PDA

View Full Version : Jocelin's Journal

m!ssundaztood
08-05-2004, 07:15 PM
This seems a bit vain. I want to get back my six-pack and get rid of my pouch. I have been thinking about getting my navel pierced. Don't think the piercing and the pouch would look great together.

I have never counted calories, fortunately. I'm 5'7 and 119 lbs. About 5 months ago, Papa Johns came to my neighborhood. I do love the Works pizzas. And my summer job hasn't helped, I'm a teacher's asst. I eat the food that the kids don't eat and my own. I don't know why it's going to my stomach oppose to other areas???

Enough of sitting on my pity pot.

This is the workout schedule that I planned out for myself (I welcome comments):

I already walk one mile a day. It's a 1/2 a mile to and from work.

Workout the upper body on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Workout the lower body on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I don't mind doing some cardio every day. But I think on any 3 days would be ok. I was thinking of working out my abs on a 3 day schedule too.

Sorry, the weekend is such a fun time that I don't want to start then. Also, I have to start thinking about what I'm eating rather than just eating it.

Focused70
08-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Welcome to journal land.

have some :spam: :) and good luck with it!

Stash

dissipate
08-06-2004, 07:54 AM
:hello: good luck!! :spam:

BigNic
08-06-2004, 08:03 AM
i have my navel pierced also. Im assuming that your a girl tho, right?

m!ssundaztood
08-06-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanx. I would love to have the spam but my cat ate it.

Jos

Alex.V
08-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Probably the best thing to do is write down your upper/lower body plans (when you do 'em, if you don't feel like it now) so that people can help critique the specifics. A little harder cardio might not hurt... you had a six pack before, what'd you do for it then?

Don't let cats eat spam. Their breath is bad enough as it is.

;)

m!ssundaztood
08-06-2004, 07:36 PM
To answer your question, as how I did the six pack before: When I started high school, I had a bunch of PE credit requirements. I did 2 years of weight training. My classes met 4x a week for 40 minutes. Also, I had joined a boxing gym near where I live; so, on the Saturdays I was there. Unfortunately, in my junior year, my guidance counselor suggested that I take other PE classes like nutrition, aerobics (I hated those classes--it was the instructor), first aid, bowling and so on. Also, in my junior year, I started interning afterschool working with children. This cut into my free time, and I stopped going to the boxing gym. So now, I am learning that I am not good at creating my own exercise program. Yes, I have some of the basics down. But it is so much easier when someone else has done all the planning. Nevertheless, I have rejoined the boxing gym. This will take care of the cardio. As I have the silly regents to get through when school starts, I'm quite sure that I will make time to go there to work off some of the frustration. As far as my other workout schedule, I'm almost finish with it a plan of action. I will be able to post it in the next day or two.

Sorry to go, I tend to over explain. It comes from dealing with impatient 4 and 5 year olds.

Btw, my cat needs to workout more than I. He's so fat.

Shane
08-06-2004, 09:27 PM
:spam: Welcome to journal land. Chops and Stacey will be happy to see another girl here. Good luck with your six pack. :strong:

m!ssundaztood
08-07-2004, 07:16 AM
This is my workout plan:

Mondays & Wednesdays: Upper body
Pushups--10 reps--1 set
Shoulder Press--10 reps--2 sets--5 lbs dbs
Biceps Curl--10 reps--2 sets--5 lbs dbs
Tricep Kickback--10 reps--2 sets--5 lbs
Reverse Crunches--10 reps--2 sets
Side Leg Raises--10 reps--2 sets
Sidebends--10 reps--2 sets--5 lbs dbs
Toe Touches--10 reps--2 sets

Tuesdays and Thursdays: Lower body

Leg Curls--10 reps--2 sets--5 lbs dbs
Bent kick crosses--10 reps--2 sets
Kneeling leg curls--10 reps--2 set
Kneeling side leg raises--10 reps--2 sets--3 lbs ankle
Squats--10 reps--1 set
Step lunges--10 reps-1 set

Cardio--4x

Jumping Rope--15-30 mins
Step Aerobics--15-30 mins
Boxing--30 mins

Didn't think that I needed to mention stretching--it's automatic

Please, feel free to critique. Thanx

iLUDEd
08-07-2004, 08:41 AM
good luck buddy!

chops
08-07-2004, 09:51 AM
:spam: Welcome to journal land. Chops and Stacey will be happy to see another girl here. Good luck with your six pack. :strong:
welcome! :clap:

regarding the workout, do u plan to work back, chest, calves? how do u do leg curls w/ dumbells?

papa johns mmm

ryuage
08-07-2004, 09:52 AM
as in the new members forum another welcome, hope to follow your journal as you reach your goals ! good luck,

m!ssundaztood
08-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanx, Chops. I had not thought about the chest nor the calves. As far as the back, yes, I have. I have to change around some the upper body workout because it may be too much to do in one day. On working out the calves, I'm inclined because I find the lower body workout to be on the lite side. The leg curls, I do on a bench with a db.

m!ssundaztood
08-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Today, I got more accomplished than I thought I would. I rejoined the boxing gym. It was silly of me thinking that I could just go an do that. I went as soon as it opens so nobody was there working out. As this morning was so cloudy and gray, I decided that I would stay and do some cardio. Did about 30 mins jumping rope. I had forgotten how much fun jumping rope and jump jacks can be. It definitely lifted my spirits. I was inspired to start on the bag, but I didn't bring my wraps.

Got home, ate, and learned that my hangout buddies either didn't want to or had to work. So, I decided to work out the upper body.

Rotation Press
French Press
DB Upright extension
Cross Curl
Hammer Curl

Toe touches
Side bend w/weights
Bridge stepping
Knee bent crunches

10 reps, 2 sets

Forgot the lower abs, oh well.

Thinking about rewarding myself with Dunkin Donuts and Papa Johns--only half joking.

Shane
08-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Cool, another boxer. :thumbup:

Why do you do squats and lunges last when you work legs?

m!ssundaztood
08-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Cool, another boxer. :thumbup:

Why do you do squats and lunges last when you work legs?

Quick answer: no particular reason. The order is kinda random when it comes to the lower body work because I don't like working out the lower body. I know, bad, bad, bad me. ;)

Please, I welcome your suggestions.

Thanx, Jos

Shane
08-07-2004, 06:53 PM
With the occasional exception, I think you should do the compound movements first. So squats and lunges should usually come before isolation exercises like leg curls.

Why don't you like working out the lower body? Every girl needs a nice butt. Though for some reason I get the feeling you are Latin or African American so you may not need the help that some of white and Asian girls do. *Dunks from the white girls throwing rocks and Asian girls throwing ninja stars*

SW
08-07-2004, 07:28 PM
If you want to work the chest and calves, try db press and standing calf raises, both work really well.

m!ssundaztood
08-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Shane,

Thanx for the info, and for a good laugh. I will follow that order.

I walk a great deal. I take the stairs whenever possible. So, I think working out the lower body is unnecessary. Of course, I'm alone in this theory :bang:

And yes, I am both.

m!ssundaztood
08-08-2004, 08:07 AM
This morning the dreaded lower body workout -

Cardio: Jump rope: 15 mins, Jumping Jacks: 15 mins

Stepup lunges
Squats
Kneeling leg curls
Side lying leg lifts
Plevic lifts
Single leg Pelvic lifts
Calf raises using step
[10 reps, 2 sets]

Shane
08-08-2004, 01:28 PM
That a girl. :thumbup:

m!ssundaztood
08-09-2004, 03:11 PM
A brownie for me: I did my upper body workout before going to work!

Cardio: Jumping Rope 15 mins

Lateral raises
DB shouler press
Chest press
Rotation press
DB Upright Extension
Tricep Kickbac
Seated DB Curl
Hammer
Hip raises
Knee raises
Side Bends w/weights
Bridge stepping
Knee Bent Crunches
Knee Up Crunches
[10 reps, 2 sets]

I'm focusing on doing the lower body before work because I got a bug. It hasn't knocked me down yet, but it may. As I'm following the adage of feeding the cold, I need to do more cardio, but fear I won't have enough energy for anything else.

m!ssundaztood
08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
As I did not feel as draggy as I thought I would, I headed off to the gym. I did a much better cardio: 30 mins on the rope. Didn't want to mess with the bag. I was talking with one of my buddies. He said that my program is lite. He said that I should increase the reps to 20 and the weight to 10, maybe even 20. I didn't agree with that, as it has been a year or more since I have actually worked out. I understood his point about the memory of muscle. I just think that starting low and building from there is best. At least, I didn't start off 3 lbs, lol.

I told him that I do plan to increase the reps to 15 and weight to 10 by the third week. Once school starts, I can hit the weight room and go back to the machines.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanx

Shane
08-09-2004, 06:54 PM
If you so much as pick up those little pink dumbbells you and I are going to spar a few rounds in the ring. :p

I pretty much agree with your friend. Regardless of your fitness level, the weight you lift should be difficult for the # of repetitions you are doing. If you want to start light then I'd pick a weight I could do 20 times and do a few sets of 15. But I don't feel even that's necessary because starting at such high reps is plenty light when getting back into it. Tudor Bompa (an expert on lifting) recommends beginners start with what they call an anatomical adaptation phase for a few weeks (and come back to it for a few weeks a year or so). For that phase they start at 15 reps with 45% of 1RM for 2-3 sets per exercise. I've done it and even that is light. But you are going lighter. Which means you should go heavier, IMO.

m!ssundaztood
08-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanx, Shane. Just want to make sure I got what you said: So, i should increase the weight, say, bump it to 10 and increase the reps to 15 - 20? (No, I don't got no pink or aqua dbs, nor those cutesy shoes and outfits, lol).

Speaking of silly things, I went with a friend to Curves. She thought it would be nice for us to workout together in a nice pretty place, rather than the sweaty boxing gym. Anyway, the first thing they do check your weight and height. They just looked at me like I was crazy. Like, you need to workout for what? I don't know, maybe I'm bored, lol. They are not cheap: $75 a week (intro rate)

I've done Bally's. I don't know about other ones, but the one I went to was a glorified pickup gym. Hell, at their prices, a bar would be cheaper.

Can't wait until school starts, I can use the machines in the weight room for free.

m!ssundaztood
08-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Really proud of myself for getting things done before work. I pray I can continue this once school starts.

Cardio- 15 mins doing the jacks

Stepup lunges
Squats
Bent kick crosses
Flat DB leg curls
Lying Adductions
Lying inside raises
Kneeling side leg raises
Standing Abductions
Calf raises
2x10

Tomorrow just cardio.

TheGimp
08-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Quite a lot of volume there :p

Shane
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
I think you should pick a rep for your goal. For right now start with 15 reps, use a weight you can get maybe 14 reps with on the first set. Use that weight until you can get 15 reps in good form. When you can get 15 reps then go up to the next weight. Cuz if you have the ability to choose to go up in weight and you already know you can 20 or more reps then I think the weight is too light to get much out of it.

m!ssundaztood
08-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Shane,

First, thanx. Second, would it be all right to set different goal reps for different exercises? Jeez, that was as clear as mud. I have difficulty with the lunges. It takes sheer will to get through them, and the transition is not as fluid as with the rest.

Jos

ryuage
08-10-2004, 03:33 PM
lookin good, dont slack off once school starts!

m!ssundaztood
08-13-2004, 07:27 AM
Ryuage, thanx for the support.

m!ssundaztood
08-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Really hate that I have gotten behind in this. Well, nothing to do but move on.

Wednesday: just cardio: jump rope: 30 mins.
rollering skating should count for something: 1 hour

Thursday: Hooked up with one my no-bs buddies to work out the kinks in my workout plan. I've been losing motivation quickly (yes, so quickly!!). Most tell me the paunch is no big deal. Started thinking I was making a mountain out of a mole hill. Anyway, the sick got me back on track.

Upright rows
Shoulders Flyes
Pullovers
Incline Flyes
Chest press
One Arm Row
DB Upright Extension
French Press
Cross & Hammer Curls
Wrist Curls

Reverse Crunches
Hip Raises
Bridge Stepping
Side Bends w/weights
Knee Bent Crunches
Toe Touches

[15 x 2]

[B]Cardio: jumping jacks: 15 mins, jumping rope: 15 mins
Heavy bag: 30 mins

His point: I don't push myself that hard. My inclination is to be lazy. I don't have push as hard as he does, just gotta stop taking the easy way. Point taken.

m!ssundaztood
08-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Cardio: Step aerobics - 30 mins

Steup lunges
Squats
Kneeling leg curls
Bent Kick crosses
Lying adductions
Lying inside raises
Standing abductions
[15x2]
Side lying leg lifts: 15x1, 10x1
Calf raises - 15x2

Gotta find my ankle weights

ryuage
08-13-2004, 09:40 AM
everything looking great miss, step aerobics is pretty fun and adds variety to cardio.

m!ssundaztood
08-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Saw my doc yesterday for an annual. Told him about about my paunch, which he laughed about. He didn't see why I was concerned, mountains out of mole hills. He said it was hormones. He said he is going to change the Pill that I'm taking to a lower dose one. That should get rid of the paunch. As I have to wait until I finish this pack, he recommended some herbal teas. The rest of my phyiscal was boring: I'm too healthy, lol. He said that continuing with the strength training wouldn't hurt, as I have lost some definition. Blah, blah, blah. No new news there. Although insurance covers most of his fee (and all of it if I have an illness or injury), he is expensive. As there's nothing wrong with me, he tends to go on about nothing to squander time ;)

As work it over, I have been hanging out too much, not getting much sleep. I'm pleased that I have been disciplined enough to do my workouts. However, I have began skipping meals, going back to eat like crazy late at night. I'm not worried about weigh. It's just that I end up being most cranky from hunger. Today was much better because I slept late, did my workout and ate. I just have to make sure that I eat before the evil one comes out.

Enough of my rambling.

Shouler Press 15/10
Chest 15x2
One are OH cross lateral Raises 12x1
Upright Rows 15x2
DB Upright Extension 15x1
French Press 15x1
Pullovers Cross Curls
Hammer Curls
Wrist Curls
Reverse Crunches
Hip Raises
Side Bends w/weights
Bridgestepping
Toe Touches
Legs Straight Up crunches
15x2

Have noticed that my triceps and shoulders need the most work.

m!ssundaztood
08-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Yesterday, I forgot the cardio: step aerobics, 30 mins.

Cardio: Jumping Rope: 20 mins

Lunges
Squats Bent Kick Crosses
Pelvic lifts
Lying Adductions
Lying Inside Raises
Seated Leg Raises
Lying Leg Raises
Side Lying leg lifts
Standing abductions
Calf Raises
15x2

m!ssundaztood
08-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Starting tomorrow, I'm changing my workout.

Upper Body
DB Shoulder Press
One Arm Row
Pullovers
Chest Press
DB Upright Extension
French Press
10 reps, increase wieght for the last 5 reps

Cross Curl
Hammer Curl
Wrist Curl
15x2, no change in weight

no changes in the ab work

Lower Body
Lunges
Squats
Bent Kick Crosses
Seated Leg raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Lifts
Calf Raises
15x3

Cardio, as always, depends on my mood. Variety is the most important thing. I'm going to try out a friend's treadmill. Don't know if belly dancing fits, but the Y is offering real cheap classes, and several of us are inclined to attend. The boxing is always on the center burner.

Shane
08-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Cool, twcolabear does bellydancing too. Come to think of it, every girl should do bellydancing. :angel:

m!ssundaztood
08-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Must get more sleep, only 5.5 hours.

No cardio, just 20 mins of yoga

Shoulder Press
Chest Press
Pullovers
DB Upright Extension 11x2
Cross Curl
Hammer Curl
Wrist Curl
Reverse Crunch
Side Bends w/weights
Toe Touches
15x2

The workouts are taking nearly an hour, this includes stretching. Once school starts, either I will workout in the weight room, or I'll have to workout when I'm home. I get up @ 5:30 am, and it takes about 90 mins for me to get to school.

m!ssundaztood
08-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Yoga - 45 mins
Handball - 1 hour

Steup lunges
Squats
Bent Kick Crosses
Seated Leg Raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Raises
Calf Raises
15x3

Two day rest.

Y2A
08-17-2004, 10:46 AM
No disrespect, but, :hump:

At 5'7 and 119, it doesnt sound like you have much to lose. Add to that some latin blood, and anything extra weight you DO have is probably located so wonderfully on... *ahem* Anyway, I think if you train with a high intensity and push yourself for a few sessions, you'll feel really good about it and it will motivate you. Just like on your first day back, it felt great to be in the gym right? It'll release some feel good hormones... or somethin ;)

And yeah, Bally's (at least where I live) is a pickup joint/gym lol.

chops
08-17-2004, 11:03 AM
No disrespect, but, :hump:

And yeah, Bally's (at least where I live) is a pickup joint/gym lol.

*every* place in miami beach is a pickup joint LOL

m!ssundaztood
08-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Y2A, thanks for dropping by. I'm not trying to gain nor lose weight. I would say, it's more about strengthening, and getting my sixpack back. That's why I said it was on the vain side

Ğragons
08-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Y2A, thanks for dropping by. I'm not trying to gain nor lose weight. I would say, it's more about strengthening, and getting my sixpack back. That's why I said it was on the vain side

iff u want that 6 pack, wont u have to lose some weight anyway?

well i been looking at yer journal for a few days, just aint got around to posting yet :p

looking good so far, dno about the yoga, i dont think i could do that :p
and the skipping... u crazy :p

but anyway, good luck with what u want to acheive, ill pop by in a week and see what else ya been doing :p

good luck.

greetz.
Cris

Shane
08-18-2004, 03:20 PM
The workouts are taking nearly an hour, this includes stretching. Once school starts, either I will workout in the weight room, or I'll have to workout when I'm home. I get up @ 5:30 am, and it takes about 90 mins for me to get to school.

90 minutes to get to school? That's worse than me. Do you live in the boonies or a big city?

m!ssundaztood
08-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Cris, thanks for taking a look at my journal.

You are right: you do have to lose weigh to gain a sixpack, if you have fat around the abs. Fortunately, that is not my problem. Prior to starting this journal, I had not been weight training. Yes, I did several cycles (my school year is divided in cycles) of yoga. My last cycle I did bowling. During my freshman and sophmore years, I took weight training. Also, I was boxing. So fastforward two years, no weight training, just the health portion of PE :D
I have lost strength and definition.

I'll check out your journal, but I'm quite sure you're bber. So yoga would be of no interest to you. It's great for flexibility.

Until I got into boxing, I hadn't skipped rope since I was rugrat. It was quite embarrassing to see men skip better than myself for the first couple of weeks.
However, I now alternate between the rope and ball, handball, paddleball, racquetball, b-ball.

Sorry to be so long. I'm in a great mood because I will be taking fencing for PE. They were not sure if they would be offering it. I've taken everything for PE except field hockey and track.

Jos

m!ssundaztood
08-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Shane, I live in the greatest city in the world: Brooklyn, NY. Unfortunately, I go to school on the other side of Brooklyn, using public transportation. I would drive but they don't let students park on campus. So, it's like 35 mins on the bus, and about an hour on train. It sucks really hard. It's not like I didn't know: my mother is alumni and warned me. As all my classes will start at 8 am, I have to make sure that I get there in time for breakfast @ 7:30 am. So, I'll probably get up at 5 am.

Mystic Eric
08-18-2004, 04:15 PM

m!ssundaztood
08-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Mystic Eric, Howdy right back atcha! When I was younger, I loved Walker. Still sad that the show is no longer on.

m!ssundaztood
08-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Almost forgot today to put in my cardio: 75 mins of racquetball. Got myself a chinup/pullup bar. Don't think I'll totally disregard the iron. And a gold star for me: I have gained 1 pound. I'm so excited to finally to make it into the 120s, albeit 120 lol. So, maybe, by the end of 2005, I'll gain another pound.

JustinF
08-19-2004, 04:29 AM
I can relate to the Papa John's coming to town...... :(

Looks like you're off to a good start. Nice work.

Good luck with your goals.

JustinF
08-19-2004, 04:32 AM
Oh...and you don't necessarily have to lose weight for the abs to come out. It's about recomposition. As long as you are losing bodyfat....not necessarily scale weight, you're good to go.

m!ssundaztood
08-19-2004, 10:41 AM
JustinF, thanks for the support. Always get the weight loss and fat loss mixed up because I don't think first, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cardio: 90 mins of handball. The humidity here sucks!

Saw this show about Mauy Thai Kickboxing last night. My bf has been pushing kickboxing (something he's really into) as a cardio really hard. I found the show interesting, but didn't change my mind.

Y2A
08-19-2004, 11:14 AM

IMO vanity is a great reason to work out :D Congrats on the breakthrough past the 1-teens ;)

Shane
08-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Mystic Eric, Howdy right back atcha! When I was younger, I loved Walker. Still sad that the show is no longer on.

Uh oh, you're gonna have Eric all over you now.

m!ssundaztood
08-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Y2A, you are too kind. It must be from living in Miami :nod: In NY, especially here in Brooklyn, bigger is always better. Being in shape is something to think about after you have had 5 kids, husband gone and spandex is no longer available, lol.

It amazed me that I could take 2 years of weight training and be the only female. My school has all the latest machines and weights. Everybody knows how expensive gyms are, and still not that many takers. Chyna doll, formerly Chyna, former wrestler, now wannabe singer, didn't help: Many of the female student body point to her as why aerobics are much safer than weight training.

Shane
08-19-2004, 04:22 PM
It amazed me that I could take 2 years of weight training and be the only female. My school has all the latest machines and weights. Everybody knows how expensive gyms are, and still not that many takers. Chyna doll, formerly Chyna, former wrestler, now wannabe singer, didn't help: Many of the female student body point to her as why aerobics are much safer than weight training.

I hate it when they think that.

Y2A
08-20-2004, 07:34 AM
It would be hard for a GUY to have Chyna's muscles without alotta effort and probably some drugs. That aint gonna happen to your average girl and it is hilarious that anyone would think that. Vanity is good stuff, and yeah there are one or two vain people down here in Miami... per square inch ;)

m!ssundaztood
08-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Shane & Y2A, I find some of their relentless logic to be a joke for the insane. During Spring Break, two of my girlfriends called me about a women's bb comp that they saw on CNN, Fox News or some new doc show. I didn't get to see until June. Their point was that these women had mutated themselves to the point of no longer looking feminine. True, the winner of the comp looked more male than female. However, there was a fitness category that they either did not see or thought was a different show because the women in that category looked female. This is why I say it's a rationalization to have surgery. My best buddy is having lipo done next week because 'dieting and exercise' takes to freakin long. Does she diet or exercise? No. I have offered repeatedly to keep her company while just walking. No, let's take the car down the block.

If it's not the excuse of becoming 'musclebound', then it's the playing field is not level because it's easier for males. I somewhat agree with them on that. Even so, they all know when I first started weight training, I couldn't do more than one pushup (and yes, all the guys could do it with not problem). As I told them, I had to start with doing the 'girl' pushups, the same with pullups and chinups. But I was determined to do the ups without that leveling, if only for the challenge.

I must get off my soapbox. It would be nice to have more female company when it comes to PE. I'm a bit miffed at their attitude towards weight training, boxing, and anything they consider to be 'male' oriented.

Sorry for going on.

Y2A
08-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry for going on.

Hey, some people use lots of words to get their point across, and some do it with few, or none... like this: :hump:

Ğragons
08-20-2004, 10:15 AM
your friend is having lipo? i thought only severely obese people got that?
or a doctor checks u out, and puts u on a diet before u commit yourself to anything like that

m!ssundaztood
08-20-2004, 04:03 PM
I think you are right, or maybe that's the way it should be. Unfortunately, it's all about the money. It's a graduation present. They are all in agreement that diet and exercise will take too much time. The lipo is quicker. The little caveat that all surgeries carry risks is irrelevant. You know that only happens to other people. I have ceased arguing with them :bash: I'm only hurting my own head :bang: Two other friends got breast implants for their 16th birthdays. Their parents too had to shop around for a doctor who was willing to do it. Just so you don't think all doctors are just listening for the ca-ching, ca-ching.

In a way I understand their pov, there are so many reality shows that dole out cosmetic surgery like candy, it is trivalized. So why not have the mentality of right here, right now?

JustinF
08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Holy Christ!! 16?? Are their parents ****ing crazy? They aren't even done growing breasts yet!! :rolleyes: Anyways, sorry.

How goes the workouts?

Shane
08-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Stay on your soapbox. If even a few girls listen it's worth it.

Ironically, the research so far shows that someone who has liposuction does almost nothing to improve their health on most levels.

How many pull-ups can you do now?

m!ssundaztood
08-20-2004, 06:29 PM
It's nothing like sitting around the place to go stir crazy. We had several windows repaired. I was left in charge: yippee! I didn't get to bed until 2 am and got up at 7. Never knew I was such a masochist. Well, I got in 30 mins of yoga; then waited around until 9 for the guy to show up. Of course he didn't show up until 10. He checked what work had to be done, and said the glaziers would be coming between 11 - 12. They came at 1 pm. I felt so sorry for them with the humidity and all. I hadn't been feeling it because I hadn't been really moving about. I would have put on the a/c, but, duh, they were taking out the windows to replace the balancers. They saved the screens for last. One of them saw my weights and asked, who uses them? I told him my cat did. (Mi pobre gordito) When I told him that they were mine, he suggested that I should stick to aerobics tuttut I didn't want to strain anything, now did I? He and his partner shared with me about how much they could bench press and all :strong: I smiled politely and nodded when I thought it was required.

Finally, about 3:30, they were done. They dutifully put in the screens because po pitiful me shouldn't be doing such things (mind you, I took out the screens). Wouldn't want to strain anything, right? tuttut Btw, we live on the ground floor.

So I turned on the a/c and had some coffee. By the time it cooled down, I did 15 mins of yoga and started my workout.

Shoudler & Chest Presses
Pullovers
Incline Flyes
DB Upright Extensions
French Press
Cross, Hammer, Wrist Curls
Reverse Crunches
Side Bends w/weights
Toe Touches
15x2

m!ssundaztood
08-20-2004, 07:07 PM
JustinF, that is exactly what the first 5 doctors said. A kinda sick funny, my mother asked one of the parents, why such surgery at such an early age? The father said that we live at such a wonderful time because doctors can now correct lousy genetics! I don't think he truly understood what he was saying.

I'm back at the grind. On one hand, I should not have taken the 2 days off from the weights. On the other hand, my intensity increased and I cutdown on my time.

Shane, I see my workout plan is definitely a work in progress. I'm considering doing away with the crunches in favor of the pullups and knee raises. I'm not a strong believer in overtraining the abs. While that thought was running, I was hit with the notion to switch abs over to my lower body day. I went all the way around the bend and still didn't answer your question,lol. When I got the bar up, I was able to do 12 reps, albeit not girlie ones.

On the lipo, her parents really became cheerleaders for it when they read somewhat that women who have it breast get bigger. I'm serious, rather they were/are. They said that the fat never goes back to stomach but magically travels up to the breasts. Therefore, they would be killing two birds with one stone, as they would not have to pay for breast implants.

SW
08-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Is that true? That sounds nuts. Doesn't sound like those parents for the 16yr olds at teh time were thinking too hard about their daughter's celebicy.

m!ssundaztood
08-21-2004, 11:43 AM
Superior Will, I'm assuming you are referring to the lipo increasing breast size. I don't know about the validity of the statement. I have googled on it and there are some doctors who say it's possible with 1/3 of the women who have lipo to their stomachs, legs and buttocks. I'm more than a bit cynical toward these doctors' statement on it.

m!ssundaztood
08-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I've got to get more sleep. Normally, I don't nap during the day, so today was the exception. No more coffee.

Yoga: 15 mins

Stepup Lunges
Squats
Bentkick Crosses
Seated Leg Raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Raises
Calf Raises
15x3

45 mins of belly dancing

I felt fine until I woke up. My upper body is so stiff or sore, or both.

I may start to track my calories, as I'm having about 6 meals a day, although they are small. I don't really pay attention to the snacks: I broke my heart by not buying HD ice cream, oreos, chocolate chip cookies, potato chips, doritos. Instead, I opted for a variety of fruits.

Ğragons
08-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Superior Will, I'm assuming you are referring to the lipo increasing breast size. I don't know about the validity of the statement. I have googled on it and there are some doctors who say it's possible with 1/3 of the women who have lipo to their stomachs, legs and buttocks. I'm more than a bit cynical toward these doctors' statement on it.

id gladly give someone a bit of my breasts ;)

Shane
08-21-2004, 06:29 PM
45 mins of belly dancing

Awesome!

I may start to track my calories, as I'm having about 6 meals a day, although they are small. I don't really pay attention to the snacks: I broke my heart by not buying HD ice cream, oreos, chocolate chip cookies, potato chips, doritos. Instead, I opted for a variety of fruits.

I know exactly how you feel. :(

Mystic Eric
08-21-2004, 09:00 PM
"The eyes of the ranger are upon you. Every wrong you do he's gonna see. When you're in Texas look behind you, 'cause that's where a Ranger's gonna be."

Shane
08-21-2004, 11:47 PM
"The eyes of the ranger are upon you. Every wrong you do he's gonna see. When you're in Texas look behind you, 'cause that's where a Ranger's gonna be."

Go play with your TotalGym Chuck. :p

Ğragons
08-22-2004, 07:06 AM
what does belly dancing do for u btw? :p

Y2A
08-23-2004, 07:36 AM
(Mi pobre gordito)

Thats what my girlfriend calls me :confused: jk ;)

Breast implants at 16?? Girls at 16 these days already look like they are 20, no need to add that fuel to an older man's "fire." Besides, giant fake boobs are overrated - really. Plastic surgery is kinda a waste of time IMO, if someone is vain enough to want it, they will find another imperfection on their body after they get it and want to get that fixed... and that cycle will continue the rest of their life. At least lifting weights because you are vain is healthy ;)

IMO abs are better suited for leg day, if you burn them out on upper-body day, they wont stabilize as well on squats... or something.

m!ssundaztood
08-23-2004, 10:18 AM
[what does belly dancing do for u btw?]

Cris, belly dancing at the very least is great cardio. Also, you would be amazed at how many different muscles get worked. It's not as easy as it looks. My girlfriends didn't pay attention when we registered and got tired after 20 minutes. I just have to make sure of not doing anything else on the class day. It's too tiring. I barely made it through the class myself.

Btw, would you be interested? :) It's a shame there are no males in the class, lol.

m!ssundaztood
08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Mystic Eric: even Walker would have to agree that his theme song is a bit on the stalker style: "The eyes of the ranger are upon you. Every wrong you do he's gonna see." ;) Don't think I don't appreciate you and him dropping by :hello:

Shane: thanks for the support. As I were told Cris, the belly dancing found muscles that I didn't even know were there. To think, I thought I was working out :)

m!ssundaztood
08-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Y2A, I can always count on you proving my belief that Miami, especially South Beach, has become the southeast answer to Cali, lMAO.

You are right, one thing leads to another. You get the breasts, then you want to have a behind like JLo. It's a vicious cycle that I don't see coming to an end any time soon. Admittedly, I'm biased because it seems that women are raised to be too hard on themselves. So I was amazed to see a doc on plastic surgery where a man was putting himself out there. He wanted to increase his penis size. He was quite pleased with the results of the first op. However, he decided that he could use a few more inches and more width. The doctors told him that they could do this by grafting cadaver skin on his penis. I couldn't believe he let them to that. But hey, he was overjoyed with the results.

I wish I could get gordito to workout. He just wants to eat, sleep and be petted :(

Ğragons
08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Btw, would you be interested? It's a shame there are no males in the class, lol.

errr no thx :p i cant see it catching on with me tbh :p

I wish I could get gordito to workout. He just wants to eat, sleep and be petted

who doesnt :p

Y2A
08-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Y2A, I can always count on you proving my belief that Miami, especially South Beach, has become the southeast answer to Cali, lMAO.

Yeah, we are trying. Movies, modeling, parties raging all night, rediculously hot girls on the beach :D rediculously hot LATINA girls on the beach :drooling: oh man... thats the stuff!! :hump:

The doctors told him that they could do this by grafting cadaver skin on his penis.

Thats just freakin gross lol. Id rather have silicon in my ass (not that I need it) than cadaver skin on my d!ck (not that I...)

I wish I could get gordito to workout. He just wants to eat, sleep and be petted

Im w/Dragons here, who wouldnt want that? If you feed me, pet me, and let me sleep all day, Ill quit my job and move right now :D

m!ssundaztood
08-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Sunday

Shoulder Press
Pullovers
Shoulder Flyes
Incline Flyes
Chest Press
DB Upright Ext.
French Press
Cross, Hammer & Wrist Curls
15x2

Pushups: 9 - testing the water
Pullups: 10 - ditto

Reverse Crunches
Side bends w/dbs
Toe Touches
15x2

Notes: Will no longer do abs with upper body. Some of these I will stop in favor of the pushups and pullups. I'm favoring lower reps/higher intensity.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

Walking Lunges w/dbs
Squats w/dbs
Kneeling Leg Raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Lifts
Calf Raises
15x3

Hanging Knee Raises - 15 - again, testing the water
Hanging Knee raises, single knee cross - 10

Notes: no weights with lunges or squats. My workout went well but the last several hours, my outer knee joints have been achy. As I have never had this problem before, I'm concluding it's the weights.

Adding abs to the lower body workout.

m!ssundaztood
08-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Y2A, I think you all have passed from 'trying' to achieving. About two years, I spent the summer with my family in Miami. I could have visited my relatives in Cali, no difference, except the time and additional miles. Oh yeah, one place you have to worry about hurricaine season and the other place earthquakes and fires. I would visit more but family can be so silly at times. Mis primos would never take me to the clubs they went to, and had problems with me going to the beach without them :mad: So now, I visit my relatives in Lauderdale. We may drive to Miami, but don't let them know we're coming.

Didn't mean to gross you out with the cadaver man. It just amazes me how far some people will go. They had a woman on there who got butt implants. I have never seen a butt shaped the way hers was. Nonetheless, she was a happy camper. I just wonder what some of these people would do if there was no cosmetic surgery?

Sabu, my cat, does have a great life. If you and Dragons are willing to be neutered, you both can move in, lol. Pobre Sabu doesn't have much to look forward to other than the eating, petting and sleeping.

Y2A
08-24-2004, 07:21 AM
If you and Dragons are willing to be neutered, you both can move in

First I look in this journal and there's cadaver skin on my penis, then Im neutered. My poor "little Y2A" will never make it outta here alive ;)

Ive never been in Cali but I guess I would feel right at home there. I wouldnt want my female cousin going out here either lol, I know how the guys are... other than me, Y2A = :angel: Lauderdale is actually more my speed, laid back, outdoor bars where you can walk around with a drink lol. Theyve replaced a couple bars downtown with clubs though, bah, I hope it doesnt become another south beach...

TheGimp
08-24-2004, 07:35 AM
I just noticed the No Doubt quote in your sig. I love that song :)

Does that make me gay? :(

Ğragons
08-24-2004, 09:11 AM
I just noticed the No Doubt quote in your sig. I love that song :)

Does that make me gay? :(

probably does tbh :)

If you and Dragons are willing to be neutered, you both can move in

sun, sea, and a decent beach , ill move anywhere for it :p

m!ssundaztood
08-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Gimp, I think it's a nice backhand slap to the gender games :cool: Hopefully, there are males like you who don't hate but appreciate it. If I were male, I would not want someone so dependent on me.

I'm completely clueless as to what's gay, and what's not gay. I think it's from watching too much Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, lol. Seriously, if I'm Just Girl have you wondering, I guess I should wonder too: I love Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Besides I'm Too Sexy, I haven't heard a more gayer song. Although, I'm quite sure there are plenty out there that I haven't heard.

Y2A, I thought you were hardcore :) Lauderdale is a great place to chill. It must be so hard on you being the only caballero in Miami :)

I was not suggesting that either of you get neutered. I was just letting you both know that Sabu's problems come from him having been neutered. He doesn't go out like other toms. He doesn't even want to go out.

m!ssundaztood
08-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Cardio: 20 mins on the heavy bag
Sparring: 6- 2 mins rounds

Paddleball: 60 mins

m!ssundaztood
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
sun, sea, and a decent beach , ill move anywhere for it :p

You would do much better joining Y2A in Miami. Here, in NY, the weather will soon turn nasty, gloomy and cold. Also IMO, the beaches are better there.

Y2A
08-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Sorry Dragons, you cant move in ;)

WTF is a caballero? lol. Nah Im not hardcore, Im pretty much laid back.

Liking "Im just a girl" doesnt make anyone gay, but singing it might give the APPEARANCE of homosexuality. I think you should add in a homer simpson quote to go with your TNG quote - "Women will like what I tell them to like" :D

TheGimp
08-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Ah. Right. Coz I've been known to sing "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" in the shower.

m!ssundaztood
08-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Y2A, you should let Dragons move in. What happened to your southern hospitality?

I will paraphrase it: "Men will like what I tell them to like" :clap: That sounds so much better.

Gimp: we must talk. If you must sing something in the shower, it should be "It's Raining Men". What do you think?

Ğragons
08-24-2004, 03:26 PM
the woman who sings that song is fit as **** tho :)
so i might download the vid and have a good perv :P

hehe

Mystic Eric
08-24-2004, 03:41 PM
hey m!ssundaztood,

Just wondering what you thought of guys who are 5'4", 200 pounds @ 35% bf? 'Cause if you're interested, I just might be your guy.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 04:19 AM
hey m!ssundaztood,

Just wondering what you thought of guys who are 5'4", 200 pounds @ 35% bf? 'Cause if you're interested, I just might be your guy.

sounds like cartman tbh :p

sorry

Y2A
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Y2A, you should let Dragons move in. What happened to your southern hospitality?

I will paraphrase it: "Men will like what I tell them to like" :clap: That sounds so much better.

Southern Hospitality? I think thats Georgia or something, not Miami. No southern gentlemen here.

lmao, Homer's version is better. He invented a make-up "gun"... Marge says "women wont like getting shot in the face" so he responded with that quote.

Queer Eye is a good show.

Eric, are those Budiak's measurements?

PowerManDL
08-25-2004, 03:12 PM
I was down in West Palm/Lauderdale for a weekend back in May helping a friend move. It was one of the best times I've had in awhile.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 03:13 PM
party at Y2A's

m!ssundaztood
08-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Mystic Eric, pardon me if this sounds stupid (and yes, I'm too lazy to google it), is BC part of Canada?

Cris, what's a cartman?

Y2A, Georgia has southern hospitality? Please. There are more NYers living there than here lol. You gotta go real rural to find some southern hospitality. My girls read your Simpson snip. They agree that my way sounds better no matter the spin. I'm with Dragons on having a party at your place.

Ğragons
08-27-2004, 01:13 PM
cartman off southpark :)

Y2A
08-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Y2A, Georgia has southern hospitality? Please. There are more NYers living there than here lol. You gotta go real rural to find some southern hospitality. My girls read your Simpson snip. They agree that my way sounds better no matter the spin. I'm with Dragons on having a party at your place.

Well, since I have to like what you tell me to like, party at my place it is. Bring your girls too ;) :D

m!ssundaztood
08-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Cris, thanks for the info. I stopped watching SouthPark when I found out that it was filtered. I still watch it here and there. It's a shame this country cannot be like Europe when it comes--too many things to mention.

Y2A, may I suggest this: don't have crazy people in your home. I love them dearly, but I would never let them party where I lay my head.

Y2A
08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
LOL. Deal, just you then ;) Sorry Dragons, 3 is a crowd :D Except in this joke:

How many chicks does it take to screw a Y2A? Just 1, but 2-3 make it even better :hide:

m!ssundaztood
08-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Wednesday, 8.25.04

10 - Push-ups

2x15 - Upright Rows
2x15 - Shoulder Flyes

2x15 - Db Pullovers
2x15 - chest Flyes
2x15 - Chest Press

2x15 - French Press

10 - Pull-ups (Biceps)

2x15 - Cross Curls
15 - Hammer Curls

2x15 - Wrist Curls

(20 lbs DBs)

Yoga - 30 mins

Thursday, 8.26.04

Lunges
Squats
Kneeling Leg Curl
Seated Leg Raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Raises
Calf Raises
3x15

Reverse Crunches
Bridgestepping
Side Bends w/dbs
Toe Touches
2x15
10 - Hanging Knee Raises

Cardio - 40 mins - Racquetball

Friday, 8.27.04 - am

10 - Push-ups

2x15 - Upright Rows
2x15 - Shoulder Flyes

2x15 - Db Pullovers
2x15 - chest Flyes
2x15 - Chest Press

2x15 - French Press

10 - Pull-ups (Biceps)

2x15 - Cross Curls

2x15 - Wrist Curls

(20 lbs DBs)

PM -
Lunges
Squats
Kneeling Leg Curl
Seated Leg Raises
Lying Inside Raises
Side Lying Leg Raises
Calf Raises
3x15

Reverse Crunches
Bridgestepping
Side Bends w/dbs
Toe Touches
2x15
10 - Hanging Knee Raises

m!ssundaztood
08-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Y2A, what happened to your 'laid back' stylin? :p By chance would your first name be Rico, and last name Suave? :evillaugh Hey, it's better than being Walter Mercado.

m!ssundaztood
08-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Today nothing but the belly dancing, 45 mins. Wasn't as tired as last week. Got my fencing gear. Really look forward to the class. The only bright spot in an otherwise sucky schedule.

Shane
08-28-2004, 06:41 PM
What kind of foil did you get? I was surprised when I learned fencing how many hot girls were in the class. There's something sexy about girls in tight clothes carrying a sword. Oh yeah, be prepared to be sore. The first time I fenced they made us do a lot of lunges. ;)

m!ssundaztood
08-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Jumping Rope: 10 mins

Sparring: 6 - 4 mins rounds

Yoga: 30 mins

Y2A
08-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Y2A, what happened to your 'laid back' stylin? :p By chance would your first name be Rico, and last name Suave? :evillaugh Hey, it's better than being Walter Mercado.

Nah, but Rico is my best friend ;) At least I didnt say "hey, ma..." like everyone around here :rolleyes: Nice workouts :)

m!ssundaztood
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Shane, I got an electric foil. I was a bit taken back by how much everything cost, $250. Well, I could have just gone with whatever my school supplies for the class. But I like having my own stuff. You know, something that fits, lol.

m!ssundaztood
08-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Y2A, sorry, I wasn't barking at you. Well...maybe, just a bit ;) You got a journal, log or whatever? I'll visit yours and say, Hey papi, nice workouts! So are we :cool:?

Y2A
08-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Totally :cool: I was actually making fun of wannabe "playa's" down here with their "oye mami" stuff. Its pretty funny, especially when you have female friends who let you know how stupid it sounds :D

I dont have a journal, I just go around in here and bother people :D

m!ssundaztood
08-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Cardio - Paddleball - 50 mins

12 - Pushups

2x15 - Upright Rows (20 lbs dbs)
2x15 - Shoulder Flyes (15 lbs dbs)

2x15 - Pullovers (20 lb db)
2x15 - Incline Flyes (20 lbs dbs)
2x15 - Chest Press (20 lbs dbs)

2x15 - French Press (15 lbs dbs)

12 - Chinups

2x15 - Cross Curls (20 lbs dbs)
2x15 - Wrist Curls (20 lbs dbs)

m!ssundaztood
08-31-2004, 07:46 AM
Jumping Rope: 4 mins

Sparring: (6) 4 mins rounds

Lunges
Squats
Pelvic Lifts
Lying Leg Raises
Lying Inside Leg Raises
Side Lying Leg Raises
Calf Raises
3x15/3 lb ankle weights

2x15 - Reverse Crunches
10 - Hanging Knees Raises
2x15 - Bridgestepping
2x15 Side Bends w/dbs
2x15 Toe Touches
10 - Hanging Cross Knee Raises

Vacation time, going to Mayaguez PR

Max-Mex
08-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Good journal missy. Just read through most of it. Glad you are taking the high road as far as fitness goes. Your friends and their parents need to see a psychiatrist. Implants and lipo at 16.....people need to get a clue.

Y2A
08-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Vacation time, going to Mayaguez PR

Hot girl on a PR beach :drooling: the natives wont know what hit 'em :D

m!ssundaztood
08-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Max-Mex, thanks for dropping by and for the support.

Y2A, hope the weather's better than what I have seen reported: clouds and showers. Oh well, it's still hurricaine season. At least tomorrow, the weather will be great for our departing flights. Damn, I wish I had learned how to swim. I would love to go scuba diving.

Y2A
08-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Miami may get nailed with a hurricane this weekend :( Im too young to die ;)

m!ssundaztood
08-31-2004, 03:19 PM
Y2A, the weather people have been a bit off of late. I'm hoping they continue that trend :) If not, I hope it won't be too nasty. After today, I'm going to see how it feels to be without the cell and the laptop. My girlfriend's taking her cell and laptop. I don't want to be bothered. It's bad enough that if I leave my cell, I feel lost

Y2A
09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
No cell huh? Does that mean I shouldnt call you this weekend? ;)

Its on track to hit about 120 miles north of here as of now, there is still a chance that my roof gets ripped off this weekend though lol.

Ğragons
09-01-2004, 10:50 AM
hey m!ss, aint had time to stop by much but seen yer last 2 workouts, god how i would pay money to watch women doing leg sessions :p

and especially them toe touches :p

just joking, good work baybee.

Cris

ryuage
09-01-2004, 11:49 AM
boo hurricane! supposed to practically ruin weather for the whole east coast and south this weekend =\ sure hope not I had tons of plans! miami sounds nice though :)

Ğragons
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
where she go? :-o

m!ssundaztood
09-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Ryuage, fortunately PR wasn't in Frances' path, although the weather wasn't as great as it could have been--but far better than poor Florida.

Cris, you should check out 'Perfect'. I think it was made back in the '80s. Anyway, it got enough eye candy of women working out to entertain you :nod: BTW, I went to Puerto Rico. Not at all happy to be be back :cry:

Mystic Eric
09-11-2004, 02:21 AM
http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2004-08-11_11.52/Resource/emoticons/note.gif
Put your head on my shoulder. Hold me in your arms, baby. Squeeze me oh so tight, show me, show me that you love me too...

Put your head on my shoulder. Whisper in my ear, baby. Words I want to hear, tell me. You and I will fall in love. http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2004-08-11_11.52/Resource/emoticons/note.gif

m!ssundaztood
09-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Mystic Eric, thank for letting me know that you missed me ;)

ryuage
09-11-2004, 07:15 AM
good to see you didnt get caught up in there.

m!ssundaztood
09-11-2004, 02:29 PM
45 mins of belly dancing. The instructor got on me--several times--for taking it easy. Not used to getting up so early...yet :cry:

PM workout -

Pushups - 15 (had a major from 9-15)
Upright Rows
Shoulder Flyes
Db shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
DB Kickback
French Press
Bicep Chinups - 15 (me at my most masochistic :whiner:)
Cross & Hammer Curls
2x15/20 lbs dbs

10 - Hip Raises
25 - Inclined Knee Raises
10 - Side Leg Raises
25 - Side Bends w/weights
25 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Abs will now be worked out 4x week.

Ryuage, thanks. We took a chance, but got a great deal on airfare and hotel. Of course that was because it being during hurricane season :D

Leprechaun
09-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Nice training sessions. Coming home from vacation is teh suck; in a perfect world, work would be what you do that one week out of the year and living in a tropical climate with nothing to do but chill would be the other 51 weeks ;)

m!ssundaztood
09-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Leprechaun, thanks for the support. I would add another week for school :D

No cardio today: it just wasn't gonna to happen. At least not today.

3x6 - Front Lunges
3x10 - Leg Curls
3x8 - Leg Press
2x8 - Side Lunges
10 - Standing Kickbacks
2x10 - Calf Raises

10 - Hip Raises
25 - Inclined Knee Raises
10 - Side Leg Raises
25 - Side Bends w/weights
25 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

No more workouts until Thursday. I have fencing Mon-Wed, plus practicing on my own time. Therefore, I will change my own to a Thurs-Sun schedule. This will enable me to do 2 or more sessions in the weight room.

Leprechaun
09-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I totally hear you on the school thing.

Mystic Eric
09-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Mystic Eric, pardon me if this sounds stupid (and yes, I'm too lazy to google it), is BC part of Canada?

Yes, yes it is...

Y2A
09-13-2004, 07:25 AM
mmmmmmmmm... hot chicks bellydancing :drooling: No slacking, hot stuff :hump:

Ğragons
09-13-2004, 08:08 AM
yeah can we get videos ;p

m!ssundaztood
09-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Mystic Eric: Thanks for affirming.

Y2A: I'm still waiting for you to join me :confused: :whazzup:

Dragons: Of course it's on video/dvd, and repeated endlessly on some cable channels :nod:

Fencing: For the next three weeks we will be doing out workouts and footwork drills in class. He is willing to help with the footwork drills, but doing class :confused:

2 mins of Rope
2x15 - Squats
2x15 - Pushups
2x15 - Tricep dips
50 - Crunches

15 - 30 mins of footwork drills

3 - 5 mins of stretching

As he said, we have two days to drop the class if some of us were thinking that it was all just going to be fun and games, i.e., Zorro or the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Ğragons
09-13-2004, 02:21 PM
footwork drills? :-\ what they?

m!ssundaztood
09-13-2004, 02:44 PM
Cris: He demonstrated the following (I may be forgetting a few because the first day you are supposed to sleepwalk through :scratch: ) -

advance/advance lunge/on guard
jump forward lunge/redouble/on guard
advance/ jump forward lunge/on guard
jump forward/advance lunge/on guard

I know there was 2 or more but I just wanted to go home and get on my pitypot for not taking field hockey :(

Shane
09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
So are you going to drop the fencing class or stick with it? Believe it or not, it gets funner. But it's like anything else. You have to crawl before you can walk. Once you get things down swordsmanship is a great cardio work out. Plus, the footwork and principles of fencing transfers over to many forms of martial art well. And if you ever get the chance to study other forms of European swordsmanship they have some traits very similar to Filipino martial arts and the kung fu style called Wing Chun. Don't stop the belly dancing though.

Mystic Eric
09-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Mystic Eric: Thanks for affirming.

Why'd you ask? Is it because you love me and you wanted to visit so we can ";);) - nudge nudge"? :clap:

Y2A
09-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Fencing huh? Dammit girl, between the two of us, IM the one who's supposed to weild the sword :angel:

m!ssundaztood
09-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Mystic Eric: My limited knowledge of Canada: Montreal (which I have visited a lot being that it's so easy to get to from where I live), Quebec (I have a friend there and only visit during the summer months :D ) and Toronto (which is somewhere up there but I have never visited). So, it's wonderful to know there is still unexplored territory up there to explore.

Y2A: By all means keep and wield your sword, I have a foil. It may not be as big as a sword, but it gets the job done :D

Mystic Eric
09-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Mystic Eric: My limited knowledge of Canada: Montreal (which I have visited a lot being that it's so easy to get to from where I live), Quebec (I have a friend there and only visit during the summer months :D ) and Toronto (which is somewhere up there but I have never visited). So, it's wonderful to know there is still unexplored territory up there to explore.

Y2A: By all means keep and wield your sword, I have a foil. It may not be as big as a sword, but it gets the job done :D

May I ask where you are from?

And about the "unexplored territory to explore" is that supposed to be some kind of innuendo?
tuttut

Shane
09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
May I ask where you are from?

And about the "unexplored territory to explore" is that supposed to be some kind of innuendo?
tuttut

I think you've still got the venom from that rattlesnake bite messing with up your brain.

Mystic Eric
09-14-2004, 08:27 PM
I think you've still got the venom from that rattlesnake bite messing with up your brain.

I was not bitten by a rattlesnake, I was bitten with Jocelin's BITE OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

BCC
09-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I was not bitten by a rattlesnake, I was bitten with Jocelin's BITE OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit lying to yourself hasselhoff lover.

Y2A
09-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Quit lying to yourself hasselhoff lover.

Will you and Eric get a room already? :hump:

Y2A: By all means keep and wield your sword, I have a foil. It may not be as big as a sword, but it gets the job done

My sword technique is flawless :angel: I think :scratch: Keep up the fencing, you can be my hot chick ninja bodyguard :ninja:

m!ssundaztood
09-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Shane: No, I didn't drop the class. He spent 20 minutes of yesterday's class clarifying what he had said on Monday. He wanted everyone to understand that strength and endurance training are an integral part of fencing. For students who were not doing these trainings, he was willing to spend class time on getting them started. For the students who were already doing these trainings, we would do footwork. He did not want some or all to think that swashbuckling would be attainable in a few weeks lol.

The footwork is quite demanding. The footwork on strips, the hops, the jumps and the lunges go beyond tiring, go beyond exhausting. I got home at 5 pm and slept straight through to 4 am. I was even too tired to take off my shoes.

Shane
09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Yeah, that's about how I remember my first day of footwork too... ;)

m!ssundaztood
09-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Mystic Eric: I'm from Brooklyn, NY. No, no innuedo.

Y2A: What can I say? Hmmm :idea: You can't afford me :evillaugh

4 days without academic/physical torture thanks to Rosh Hashanah.

Cardio: (50) Quad Jumps, Side to Side, (80) Jacks, 30 mins - Step Aerobics

17 - Pushups
2x20 - Pullovers
2x20 - Upright Rows
2x20 - DB Incline Flyes
2x20 - Chest Press
2x20 - DB Shoulder Press
2x20 - Lateral Raises
2x20 - DB Kickback
2x20 - French Press
16 - Bicep Chins
2x20 - Cross Curls
2x20 - Hammer Curls
2x20 - Wrist Curls

25 - Incline Knee Raises
15 - Hanging Knee Raises
20 - Bridgestepping
25 - Side Bends w/DBs
25 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Y2A
09-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Damn greedy females ;) :D Maybe not now, but as Dave Chappelle would say, soon Ill be "rich, bitch!" ;)

m!ssundaztood
09-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Y2A: So, we will talk when you are a rich b$tch, right? :)

m!ssundaztood
09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Cardio -
Double Foot Jumps - 100x
Jacks - 50x
Quad Jumps (Side to Side) - 50x
Quad Jumps (Up and Back) - 50x

4x8 - Squats
4x8 - Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
4x8 - Lunge Pulls
3x8 - Leg Curls
2x8 - Standing Adduction
2x8 - Standing Abductions
1x12 - Bent Leg Kickbacks
2x15 - Single Leg Pelvic Lifts
2x15 - Standing Calf Raises

25 - Incline Knee Raises
15 - Hanging Knee Raises
20 - Bridgestepping
25 - Side Bends w/DBs
25 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Yesterday, did 45 mins of paddle ball. It was a great justification to pig out on Papa Johns and Haagen Das.

ryuage
09-17-2004, 09:38 AM
I wish that would give me justification, I'd play 45 minutes twice a day every day :)

m!ssundaztood
09-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Ryuage: any excuse will do for Haagen Das :drooling: It is a weakness of mine. On the way back from the gym, I saw a sale on the bars and the qt ice cream. I'm going to be doing paddle ball all weekend ;)

ryuage
09-17-2004, 10:06 AM
ben and jerrys peanut butter cup :thumbup:

Y2A
09-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Y2A: So, we will talk when you are a rich b$tch, right? :)

You sound like a girl I met the other day... her name is EVERY GIRL ;) Even when Im rich, Im going to pretend to be broke. It totally eliminates the gold diggers :D

m!ssundaztood
09-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Ryuage: When it comes to ice cream, I barely notice anything that does not have Chocolate on it. For example, dark chocolate & vanilla and dark chocolate & chocolate bars, chocolate chocolate chip ice cream :nod: I can go for peanut butter & chocolate :thumbup:

Y2A: Let me get this straight: you work for free? Be it a golddigger or bodyguard, it's a job and peeps expect to get paid :bash:

Y2A
09-17-2004, 10:42 AM
LOL @ golddigger being a job :D Youd think it was, seeing old men here with their 20 yr old hot chicks lmao. When I need a bodyguard and get rich, Ill totally call you.

Do you like chocolate chip cookie dough? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... hot chick bringing me ice cream :drooling:

m!ssundaztood
09-17-2004, 10:58 AM
LOL @ golddigger being a job Youd think it was, seeing old men here with their 20 yr old hot chicks lmao.

Job: a regular activity performed in exchange for payment, esp. as one's trade, occupation or profession; a specific piece of work to be done for a set fee.

You don't think the ladies and the gentlemen are earning their pay with the old-age pensioners :hump:

Yes, to the chocolate chip cookie dough.

Why is it always me bringing you something :confused: :p

Y2A
09-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Why is it always me bringing you something :confused: :p

Because:

Job: a regular activity performed in exchange for payment, esp. as one's trade, occupation or profession; a specific piece of work to be done for a set fee.

Now get in the kitchen and make me some pancakes :D

m!ssundaztood
09-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Y2A: I'm getting dizzy: we are going in a circle here. I never once said, tu quieres. Donde esta dinero? ;)

Y2A
09-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Y2A: I'm getting dizzy: we are going in a circle here. I never once said, tu quieres. Donde esta dinero? ;)

:mad: you chicks are all the same. Meh :swear:

;) :hump:

m!ssundaztood
09-18-2004, 06:04 PM
Was not on my feed this morning. Was all too happy to get the workout over and done with.

17 - Pushups
2x12 - Pullovers
2x12 - Upright Rows
2x15 - Incline Flyes
2x15 - Chest Press
2x10 - DB Shoulder Press
2x10 - Lateral Raises
2x10 - French Pres
2x10 - Bench Dips
10 - Chins
2x20 - Cross Curls
2x20 - Wrist Curls

Added 5 lbs, bringing the weight to 25. Gave into the 'whatever' attitude and didn't attempt to do more on the shoulders and tris--except the dips, I did push the issue of doing the second set. But turnaround and punked out on the chins :cry:

10 - Incline Knee Raises
8 - Hanging Knee Raises :cry:
20 - Bridgestepping
20 - Side Bends w/DBs
20 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Cardio: 45 mins of belly dancing. Since I was so 'blah blah' last week, she had me in her line of vision at the front of the class. Almost 30 minutes of unrelenting hell, but my boy decided to try it to get in touch with his 'feminine side'. It was truly priceless. I never really rose to the occasion but got off easy because of him. I am most grateful.

No more attempts at workouts without eating properly. My energy sucked.

m!ssundaztood
09-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Y2A: How can you damn all of womankind :confused: It befuddles me.

Shane
09-18-2004, 09:20 PM
10 chins is damn impressive.

Y2A
09-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Y2A: How can you damn all of womankind :confused: It befuddles me.

Sometimes you wake the **** up and realize wimmens are pure evil. And it doesnt matter if you like a woman, only go for the women who like you. YOU liking a woman wont lead to happiness. Just pain. Then alcohol takey away teh pain, till you wake up next morning and m!ss-pissed-at-your-post sets you straight. But shes cool anyway, cuz, well, all hot chicks are cool :hump:

m!ssundaztood
09-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Shane: Thanks. Guess it wasn't a waste of time playing on the monkey bars and climbing up trees :D

Y2A: Sorry you been had by some succubi :eek: I will pray for you, maybe even do a novena ;)

m!ssundaztood
09-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Today's workout was much better. Must have been the music. Something about hiphop and legwork that works :) My buddy believes in half-squats for warming up. Silly him never saw how close half-squats are to dancing.

Cardio:

Double Foot Jumps: 120x
Side to Side Quad Jumps: 50x
Up & Back Quad Jumps: 50x
Side to Side, One Foot: 25x each foot
(Silly me just got it: this is so like hopscotch :) )

4x8 - Squats
4x8 - SLDLs
3x8 - Lunge Pulls
3x8 - Leg Curls
2x8 - Standing Adductions
2x8 - Standing Abductions
1x12 - Bent Leg Kickbacks
2x15 - Single Leg Pelvic Lifts
2x15 - Standing Calf Raises

20 - Incline Knee Raises
10 - Hanging Knee Raises
25 - Bridgestepping
25 - Side Bends w/DBs
20 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

m!ssundaztood
09-28-2004, 02:39 PM

2 – Hand Stand Pushups
10 - Pushups
2x15 – Pullovers
2x15 – Upright Rows
2x15 – DB Shoulder Press
2x15 – Lateral Raises
2x20 – DB Kickbacks
1x20 – Bench Dips
10 - Chins
2x20 – Cross Curls
2x20 – Wrist Curls

20 - Reverse Crunches
10 - Hanging Knee Raises
25 – Bridgestepping
20 - Side Bend w/weights
15 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

4x8 – Squats
4x8 – STLDLs
3x8 – Lunge pulls
3x8 – Leg Curls
2x8 – Standing Adductions
2x8 – Standing Abductions
1x12 – Bent Leg Kickbacks
2x15 – Single Leg Pelvic Lifts
2x15 – Standing Calf Raises

20 - Reverse Crunches
10 - Hanging Knee Raises
25 - Bridgestepping
20 - Side Bend w/weights
15 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Fencing: In addition to the ever-present footwork, foil drills are now part of the mix. There seems to be a need to learn distance and timing. It is more fun to be the attacker with the foil than the defender without the foil.

Also, our instructor suggested the handstand pushups. He thought we would enjoy the challenge.

3 – Hand Stand Pushups
10 - Pushups
2x15 – Pullovers
2x15 – Upright Rows
2x15 – DB Shoulder Press
2x15 – Lateral Raises
2x20 – DB Kickbacks
2x20 – Bench Dips
10 - Chins
2x20 – Cross Curls
2x20 – Wrist Curls

20 - Reverse Crunches
10 - Hanging Knee Raises
25 – Bridgestepping
20 - Side Bend w/weights
15 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Belly dancing class, but no belly dancing for some. Everyone in the class has do a 15 minute dance to demonstrate what she has learned.

4x8 – Squats
4x8 – STLDLs
3x8 – Lunge pulls
3x8 – Leg Curls
2x8 – Standing Adductions
2x8 – Standing Abductions
1x12 – Bent Leg Kickbacks
2x15 – Single Leg Pelvic Lifts
2x15 – Standing Calf Raises

20 - Reverse Crunches
10 - Hanging Knee Raises
25 - Bridgestepping
20 - Side Bend w/weights
15 - Knee Bent Crunches
20 - Toe Touches

Although I cutting on cardio, I went to the boxing gym because all this weekend I have been treated like a baby’s diaper.

15 mins on the heavy bag

6 – 10 min rounds of sparring

JustinF
09-30-2004, 12:49 PM
At your request....