb of fatty.

Xaust
08-19-2004, 10:47 PM

Owned. Rofl.

Danpiel
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
Owned. Rofl.

:alcoholic: I need a drink.

JTyrell710
08-19-2004, 11:07 PM
yea i was really owned, im like what 10-12%bf right now? not to mention probably twice as much muscle and strong as you are??

Danpiel
08-19-2004, 11:31 PM
yea i was really owned, im like what 10-12%bf right now? not to mention probably twice as much muscle and strong as you are??

Keyword here is probably. :bash:

JTyrell710
08-19-2004, 11:59 PM
..yea?

GrumpyTX
08-20-2004, 07:57 AM
You have a swimmers physique (thin, lanky, with broad shoulders). You need to eat and lift if you want to get bigger but that is just my opinion.

VasDeferens
08-20-2004, 09:35 AM

I am sure Danpiel gets more girls.

GrumpyTX
08-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I am sure Danpiel gets more girls.

Are you sure its more girls? He is posting on a board that is 99% males and he cant even pull up his pants before snapping a photo to post here. :D

J/K

galileo
08-20-2004, 09:45 AM

Going to have to disagree with you there.

Based on your pictures you are not 10%. You need to focus on yourself and not worry so much about other people and what they're accomplishing.

JTyrell710
08-20-2004, 10:05 AM
first of all, I've gotten leaner since my pictures i can see my obliques now, you may have a point on the second sentance but i was just trying to help him understand that if you spend as much time looking at yourself and taking pictures as he does, it might be a bit hard to gain muscle..
then he called me fatty or something
then something about girls came up, and seeing as how im 15, im sure he does. i still get girls, but ya i prolly dnt get laid as much as someone older than i.
but i digress
go ahead dan, have fun an good luck

galileo
08-20-2004, 10:23 AM
... but i was just trying to help him understand that if you spend as much time looking at yourself and taking pictures as he does, it might be a bit hard to gain muscle.

See, this is where your logic faulters; he is concerned with his appearance, so he tracks his progress and takes many pictures. That can most certainly equal success and should have no negative effects on one's progress. The only thing that detracts him from gaining muscle would be a lack of calories, perhaps a lack of knowledge on what he must heat, and based on the context of this thread some lower body training.

BigNic
08-20-2004, 10:29 AM
ya jtyrell, you really should worry more about yourself then this other kid. Altho i do agree with you, im not crazy about the real skinny look, i should know. lol

And to the dude whos thread this is, just keep hitting the weights and eating, id say you have a decent base.

GrumpyTX
08-20-2004, 10:38 AM
The only thing that could suffer from taking so many pics is his mental image and enthusiasm to continue.

If he starts to see that he is not making great changes due to short period of time, then he could become depressed and begin not to care or begin to think that what he is doing is not working. Many people fall into this category. They look at themselves so much that once they start to not notice changes, they become depressed that what was working is no longer working. Those who are dedicated find ways to overcome either through diet or by changing their routine. Those that are not willing to sacrafice the time to change end up thinking that nothing is going to work and they end up giving up.

As long as he continues to be motivated by the pictures or the replies, then I see nothing wrong with his posting as many pics as he wants (pulling up the pants some would be alright with me). Everyone on this board is concerned with what they look like. I guarantee that at least 95% will flex or look at some body part everytime they pass a mirror. Only difference is he is posting pics for advice instead of looking in the mirror and critiquing (sp?) himself.

Hell, both of you look better than 99% of the people I see everyday and should be proud of that. JT should be very proud to be so motivated at 15 years old.

Now quit the bitching, eat more, lift, grow some thicker skin, and admit that I will always look better than the both of you. ;)

GrumpyTX
08-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Hmm, okay, maybe bigger should have been used instead of better. LOL Cause I sure aint a pretty boy.

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Hmm, okay, maybe bigger should have been used instead of better. LOL Cause I sure aint a pretty boy.

:fart: Nice posts dude.

Xaust
08-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Lol!

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Just couldn't hold out.

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 04:34 PM
See, this is where your logic faulters; he is concerned with his appearance, so he tracks his progress and takes many pictures. That can most certainly equal success and should have no negative effects on one's progress. The only thing that detracts him from gaining muscle would be a lack of calories, perhaps a lack of knowledge on what he must heat, and based on the context of this thread some lower body training.

I am now totally focusing on legs. doing legs at least three times a week.

rafe
08-20-2004, 07:46 PM
LOL, sorry, but this thread had me laughing.

Anyways, Danpiel you're pretty lean with decent shoulders and abs, and the long lanky frame helps. I have a similar frame as yours (not as ripped though) but I think I'm a little shorter, and since I've started working out to get bigger (jeez 4 months now), I've seen results in muscle and strength gain without gaining too much fat...so far. What's your goal, to get big, or even more ripped?

Keep it up dude!

Canadian Crippler
08-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Rofl, e-warriors.

JTyrell, Xaust, and Danpiel: You all need a big dose of STFU AND LIFT.

JTyrell: Eh, I don't see much "e-fault" here by you, haha.

Xaust: Lol.

Danpiel: You're asking to be banned for calling people "fat" because they bulk. This is wannabeBIG forums. Hence the word BIG. This means that the hundreds of active members, and dozens of regulars all one day hope to be (or already are) what you consider "fat". Coming here and calling the bulkers fat is like visiting the KKK forums and saying you like 50 cent and tupac.

BigNic
08-20-2004, 09:14 PM
lol good analogy. Yo danpiel, those new pics llook like you could be one of those abercrombie models.

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 09:53 PM
Rofl, e-warriors.

JTyrell, Xaust, and Danpiel: You all need a big dose of STFU AND LIFT.

JTyrell: Eh, I don't see much "e-fault" here by you, haha.

Xaust: Lol.

Danpiel: You're asking to be banned for calling people "fat" because they bulk. This is wannabeBIG forums. Hence the word BIG. This means that the hundreds of active members, and dozens of regulars all one day hope to be (or already are) what you consider "fat". Coming here and calling the bulkers fat is like visiting the KKK forums and saying you like 50 cent and tupac.

Who said I called him fat?

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=BigNic]lol good analogy. Yo danpiel, those new pics llook like you could be one of those abercrombie models.[/QUOT

Thanks dude.

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 09:56 PM
LOL, sorry, but this thread had me laughing.

Anyways, Danpiel you're pretty lean with decent shoulders and abs, and the long lanky frame helps. I have a similar frame as yours (not as ripped though) but I think I'm a little shorter, and since I've started working out to get bigger (jeez 4 months now), I've seen results in muscle and strength gain without gaining too much fat...so far. What's your goal, to get big, or even more ripped?

Keep it up dude!

My main goal is to be very ripped and a little bigger than what I am now. I am 6'1 how tall are you rafe?

Canadian Crippler
08-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Who said I called him fat?You did, har har!

Yeah he should take up on his own advise and hit the cardio hard and stop eating all that fat food.

Danpiel
08-20-2004, 10:40 PM
You did, har har!

Not me dude.

Canadian Crippler
08-21-2004, 12:19 AM
So did I pull those quotes out of my ass? Ofcourse not, you called him fat, twice, deliberately.

sublime99
08-21-2004, 08:54 AM
IMHO I just think this guy is stuck on himself and wants to look in the mirror or at himself like 100 times a day. :rolleyes:

rafe
08-21-2004, 09:07 AM
My main goal is to be very ripped and a little bigger than what I am now. I am 6'1 how tall are you rafe?
5'10. Like you I have a lean lanky build, mostly thanks to years of competitive swimming (a swimmer with a "swimmers" build), so I have decent cuts, just not much mass, but that is being corrected, slowly but surely.

Danpiel
08-21-2004, 10:37 AM
IMHO I just think this guy is stuck on himself and wants to look in the mirror or at himself like 100 times a day. :rolleyes:

:read:

Danpiel
08-21-2004, 10:38 AM
5'10. Like you I have a lean lanky build, mostly thanks to years of competitive swimming (a swimmer with a "swimmers" build), so I have decent cuts, just not much mass, but that is being corrected, slowly but surely.

Keep at it.

Later.

Xaust
08-21-2004, 03:45 PM
AlTERShock: You need a big dose of STFU. Period.

You E-Adderontoargumentist. Your just adding more, so stfu kid. :D

BCC
08-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Wow, things are looking like I stumbled into bodybuilding dot com.

Just about everyone needs a big dose of STFU in here.

Everyone has their individual goals, danpiel wants to remain lean and add a little size. No need to hassle the guy for it. All the attacks need to end. Give him a little advice, and keep all the negative comments (unless constructive) to yourselves.

Canadian Crippler
08-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah man.

Dan, you're looking pretty lean. But if you are looking for even a little more mass as you said, I would suggest countering that drop in BF%.

BigNic
08-21-2004, 04:19 PM
i agree with chase, it did remind me of all the flaming and bitching and moaning in bb.com

tony touch
08-30-2004, 11:47 PM
i too have stumbled into this thread and it was good for one thing-laughing my ass off. This thread seems to be a bunch of kids bickering over some kid postin pics. hilarious. everybody needs to shut the **** because this thread blows. nothing useful came out of this, nothing.

doctorcod
08-31-2004, 12:56 PM
i too have stumbled into this thread and it was good for one thing-laughing my ass off. This thread seems to be a bunch of kids bickering over some kid postin pics. hilarious. everybody needs to shut the **** because this thread blows. nothing useful came out of this, nothing.

precisely, i was baffled by the unprofessionalism in this thread. i love this forum because of the advice that can be had here without flames and other such BS. while im not going to be self-righteous and point fingers, i am disgusted by this thread.

Canadian Crippler
08-31-2004, 03:47 PM
i too have stumbled into this thread and it was good for one thing-laughing my ass off. This thread seems to be a bunch of kids bickering over some kid postin pics. hilarious. everybody needs to shut the **** because this thread blows. nothing useful came out of this, nothing.Than why bump it up? The last post before you was from over 10 days ago.

tony touch
08-31-2004, 06:36 PM
altershock-didnt realize it was an old thread...my fault bro, didnt mean to bump it..lol