PDA

View Full Version : Posing video, am I ready to do a contest?

Buffster
08-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Not that I'm gonna do it yet, but I was wondering, would there be something left of me on stage? I'm 18 years old, training for 15 months and 1.86m.

Please give me some advice too :)

UPPER BODY:
http://members.chello.nl/jvanhoof/dbb/MOV00957.MPG

LOWER BODY:
http://members.chello.nl/jvanhoof/dbb/MOV00959.MPG

greetz,
Ron

sublime99
08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
I couldn't get the lower body to work, but anyway you have a good physique and you have some mass on you. Poses could use a little work and you could also bulk about another 15 lbs and then cut. Overall bulk work on poses and then cut, you will look fantastic.

Slim Schaedle
08-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Need lower bodyfat

Stephen Riddington
08-03-2004, 11:04 PM
:withstupi

Gotta cut more... alot more...

Buffster
08-04-2004, 04:24 AM
The LOWER BODY video should work now... I gave the wrong link :angel:

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it :) I know I would have to cut down quite a bit to do a contest, but what I meant was if I do have the mass to do a junior competition.

greetz,
Ron

Slim Schaedle
08-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Can't see calves

Buffster
08-04-2004, 10:22 AM
My calf's aren't too big yet, haven't got a pic/video of it...

Still wondering... would there be anything left of me if I'd prepare for a contest now?

greetz,
Ron

zen
08-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Not that I'm gonna do it yet, but I was wondering, would there be something left of me on stage? I'm 18 years old, training for 15 months and 1.86m.

Please give me some advice too :)

UPPER BODY:
http://members.chello.nl/jvanhoof/dbb/MOV00957.MPG

LOWER BODY:
http://members.chello.nl/jvanhoof/dbb/MOV00959.MPG

greetz,
Ron

I don't like the way you do the bouncing effect with your arms (you did it both front and back).
In my opinion, the movement needs to be fluid, but when you get to the position of the pose, you need to hold it.

geoffgarcia
08-04-2004, 11:48 AM
what I meant was if I do have the mass to do a junior competitionI dont compete but I'd assume that you should just cut down and fit into whatever the group is you qualify for.

if you cut down to 4% bf at 170lbs you should look really similar to another guy next to you at 4%bf 170 lbs...
and if you gain mass, then you'd be say, 4% at 185 lbs which is probably a different group anyway, so dont worry about it so much.

Buffster
08-05-2004, 03:54 AM
I don't like the way you do the bouncing effect with your arms (you did it both front and back).
In my opinion, the movement needs to be fluid, but when you get to the position of the pose, you need to hold it.
I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Buffster
08-05-2004, 03:55 AM
I dont compete but I'd assume that you should just cut down and fit into whatever the group is you qualify for.

if you cut down to 4% bf at 170lbs you should look really similar to another guy next to you at 4%bf 170 lbs...
and if you gain mass, then you'd be say, 4% at 185 lbs which is probably a different group anyway, so dont worry about it so much.
I already know what competition I'm gonna do and I will do it in 2006, so I still have a lot of time to prepare myself. I'm going to bring up my chest/hams/calves/triceps and by then I should be ready

thanks for the comments y'all!

greetz,
Ron

Shankerr
08-10-2004, 12:10 PM
hey man

You need to do some serious work on the hamstrings, chest, triceps and traps. You're getting there though!

S

Beast
08-10-2004, 02:30 PM
I think you have your posing down pretty well. A little too bouncy, maybe.

You move your shoulders too far forward on the back lat pose. If you watch your video, there's a point where your back looks wider, but you pass it.

You need to work on your chest. Your traps and arms are way beyond the chest. Same thing goes for your legs. Start squatting till you puke. :)

Leaning up and getting a tan will help a lot, too. Good luck.

Silverback
08-10-2004, 04:48 PM
I think you have your posing down pretty well. A little too bouncy, maybe.

You move your shoulders too far forward on the back lat pose. If you watch your video, there's a point where your back looks wider, but you pass it.

You need to work on your chest. Your traps and arms are way beyond the chest. Same thing goes for your legs. Start squatting till you puke. :)

Leaning up and getting a tan will help a lot, too. Good luck.

:withstupi

Before you start thinking about competing i'd be thinking about, mass, food and heavy weights. Im not knocking you for having goals, because that is a good thing. But when the word competing is thrown around, definition becomes an issue and what was a quest for size. Instead becomes trying to do 2 things at once (Gaining/cutting) which will leave you more than likely unhappy nor competing.

My suggestion is to concentrate on adding as much size as possible over the next few years, then worry about competing/other minor details when you have that foundation.

Good luck

B-R

yghetr
08-10-2004, 09:33 PM
i don't think you're ready, personally and with the ft dbl bi and the rear db bi...don't bounce your arms so much throw your hands to the sky bring 'em down and then even **** out and flare them lats...wish i could show you...lol...also pay attention to what everyone else has posted and you'll be great