PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with diet and what to eat

viperc8
08-03-2004, 10:54 PM
I had to stop lifting for about 2 months and lost alot of my muscle mass and i also got a little bit excess fat around my stomach area. I used to eat alot of carbs and alot of protein to keep bulking up . Now after not lifting for 2 months for personal reasons i want to get back into it again and i wasnt sure if i should keep eating alot of carbs and alot of protein because i might have some excess fat already on my body. Would it be a better idea to just go high protein and low carb for now??? thank you very much

viperc8
08-05-2004, 10:04 PM
anyone here to help me out????

archanix
08-07-2004, 03:26 PM
just make sure your carbs are low gi.. sweet potoatoes, yams, brown rice.. keep the protein high. eating good carb sources isn't going to hold onto your excess fat. as long as you are lifting and gaining muscle, your metabolism will raise and your excess should disappear eventually.

Vido
08-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Your protein should be fairly high, no matter what you're doing. You should also make sure you have adequate EFA's. The aforementioned goes for bulking or cutting, it doesn't matter. What it comes down to though is total calories. You can't be bulking (be in an excess of calories) and just assume that because you're now active that your fat is going to melt away. If you have fat on your body that you don't want you have to be in a caloric deficit to get rid of it.