PDA

View Full Version : ice cream

PiKappaWRX
08-05-2004, 05:53 PM
i have a real problem with icre cream craving late at night. i wont really go for all foods, like chips and all that crap, but ice cream is definately my weakness (especially when i drink). so i started buying this safeway select ice cream that is fat free w/ no sugar added. so it's only like 4g of sugar per serving. like 22 carbs and no fat, and a few grams of protein. i looked at the ingredients and its basically skim milk with some artificial sweeteners (aspertame, etc.) u guys think there's a problem with eating a couple of scoops once every few days? i kno it's better than eating normal ice cream, but if i gotta go for something sweet is there anything better than this stuff?

ryuage
08-05-2004, 06:00 PM
seems fine, just watch out for all those sugar alchols they'll run right through you!

Spartacus
08-05-2004, 08:11 PM
if its just skim milk thats hardly a food bodybuilders shy away from. lol.

Genacide
08-05-2004, 08:11 PM
As a "supplement" to Ice cream I sometimes go for Raspberry Sherbert. Taste Great.

You can get in most food stores or even make your own...
http://soyfoods.com/recipes/RaspberrySherbert.html

Behemoth
08-07-2004, 01:01 PM
It's trash. As far as calories and macro-nutrients go it's better for you. But look a the ingredients, I bet you can't pronounce half of them -- it's trash.

getfit
08-07-2004, 03:18 PM
i know where your coming from i have a weakness for ice cream but try to stay away or i'll be in Dairy Queens everyday so i buy toffutti soya based like ice cream but better for ya!

Vido
08-07-2004, 03:44 PM
A couple of scoops once every few days? Jesus man, if that's your only problem then your diet is just fine.

Xaust
08-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Heh, its okay, everyone need a cheat day once in a whiel

Focused
08-07-2004, 08:33 PM
ice cream is my kryptonite..i can never resist it no matter how hard i try. i could eat ice cream for every meal for the rest of my life and be happy

PiKappaWRX
08-07-2004, 10:15 PM
thanks for the replies guys. yea i just stock my freezer with that stuff so i don't go snack on other stuff that's bad for me. i don't buy other things like chips and all that crap i just have a bowl (2-3 scoops) of that ice cream every few days, other than that i'm right on my diet, aside from alcohol sometimes, that is.

Canadian Crippler
08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
I eat Icecream alot... right now everday almost because I have alot. However in lets say 1 week I wont have any, and probably wont buy for another month or two.

If your not like me (15, so I can eat whatever I want :P) then I would suggest sherbets. That donan(sp?) yogurt is alos pretty good ****. Try making a smoothie with yogurt and a few fruits.