PDA

View Full Version : food suggestions

Bboy486
08-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I have a little problem.

I work 8 - 5 and after lunch I do not get a chance to eat until I get home around 5:30.

Needless to say, at around 3 - 3:30ish I get really tired, and unproductive.

I need some idea's of food or meals i could bring with me daily, that is inexpensive and easy to take on the go.

a few things to note.

1. I cannot keep things in my desk, mice have already gotten to any and all food I have brought.

2. I usually have eggs for breakfast around 7:30ish, and oatmeal that I bring from home at work around 10:30, and lunch at 12:30.
so i am looking to find something to fill in before my 5:30 dinner and lunch, around 3:30ish.

3. It have to be something that will tie me over for a few hours and give me an energy spike, so i can continue to produce quality work, and does not dismotivate me to go to the gym.

4. thats about it. Ther eis no fridge at work, so anything needed to be kept cold prob will not work.

Thanks everyone.

geoffgarcia
08-04-2004, 02:13 PM
what about a shaker cup + protein powder + few tbsps of fat...
just add water...
u can bring it with you to work every day, or store the protein and cup at work like I do.

Bboy486
08-05-2004, 07:09 AM
I would however I take my first shake post workout and then my second right before bed.

Besides I really rather have real food, cuz I am actually hungry, im not just looking for extra supplementation.

BulkMeUp
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
U could take a cup of oats+protein powder (depending on ur protein count). Just add hot water... let it stand for a few mins.. add some cold water to bring down the temp.. and chow down.. (this is my meal#3)

Personally.. if i worked in a place where mice were waltzing around my feet, i would rethink my employment there in a hurry!

Bboy486
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
I already take Oats for my breakfast.

On th esubject of the mice, i am a contract employee at an engineering building, that is part of an industrial park. If you have even seen such a place, that is where all the welding and soldering and all that stuff get put together, so you can drive around in your car, and drive over bridges without being killed lol.

but anyway, still need a good idea.

BulkMeUp
08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I already take Oats for my breakfast.
I do the same as mentioned above for bfst as well. Only diff is instead of water, i add milk. So yes, i have 2 meals a day which are very similar... no havent gotten tired of it yet... and yes it helps to keep a steady calorie count. ;)
But if u r on the move as u explained, then getting a cup of hot water might be a challenge.. maybe u could try it with normal/cold water and let us know what thats like. :evillaugh