PDA

View Full Version : Might As Well

Pages : [1] 2

SW
08-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Might as well start a journal, it looks pretty popular here. Current stats: My first name is Nick, I'm 16 years old, 5'10, and 240-245lbs. As of this month, I've been lifting about 10 1/2 months and I love it and will lift for the rest of my life, there is no question about that. Not too much compares. It's made my already decently big frame alot bigger and waaaaay stronger. I will try to post some pics, no promises lol. My maxes as of June 1st, 2004 are Bench: 300 Deadlift(only seriously going at it for about 2 months before maxing out):365 Sqat(only doing it for 2 weeks before maxing out): 315. I'm happy with bench, as I've worked on it for those months before school ended. I'm very unhappy with deads and squats, but I will make great gain when school starts. I have a great program that I'm doing when school starts, but as of now I'm just barely maintaining due to limited access to weightroom. I have a lifting parter, Josh, my best friend. He does Taek-Won-Do and is quite strong for his size. I spent almost all of those 10 or so months :burger: eating everything that wasn't bolted down and slower than me, but now I'm cutting and I think I've lost about 10 lbs in a month. Most of it is fat I think (hope lol). I'm also a big fan of free weights.

Current routine which will start August 27th
Monday arms/chest
Bench
Tricep ext.
Db curl
Db press

Wednesday back/traps
Deadlift
Seated boat row
Low-lateral pulldown

Friday legs
Squat
Legpress
Standing calf raise

There are some ppl who think this will work and others who don't. But I've decided it will be kick ass so thanks to all who gave me their input on it, as I was confused on how often it was optimal to max out and should I raise sets or reps and other details. Here's the breakdown: Exercises will be done in order shown. 3 sets of 4 the first week. 3 sets of 6 the second week. 3 sets of 8 the third and 3 of 10 the fourth, starting over again the 5th week. I will max out every 8 weeks on the Big 3. After each 8 week cycle, I will take one week off for recouperation and rest and EATING lol. Then go back at it. Feel free to post thoughts and opinions and advice on whatever I say on here. I should update this journal.........who the hell knows. We'll see.

Focused70
08-05-2004, 09:02 PM
:spam:

edit: just in case that wasn't a hint, good luck on the journey. :)

Stash

SW
08-06-2004, 06:57 AM
:spam:

edit: just in case that wasn't a hint, good luck on the journey. :)

Stash

Thanks. It's gonna be a good one.

SW
08-06-2004, 02:59 PM
I forgot to mention I will be doing abs and obliques on arm/chest day. Do hit these I will be doing russian twists, weighted crunches, and bench leg lifts.

I just got done loading and unloading a stock racked pickup full of hay. Damn that stuff gets in your mouth and up your nose and everything, makes you wanna smash the damned hay fork and take a break. No such luck for me as my grandfather doesn't know the meaning of "a break". Lol. Plus various other farmwork today. I do it without complaint as this helps me somewhat maintain strength 'till school.

SW
08-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I just thought I'd give some measurements: 17 inch biceps, 26 inch upper legs, 38 to 40 waist. Almost all of my fat is on my damned belly lol sucks.

SW
08-06-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm also cutting. It sucks a donkey because I can't :burger: half the **** I used to. Like today i ate : One bigass King B teriyaki piece of beef jerkey, a propel water, four small homemade hamburgers and have had about 2 glasses of doctor pepper. And a piece of cheese. Plus about a cup of scalloped potatoes, good stuff. And now for the last caloric intake of the day: Coke C2. It's pretty good stuff. Not good for cutting, but good tasting! Can't be too strict on first cut :hello: I haven't had many calories today, and I don't feel too hungry. I'm about to do 5 sets of 20 pushups and some russian twists and crunches, because I can.

rookiebldr
08-07-2004, 12:30 AM
Hey, welcome to the journals. You're a big guy for 16 years old with some impressive lifts. :eek:

Good luck with the cut and getting stronger.

BIG C
08-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Good luck Bro!! :thumbup:

ryuage
08-07-2004, 09:57 AM
good luck with the cut bro, Im on the pretty low end of calories myself :)

SW
08-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Low calories and don't get along lol. i'm used to eating alot, so it gets a little tougher in the cutting dept. today I've had: one bowl of honey nut cheerios for breakfast, one six inch sub for lunch, and I'll eat about a cup of roast beef for my afternoon snack,mmmmmmm. I've quit keeping strict track of calories, I've quickly learned to eat when I'm hungry, just not too much, about half of what I used to eat. I also drink 1 or 2 propel waters a day, good stuff!

SW
08-07-2004, 06:05 PM
F the roast beef for now, I had a michelina's macaroni and cheese for a snack and another michelina's chinese rice thing (300 calories) for dinner. I feel full and energized.

SW
08-08-2004, 08:54 AM
I ate some roast beef with a slice of bread. I also ate a ham sandwich with a chunk of cheese.

BTW thanks for the compliments guys :thumbup:

SW
08-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Pushups suck when you weight upwards of 240 lbs. My God, when I was in 7th grade ( and a weenie mind you ) I did 56 pushups in a minute at like 160 or so. Now I can't do them near as fast because I have to push up alot more weight lol.

SW
08-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Here's the weight I think I will start off doing ( based on last year's achievements) in 3 sets of 4 for the first week of the above mentioned program (after a warmup set):

Bench: 275
Db curl: 65
Tricep ext.: 170
Db press: 100

Deadlift: 350
Seated boat row: 270
Low lat pulldown: 270

Squat: (don't laugh, I started doing them 3 weeks before school let out) 275
Legpress: 540
Then of course standing calf raise, might hug a 45 to my chest.
I will use medicine ball for sit-ups and no weight for russian twists. Also no weight for bench leg lifts.

SW
08-09-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm still on 2000 calories a day, refeeding every 4 days to boost lipton/lepton whatever they are levels. This morning I did ALL the chores, took me an hour. Trying to burn extra calories. I have 3 weeks left of cutting! I'm not going to be able to get rid of this gut, but I would like to drop 3-4 more lbs of fat. Then I'll start a clean bulk, and a fairly slow one, and build the muscle like Hell in school. Feedback is appreciated.

galileo
08-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Leptin.

SW
08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
^^ Thanks. I knew it was something like that. Today is REFEED, and God bless it guys. I get about 1000 more calories on refeed days more than usual, about 3000 then. I ate half a medium pizza, and am finishing drinking the first code red mountain dew since.....1 month ago! (My friend could never do this, he's a dew addict ;))

SW
08-09-2004, 03:08 PM
The other things I've eaten on refeed day: 3 glasses of milk, 2 propel waters, 4 pieces of toast with peanut butter, a piece of bread with 1 slice of ham and some beef noodles. I will enjoy it today, cause tomorrow it's back to 2000. :( Cutting is a bitch. That's what I've found out over the past 3 weeks or so.

SW
08-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Scratch the beef noodles. They tasted like a dog's ass. that's probably why my dog licked....I mean liked them.

PizDoff
08-09-2004, 09:34 PM
You should change your nick to 'Superior Nick'

:D

But I guess then people would ask you why your nickname is superior.

SW
08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
PIZDOFF: Lol smartass. The will is like willpower. I guess it is kinda confusing since my name is Nick and some might think it's Will. So I thought it would work well. :) Jerry Springer is on and after that I will run again. I'm gonna have a propel and some a&w root beer today. I've already had the root beer, kinda some motivation to keep me cutting since my diet is on the low cal side. I've had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter.
I figure if I get alot of protein ( I eat meat every day as much as I can, kinda like a low carb thing but not really ) strength loss will be minimal to cutting.
Who knows, maybe SOME of those weights I listed will be a little lower, say 10 lbs lower, because of this cutting. I have noticed I've stopped putting on weight.
In a few days I should have a body fat % available and weight. My starting weight was 250lbs and I had over 30% bodyfat :(. I know it sounds like alot and it is, but almost all of it is on the belly. I hate that. I look kinda like a pop belly pig. I have good definition everywhere else. When school starts I'll ask the art teacher if I can borrow the digital camera to get some pictures up here and show you what I mean.

SW
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Going to the fair and working there for 2 weeks :) money is goood.

SW
08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm working permanently actually. The work is hard and the hours long 12-16 sometimes. Money's good though. It's good for maintaining strength untill I get back to school and the weightroom in about a week.
I'm a stagehand/loader for United Hands. We do about anything that involved heavy moving, state fairs, stages, auditoriums, and summer slam for wwe. It's awesome. I've met Montgomery Gentry and Rascal Flatts. Plus the women can be very....nice....to you at those concerts ;)

SW
08-18-2004, 01:51 PM
weight is down to 240 and now going below 30%bf

Ğragons
08-18-2004, 02:36 PM
weight is down to 240 and now going below 30%bf

cool where are ya tryna get to? goals? or did i not read it above :p

SW
08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
I was initially gonna try to lose 10 lbs of fat and go down to 240 before school. School is a week away still and I'm down to 240. I don't look anywhere near 30%, as it's all like deep inside my stomach, because I have pretty good def. everywhere else. It's hiding or something lol. Even after school starts in a week and I start a slow, clean bulk, I still want to drop fat as I go. I'm looking for 20%, which will look pretty lean on me, believe it or not.
It's funny, 2 days ago my best friend's sister wouldn't believe I was over 10%. The compliments of the nonlifters can be encouragin lol ;)

SW
08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm eating less than I ever have in my life (other than a small child). Plus the best part is that I'm used to it. I'll have bf and weight in a few days.

Ğragons
08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
hmmm can u still drop bodyfat and gain muscle?

SW
08-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I know I'll lose some strength along with the fat, but I've got the outline of a 4 pakc when I flex now. I wanna have a decent 6 when I flex, it's tempting to cut another 10lbs and do slow and controlled bulk. What u guys think of that?

SW
08-23-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm not getting over 1500 calories a day now, sometimes not even that. 2 days ago was refeed, so that means maybe so is tomorrow.

Ğragons
08-23-2004, 12:02 PM
i dont always get over 1500 calories either, and answer to your first question, when u bulk, your gonna cut again anyway i guess, so why not lose that extra now? and save time when u are finished bulking

SW
08-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Exactly. I've gotten around 1400 today. Hungry I guess. Good, quality food though.

Ğragons
08-23-2004, 02:32 PM
i dont feel hungry iff i dont hit 1500, must be the water i drink, anyway what ya gonna do?

cut now, or cut later

SW
08-25-2004, 02:06 PM
^^ I'm gonna go ahead with the cut, but I'll probably either lose weight slowly or stay the same for a while. The damned thing is that I go to school tomorrow and school starting= weightroom, so I'll be lifitng 3 times a week and I'm a believer that you'll get bigger gains with plenty of food, but that's not so great for fat loss I'm guessing.

HELP! I don't know what to do guys.

As I see it, I have 2 choices with this: Continue cutting for another 6 weeks and lose about 10 lbs of fat in those 6 OR eat a similar but not exactly bulking diet in which ice cream and fat are low but get plenty of protein (btw I eat huge, plate filling salads everyday as 3/4 of my lunch at school, so that's healthy) and eat fairly good so I get the most out of my lifting and repair quickly. This is vexing as a bitch. All responses are very much appreciated as mon. I will be hitting the weightroom with fury. :bow: :soapbox:

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 03:16 PM
hey man, u have seen my diet first hand, did u see my personal best's and stuff? im seeing big gains on my arms / chest and legs and im cutting :P so u dont need plenty of food.

hit the weightroom have all the girls marvelling over you ;)

keep it going anyway m8, ull get there in the end :p

SW
08-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Ur right. I'm gonna still cut but eat in tight moderation. Hell, not even moderation sometimes, low on the caloric spectrum till maybe after christmas, then bulk. What's the thoughts on that?

Ğragons
08-26-2004, 02:23 AM
sounds like u reading my mind :p

SW
08-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Ok guys, my journal is about to be worth reading. TODAY was the first time i'd been able to work out in weeks. I've lost 7% bf and 10lbs, so I'm done cutting.

I've seen how much strength the combined cutting and not lifting has done to me, so I'm bulking, I WANT IT BACK! and I will get it back. I haven't been able to lift for over a month and for the 2 before it maybe once a week, so my strength has went to hell, that's ok, I should make a quick recovery. Haven't been lifting due to limited access to weightroom.

Stats: 16
Weight: 240 (now bulking)
Bf: 30% (i know, holy ****)
Height: 5'10

Today's lifts:
Arm day (On my first post, I talk all about how my routine will go, 3 sets of 4 for all exercises and moving up 2 reps every week)
Bench: 225 I used to be able to do this with 265 but I'LL BE BACK!
Db press: 75
Db curl: 50
Tricep ext.: 160

Some of these #'s piss me off, but I know that they're from the cutting and limited weightroom access and I will bounce back fast.

SW
08-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Now I can only think of what the deads will do to me wednesday. My traps look to be still in good condition, but I don't know how this will go. It still just pisses me off so bad that I lost lots of strength, ALOT of strength, but It's coming back fast, count on it. Before the summer I benched 225 x9 or 10 for one set, now today I did it x4 for 3 sets. Oh well, I'm gonna quit bitching about it now because it's my own fault and I might as well focus on that quick recovery.
Opinions about my routine and other crap is much appreciated.

SW
08-31-2004, 08:41 AM
Well it's morning now and I'm a weak, sore kitten. I hit the weightroom hard as hell and I feel great. Weak and sore = great is rare, but ok in this case :). Now I realize part of the reason I lost strength is because I had the biggest nosebleed on my record 3 hours before I lifted. Then last night at 12:30am and 3:00am I had bad ones again. I'm sick and may go to the docter.

SW
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
I guess it's a no go for the bulk. I just got informed from a cardiologist that my heart is muscle bound and strong, just overdoing it. I have high bp and will find out tomorrow if it's becaue there's a blockage in my kidneys, if it's bad I'll have to have a stint in my kidney. I will most likely be on bp medecine for the rest of my life. It's kinda scary. I took my first pill for it today. **** this sucks ass. I'm gonna eat a regular diet and work my ass off so I lose fat and still make good gains strengthwise. He told me that 95% of ppl with high blood pressure are never able to find out what causes it. I may be one. I hope I don't have to have a stint. Anyone here had one?

SW
09-01-2004, 04:32 PM
I went to the docter today and yesterday, had an ekg, the same kind of thing for my kidneys as well, took the 150mg avopro or whatever and now my bp is normal. NO KIDNEY BLOCKAGE thank god! I'll just have to take one pill every morning and I'll be ok. One curious thing I've noticed since it went down, I sweat dramatically less than I used to 2 days ago! Maybe some of you guys out there that sweat alot and easily should have your bp checked, definitely couldn't hurt. I'm really relieved.

SW
09-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Sorry I didn't post my workout yesterday, I forgot because I was so damned busy. As always, these weights are working sets of 3 sets of 4 reps.

Yesterday was traps + back
Deadlift: 315
low-lat pulldowns: 270 definitely could've handled more, but I only have room for 1 45 on the pin that holds the weights, then I added another 45 and pin on the other side.
Seated rows: 260

This workout felt pretty good and I'm nice and sore today, just the way I like it for my muscles. I'm gaining that lost strength back, I FEEL it! Friday is leg day, I'll also do some abs and obliques, which just took me 10 minutes to remember. **** I think this new bp medecine is ****ing up my memory, I've been having that the last couple of days. My bp is great now, with the medecine. It now varies from 130/74 to 100/80. Good stuff. I'm getting around 2500 calories per day now and feeling great!
Thoughts and comments on anything you see in my journal are welcome.

SW
09-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Today is leg day. Squats and legpress all around! Standing calf raises too to complete it. I'll post tonight how it went. Shooting for 250 on squat for 3 sets of 4. Shouldn't be a problem, but still recovering from pissy summer. It's so quiet in this journal, I think I'm just posting this stuff for my future reference lol.

SW
09-03-2004, 05:15 PM
Well squats came out to be 225 3 sets of 4. It'll all be good in a couple weeks when I gain most of that lost strength back. Leg press was 430, 3 sets of 4. I feel good about them. Doing standing calf raises too, and I did abs on wed so that's covered. That's how my routine's gonna go, exept next week I'll be doing 8 reps for everything, still 3 sets. Then 8 reps, then max out.

Kirman
09-04-2004, 12:05 PM
hey ma friend,

well i finally managed to get round to reading your journal! hope all goes well i'd spam you but every1 alrdy has lol

keep it up and keep in touch gd friend... oh and cutting sucks thats why i havent gone on a cut yet... lol (kinda scared of losing the muscle ive earned and grafted lol)

BIG C
09-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Good Journal here!

Good job on squats!

SW
09-06-2004, 05:22 PM
Kirman: Yeah be careful with cutting, it kinda screwed me bud lol.

BIG C: Thanks alot, I'll post in it no less than 3 times per week, most likely more. The squats are asstoankles, I think I forgot to mention that. Glutes feel good to work lol.

I worked like hell (10 hard hours) saturday. I wasn't posting because of being so damned busy :) . That combined with walking around that day and sunday AND me doing legs on friday means I'm just able to walk normal today. I'm not kidding, I suffered pretty bad ( pulling myself up and down stairs, if I hadn't worked sat. I'd be fine right now). So if I know I'm working on a weekend, I'm gonna do legs on a wednesday. I don't need to torture myself lol.
Since I didn't have school today, and that ****s the 3 day split up, I'm gonna do a 2 day split this week. Lifitng wed. and fri. it will look like this, in this order:::

Wednesday arms+back
Bench
Deadlift
Tricep pulldown
Db press
Seated rows
Low-lat pulldown

That sucks I have to double up fri. and mon. workouts on a wed lol (confusing enough?)....

Friday legs (no work this weekend so it's safe lol) abs and obliques
Squats
Legpress
Bench leg lifts
Russian twists
Crunches
^^ Damn that hurts my stomach all over for like a week but it makes teh core teh ****.

This week all my exercises will be the same weight and sets as last, but now 6 reps per set, not 4.

I think this routine I have going suits me well, I like it. I don't know if I've posted my maxes yet on here, so here r the ones that matter. This is as of June 1 of 2004:

Bench: 300
Squat: 315
Deadlift: 365

SW
09-06-2004, 06:58 PM
^^ Oh yeah and on wed. I'll be doing Curls too, forgot lol.

SW
09-07-2004, 03:45 PM
What do you guys do for core exercises and abs and obliques?

Ğragons
09-07-2004, 03:50 PM
hey big WILLY, ;)

i neglect abs badly, i guess i dont do em, coz the bellys still here, or i forget after ive done my cardio, but try the machine where u stack weight on and then push yourself down, i hear it hurts like hell and works good :p

SW
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah makes u wanna puke but it's all good...in the end I guess lol. Burns like hell, but I've come to like that feeling.
I've never heard of that machine, but would definitely give it a try if I saw it. Good post. Anyone else care to comment?

SW
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
BTW, I'm lifting tomorrow. Gonna be a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post sometime after 4:30pm tomorrow.

Kirman
09-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Hey ma friend,

For abs i alternate each time i train them, they have their own day and i also train them on an empty stomache.

I do as follows:

Crunches with a weight behind my head
Crunches with a twist
Leg Raises with a weight between my feet
Machine crunches

I do 2 sets of each and thats me done :D i dont do shed loads of reps either cause i train them like all my other muscles.. it works for me :D

SW
09-08-2004, 08:09 PM
^^ I like it.

SW
09-08-2004, 08:20 PM
I did my workout today, took me an assramming hour to do it. It went as follows, 3 sets of 6 reps unless otherwise specified:

In order (I hate doubling up back and arm days like this)
Deadlift: pissed me off royally. Last time I was able to do 315 for 2 sets of 4 reps. Today I guess it wasn't so bad, only that I just don't like to fail. I took it down to 275 (It was hard to take it down....I felt like ****) and managed 1 set of 6, and 1 set of 5. I don't know what the **** is wrong, but it's angering.
Bench: was angry from deads so hit it hard 225 COMPLETED all reps and sets @ moderate difficulty.
Db curl: 50 @ high difficulty
Db press: 75 barely made it, but enjoyed the battle.
Low-lat pulldown: 270 @ no difficulty
Seated boat rows: still pissy from deads so increased the weight 10 lbs from last week and still added 2 reps per set: 270 @ moderate difficulty
Tricep ext.: 160 not hard at all

If I can fix deads, I'll be happy with this workout. I'm gonna go 'till I have 8 reps per set (next week) and then I'll start over again. I think for low lat pulldowns and boat rows i'll have to have one of my friends push down on the weights because all the extra weight I can stuff on it (two 45's on pins) is what i'm using right now. Any suggestions on how to increase it without having someone push on it? It only goes to 180 and I can put a 45 on a pin on each side. I may have to get pretty creative lol. I think I might have a friend hold a 25lb weight on top of it as it goes up and down....seriously.

Any comments or suggestions on this would be great guys. Later.

Kirman
09-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Guess you like my ab workout, well i tell you one thing it makes your abs scream for mercy lol.

I'm doing that routine 2day and then im going to meet my old CPO from the navy and see what i have to do next. Because HMS Raleigh have confirmed to continue with my application :D

hey every1 fails, but people that fail are the people that are the ones who achieve most in the end :D So keep up the hard work my friend..

At the gym im at if the weight on the rack is too light, we either wedge some dumbells to the top or hook a weight to the pin...

keep it up my friend

SW
09-09-2004, 03:36 PM
^^ Thanks man. I will keep on going. Feeling nice and sore today. Tomorrow is leg day and ab day, although since I did heavy seated boat rows, my abs feel it today, never knew that was possible lol.

SW
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Traps are still burning right now when I move them or touch them lol, so are pectorals and lats, let's not forget shoulders. I know that pain doesn't equal a good workout, but my body lets me know the intensity and effectiveness of my workout, that's how mine works. I did good lol.

SW
09-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Going to school now. Will report back later on how legs and abs went :)

SW
09-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Hah! Today was a good day. Did all the previous mentioned ab and oblique workouts, now for the good stuff. All exercises done in 3 sets of 6 ;)

Squat: 225 @ moderate difficulty
Legpress: 430 @ moderate difficulty

This was a two day split this week 'cause I didn't have school on Monday, so Wed. was stuffed. Well guess what, next week I don't have school on wed, so I'll do the same workout next monday as I did on last wednesday.

I always try to do this great 3 day split, but the world isn't cooperating with all this juggling of days, so on weeks I don't have school on a mon wed or fri, I'll have to double up the workout into a 2 day split that week, otherwise I'll be doing my nice 3 day split.

When bowling season starts (sometime this November) I'll be back to a 2 day split. Sucks, don't it? Kinda lol.

BTW, my 17th birthday is the 19th, 8 days away! ****ing right, and I'm camping tomorrow and sunday, so I've got stuff to look foreward to! Later guys.

SW
09-10-2004, 10:21 PM
One thing I've noticed since starting a job that often has me working at 10:30pm 'till 2am I can eat late at night, so I ate a burrito and to make that ok I drank a Dasani lol.

SW
09-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Going camping! My legs feel awesome today from yesterday's workout. Will post tomorrow guys. later ;)

SW
09-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Ate some junk during camping, played some flag football both days though so I got some calories burned. I weighed myself at my friend's house and I weigh 242 with clothes on and 3 chimy chonguas in my belly.:)

Tomorrow I have to do arms/chest and back in that damned 2 day split thing again, which leaves legs on their lonesome on friday. Sets of 8 for 3 sets are in order, only thing that worries me is deads, which I've had some trouble with. I will try to do 275. My strength is coming back though, I feel like I used to with it. In about 3 weeks I expect to be back where I was at the start of this summer, which was almost workout free for me.;(

I bought a good folding 3 inch bladed knife today, looks great, sharp as ****. Later guys.

Beast
09-12-2004, 08:48 PM
You're strong... especially for an almost-17 year old. :thumbup:

Ğragons
09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
evening shag, what bf are u at now btw?

SW
09-13-2004, 01:32 PM
BEAST: Thanks alot I work hard.

DRAGONS: I will be able to find out bf this weekend and I'll let everybody know ;)

I'm at school now so I'd better get off before I get caught and bitched at. Weight: 240-242, depends on time of day lol.

SW
09-14-2004, 06:00 AM
Ok have to be quick gotta go:

Yesterday was great, I made the weights my bitches! sets of 3 8 reps for each weight.

Dead: 275 @ ZERO ****ING DIFFICULTY YEAH!
Bench: 225 didn't finish last set, deads take some from the arms I guess
Db press: 70
Curl: 50 no last set, failure after 2nd
Low-lat pulldown: after what I'd done it was hard but it got done 270
Seated boat rows: 270
Tricep ext.: 160@ high difficulty (again, I was exhausted)

Volume 8 reps 3 sets with this was hard in some places, really hard. So that's all the higher I'll go. I'll do it with my legs on fri since no school on wed. Then next mon I'll start over at a higher weight with 4 reps again. Any comments on this are appreciated. I feel sore as **** today and I LOVE IT!

Later guys :bow:

SW
09-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I was wondering what a good max out time would be after I do this next cycle. Suggetions?

Beast
09-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Dead: 275 @ ZERO ****ING DIFFICULTY YEAH!
Stick 3 plates on there next time! :thumbup:

SW
09-14-2004, 06:59 PM
BEAST: Lol yeah man! I was thinking about it after the first set. That's how fast I progress (sometimes). Do you remember me saying that I did horrible with 315 for 3 sets of 4?! Now that's what I'll be doing next week! I'm really excited. Before school ended, I was doing 315 for 2-3 sets of 5-6 reps. My strength is finally making a visible comeback on the third week, as I was hoping it would. By week 5 I should be doing more than I did before summer (I hope).

Hmm, what should I do for next cycle of this? (starting next week. fri. I still have to finish out legs with 8 reps 3 sets.)

Let's see, maybe:
Bench: 245
Deadlift: 315
Squat: 245
Db press: 80 (I will try to find clamps or replace the 5's that are on there with 10's if I can find them as I don't see any more available weights)
Tricep ext.: 180
Db curl: 55
Low-lat pulldown: 270 (max for that machine) The machine only goes to 180 and I manage to fit a pin and a 45 on each side, and that's what I just got done doing in this routine! HOW SHOULD (CAN) I PUT MORE WEIGHT ON?
Seated boat rows: 270 Same problem as afore mentioned.
Legpress: 470

This will all start next week back down to 3 sets of 4. This routine turned out to be alot harder than I thought it would be, much to my satisfaction. It's a severe shock to my system and I love it. For the next routine after this one, I'm thinking of doing few sets (2)+ few reps (4?) to try to achieve maximum size gain. In every new routine I go for a different goal, keeps the shock good and interest high.

Let me know what you guys have to say about this routine and any changes you would consider making, and I'd really like to know how to make the pulley (cable, whatever) machine hold more weight other than the ways I've already mentioned. Thanks alot guys, I value all opinons and suggestions. Later.

SW
09-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Hey I've decided I'm going to join Taek Won Do. I am an active person with boundless energy and now I think I'll be loaded down. Let's see, school, work, bowling, and lifting. I love it. There you have the stuff that makes life worth living. Exept for maybe school and I love my job so that stays lol.

I was wondering when I should max out considering my previous posts. Thanks for all replies. later guys.

SW
09-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I went to bed at 11pm last night, and got up at 11am today! A full 12 hours of sleep! I feel great. No school today, teacher inservice. Traps still pretty sore, so is rest of back. I can feel a very slight twinge in my biceps, which usually refuse to hurt anyway. My tri's don't feel much better either. Pectorals same deal. I know soreness doesn't = good workout for most ppl, but as I've come to know my body it does for me most of the time.

SW
09-15-2004, 05:38 PM
I can't wait to start Taek Won Do. I think I have everything it takes to master it after many years. My best friend is a brown belt and it's helpted him in almost every area of his life. I wish to take my body to it's fullest degree of potential. I'm pretty exited.

Are any of you guys in Taek Won Do or some other form of martial arts? What have they done for you and how long have you been doing it? I'm really curious.

SW
09-15-2004, 07:50 PM
The weights I will be doing next week are listed 5 posts back from this. I'd like to know if anybody has any idea on how to increase weight on the pully/cable machine after putting a pin and a 45 on each side, it doesn't go above 270 which I can rep 8 times for 3 sets with low-lat pulldowns and seated boat rows, I NEED to increase weight there, but don't know how. I really need suggestions.

Since I'm bored, you will all be subjected to some pr's set recently.

Bench: Before summer I could bench 225 9 times for 1 set, having nothing left afterwards. Now I can bench it 8 times for 2 sets and still have something left.

Squat: Friday I'll be trying to squat 225 3x8. I've done 275x3 and 250x7 before. think 225 3x8 would equate to better than that, don't you think?

Deadlift: I went through sets that would've killed me 2 weeks ago this week like air. Expect to see some big gains in reps, namely at the 315 level.

Db press: I've done 55 for 20, but that means jack. Mon. I did 70's 3x8, def. a pr.

Tricep ext.: 160 3x8, def. a pr.

Pretty much everything I did on mon. was a pr of reps with a certain weight.

SW
09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
My friend informed me that Taek Won Do practice is 3 days a week and goes from 7pm to 9pm. I think only 1 of these days will be on a lifting day though. He also told me that we will be doing conditioning (running some, pushups, repeated movements etc.) but nothing hardcore. We will also stretch for about 20 min, which I like. Helps to stop being muscle bound and stops you form getting hurt while lifting or practicing. I think I'm gonna love it!

I should start here in about a week. Anybody else in martial arts?

Beast
09-16-2004, 07:55 PM
I used to be in high school, until I got my tooth knocked out sparring. :( I was a 2nd dan black belt at the time.

galileo
09-16-2004, 08:10 PM
I used to be in high school, until I got my tooth knocked out sparring. :( I was a 2nd dan black belt at the time.

I was in TKD for about 15 years. I could beat my own ass with the Muay Thai I learned in less than 5. :D

SW
09-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Wow. I really wanna be part of it but there may be a problem, I will post it on bodybuilding forum in a minute.

Beast: That sucks. But why'd you quit? Because of a tooth? What values did you learn and was it worth it? Is it still with you?

Galileo: What belt did you rise to? Why'd you quit? Anything usefull retained from it?

rookiebldr
09-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Damn you're strong dude. Your routine is looking like it's definitely working for you. Keep it going strong.

SW
09-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Jeff: Thanks for the encouragement! I earned it all and am proud. You're not too shabby yourself ;)

SW
09-18-2004, 09:10 PM
Yesterday was leg day. All weights done in sets of 3, 8 reps.

Squat: 225 @ moderate difficulty

Legpress: 430 @ high-moderate difficulty

Good workout. Hardly feel sore at all today. Next week I start back to 3x4 with higher weights to increase strength greatly! Any ideas on when to max?

BTW, 3 MINUTES after midnight tonight, I'll be 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rookiebldr
09-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Happy Birthday, dude.

SW
09-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks Jeff :)

ryuage
09-19-2004, 09:56 AM
ya happy birthday

SW
09-19-2004, 07:03 PM
RYUAGE: Thanks alot man.

Tomorrow I start back at 3x4 and next week same weight but 3x6 and finally 3x8. This 3 week routine works good for me and I've seen pretty good gains in strength and some size even already.

My life is getting more busy. My car is in the final stages of repair ( hit by an old lady, no, I'm seriously serious ) and ****ed ever since.

Soon I'll be driving to school again and be able to join TKD at the start of next month, I'm really anxious to give it a try. Most big guys don't do very well in TKD because they provide big targets and usually aren't too fast.

My best friend Josh has been teaching me the basics for the past few days and says I pick it up really fast and am pretty fast performing it after I get it down, so I hope I'll be able to do it well.

It's kinda one of those things that you can tell right off weather or not you'll be able to excel in or not. Hope I can.

This new routine has me exited. Tomorrow I'll try (3x4)

Bench: 245
Db press: 70 is all it goes up to I think. I'll be looking for more weight to put on the db's. Any ideas on how to put weight on them without actual little plates would be most helpful, or I'll just have to go for several more reps and that won't fit along with my routine AT ALL. HELP PLEASE!
Curl: 55

I can lift on wed, so it's a 3 day split this week (thanks God)

Another problem is that that machine you do tricep ext. on, the one with the pulley, I can't put more than 1 plate on each side and that only amounts to 270, which I've already done last cycle of this routine. So that gives me the same prob. and need for help as do the db's. Any ideas here?

Thanks alot to those who make some suggestions ;P

SW
09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Damn this lack of ideas..... anybody have any ways to increase the weight on db's once you have all the ****ing weights available already on? Come on guys, I really need to know before tomorrow or my routine gets a little ****ered up.

SW
09-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Figured out the cable machine. Will tie or have someone hold a 25 on top of the weight. Just need advice on the db's.

SW
09-20-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm about to lift guys. Arm day. Will let you guys know how it went when I get back!

rookiebldr
09-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm no help on the db other than try a different exercise. Sorry dude. Tell the gym they need more weight for the big guys. Then show your <doubleguns>. Boom!

SW
09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
JEFF: Lol that might work ;) I scrounged around and finally found more weight! There were 4 10's and I replaced the outside 5 lbers with tens. After that, who knows what'll happen. I'll see if the athletic director thinks strong guys are important enough to consider next time he orders weights lol. Thanks for the thought though. :)

Arm day, 3x4

Bench: 245 will go to 235, got too ambitious. Got first set done, then 2 outta 4 on the second and 3 outta 4 on the third. Not overly bad, I just felt weak all around today. :( Maybe I should eat more........

Db press: 85

Db curl: 55 Felt fine but only got 1 set done because my right bicep started to feel like it was torn a little. Believe it or not but I think I did it this weekend with all the hours of throwing a football with friends. Don't know how I will fair next week when I go to 3x6, but we'll see.

3 day split since I have school this wed., so no need to combine back with arms which I hate doing but will have to do when bowling starts. It's all good though :) Should be joining TKD start of next month and will see how I like it. Friend says I pick up on basics fast and can perform them fast, so I am optimistic.

Beast
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
245 for a few reps ain't weak, willy. ;)

SW
09-21-2004, 05:13 PM
BEAST: Thanks ;) I just hold myself up to higher standards than I can achieve, so I fall short a little but still get something done :) I know it's not weak, but I push myself pretty hard.

I think I can handle 235 pretty well for 3x6 next week. Hey, it's 10lbs better than last cycle so I can't complain too much here.

Tomorrow would be back day. Deliberating on weather or not to slap 3 plates on and go for deads since 275 got blown away last week. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm still a little upset about not finishing the 55's (curls) last 2 sets due to bicep pain. I will push myself to the max, but not when the injury outweighs the benefits. I know I could've done it, but wasn't risking a bad tear that would sit my ass down for a couple months. So therefore I don't know how 55 3x6 will go next week, but we'll see.

Tomorrow should look like this, 3x4:

Deadlift: 300-315??? suggestions????

Seated row: 295

Low-lat pulldown: 295

Loving seated rows and low lats ;) I've always done pretty well with them.

Now let's get down to the most pressing ?. I have always bent my knees some when doing deads, but found that straight legged deads I can perform much better (still strict form). I don't want to cause myself injury, bottom line. I know alot of ppl bend knees a little, I have alot and use same grip with both hands, no straps.

Well, I can't say that I do them without bending at all, I don't want to damage my knees. I guess I do them with minimal bending and feel no discomfort. Should I continue doing them that way? You guys are a big help. :)

I'm hungry and will eat lots of food now, salmon patties and homemade french fries, I know, not the best diet, but I need FOOD for how active I am! Talk to ya in a while.

SW
09-21-2004, 08:17 PM
I've decided I must eat more. That could be what's holding back some gains and may help.

SW
09-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Well today at lunch I'm gonna stuff myself and will tomorrow to see if I do any better fri. I think I need more sleep and more food. Who doesn't lol?

Side note: My dog just **** in the floor and I had to clean it up. Side note ended.

Damn I'm hungry right now. There's gonna be some cereal eaten here shortly. Whatever else I can find as well.

Thoughts on which way to do deads?^^ Bending my knees seems to slow me down.

galileo
09-22-2004, 06:31 AM
Galileo: What belt did you rise to? Why'd you quit? Anything usefull retained from it?

Second degree black belt.
Free time was a big issue for a while, but then I found some other styles (Muay Thai, Ju Jitsu) and I never looked backed.
I can still doing a jump spinning hook kick that'd take someone's head off. Does that count? I forgot most of the katas, but I retained all of the techniques.

SW
09-22-2004, 06:34 AM
Of course it counts. We just posted each other's journals at the exact same time. 2nd degree. How long did it take you to get to that?

SW
09-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Home from lifting, just spent over an hour working on the farm :( ,is teh suck.

Here's how it went, 3x4:

Deadlift: 300 @ medium high difficulty b/c of grip issues. I think I'm gonna use mixed grip from now on.

Low-lat pulldowns: 295 @ low difficulty. They get easier every time, it seems.

Seated boat rows: 295 @ medium low difficulty. Not hard at all. Managed to stuff a 25 with a pin in! You can hardly see the original weights lol.

This was a pretty decent session. Friday is squats and legpress. Should look something like this:

Legpress: 470

Of course, there will be the mandatory core exercises: crunches, bench leglifts, and russian twists.

galileo
09-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Of course it counts. We just posted each other's journals at the exact same time. 2nd degree. How long did it take you to get to that?

Well, I started when I was about 7, I'd say. I was a blackbelt at maybe 16? I didn't take it too serious until I was a teenager. My school held most of the state, a few national, and 5 international championships. Towards the end, money was tight for the sensei, so he ended up pimping us out as a demo team all over the place. I have scars all over my hands and arms from breaking cement blocks every week. One week 4 fell on my pointer finger and split my nail off and put a 2" cut down it. I wasn't allowed to show this, so I had to go straight to the nunchaku routine and bleed all over my white gi. That was fun. Anyhow, I moved up a bit over the next few years but lost interest. Went to college, started Muay Thai and Ju Jitsu, finished 80% of the belts in Kempo within 2 months (it's all the same...got bored), then did the same with Tang So Do. I also learned some Kali Escrima, which was really really fun. I trained in Illinois for a while with the Director of Muay Thai Association of America and his primary instructor for a bit, then moved. I'm on a break, but I plan on getting back into it pretty soon, I just need to heal my back up a bit. I have always considered keeping my weight down so I didn't have to compete with the super tall people from my weight class, but I'm not sure right now what my goals there are.

SW
09-23-2004, 03:58 PM
GAL: That's awesome. I had no idea you were so physically inclined.

I ate quite a bit today at lunch, a salad that covered my plate, juice, milk and a taco. I'm about to eat supper.

My traps are sore and so is the rest of my back. Tomorrow is leg day.

SW
09-24-2004, 05:42 AM
Last night I ate 2 medium steaks, mashed potatoes, 1 michelina microwavable deal, green beans and probably left out something. This morning I will eat another michelina (21gms protein) and eat another very large lunch with beefsticks included and see if I lift better today. If I do, I'll be doing somewhat of a controlled bulk with these protein rich and low fat foods.

BTW, I ate no fat on those steaks.

galileo
09-24-2004, 05:46 AM
I love controlled bulks.

SW
09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I lifted awesome today. Definitely going for some fat loss with controlled bulk, if that's possible. Now here's what went down today, 3x4:

Squat: 245 @ medium light difficulty
Legpress: I tried 495 but it was waaay to easy, so I slapped 6 plates on each side for 540 and did that. Even Josh's scrawny ass could push it up twice. 540 @ light medium difficulty. I coulda handled more. I do it pretty close too, the pin is set in like in I thonk the 4th hole, and that's got my knees about as close to me as I can get them without enlarging my ass.

Also did standing calf raises, situps, and bench leg lifts. No russian twists today as just below my pelvis some muscles like to decide to cramp up on my ass. It sucks.

Will go with slow, controlled bulk only to cause better strength gains.

Beast
09-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Nice leg day. You definitely want to control that bulk!

SW
09-24-2004, 10:52 PM
BEAST: Thankies on comment, and I'm gonna eat a bunch, it's just gonna be food that builds me up and almost completely exclude mainly fattening foods like ice cream :(

SW
09-26-2004, 06:27 PM
I moved heavy **** all weekend 8 hours a day and I think my arm session is gonna be shot tomorrow, but that never stopped anybody.

Here's what it should look like 3x6:
Bench: 235
Db curls: 55 last time I couldn't complete sets because of hurting bicep, let's see how it goes!

Anyway that's what should happen tomorrow if God's willing.

SW
09-27-2004, 12:23 PM
I will report back after I get home on arm and chest day.

Lol I just found out that my gf reads this now sometimes.

BIG C
09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Nice lifts. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Ğragons
09-27-2004, 02:02 PM
BEAST: Thankies on comment, and I'm gonna eat a bunch, it's just gonna be food that builds me up and almost completely exclude mainly fattening foods like ice cream :(

cant u get ice cream that is good for bulking tho ? :p

nice lifting btw

SW
09-27-2004, 04:14 PM
BIG C: Thanks alot
DRAGONS: Haven't heard from ya lately, and yes, it would bulk up my stomach quite nicely lol ;)

Today was supposed to be 3x6 but I cut down the sets to 2 because of the really hard work I did moving an entire housefull of stuff (this weekend), and the guy was a collector of all kinds of ****. Heavy **** lol

Bench: 235 got first set, then 3 on the other :(
Db curls: 55

Good workout today, not too much to complain about.

SW
09-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Next routine (in 2 weeks) I'll be doing 3x10 with 60-65% of my 1rm for muscle conditioning and compaction. Plus it's a huge change from all this heavy **** I've been doing lately ;)

I'll also be adding military press, also known as incline bench press, I THINK. I tried it and found that 3/4 of the way up, the weight I was doing (135 haha) suddenly got REALLY hard and I only got it 3-4 times. So I said " I have good bench power, but anything slightly over my head screws me up" so I've got to add it for shoulder strength to complement my arms and chest.

What you guys think of this stuff???

SW
09-28-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm also planning to max out sometime next month.

Beast
09-28-2004, 03:54 PM
Hmm how are military press and incline bench press the same thing? :confused:

SW
09-28-2004, 06:35 PM
See I've heard them called the same thing. That's why I'm cornfused. I'll call it incline bench to be safe :)

SW
09-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Today is back day. Will report on how it went after school.

IMPORTANT: I was supposed to go to 3x8 next week, but I can't wait for my next high volume, hypertrophy routine, the routine I started on, the one I got the strongest the fastest. So I'll finish this week out at 3x6, then go to hypertrophy training next week :) :) :) :thumbup: !

galileo
09-29-2004, 07:15 AM
235x6 is good for your age, fo shizzie. What do you think your bodyfat is like?

SW
09-29-2004, 04:41 PM
GAL: Thanks and last time I checked it was over 30%, but everyone, even doctors guess me alot lower, as in 15-20%. It's all in my belly. Will try to get measurement done this weekend.

Today was back day, and it was 3x6, here's how it went:

Deadlift: 300 @ moderate difficulty. Tore the **** outta my hands, ripped calouses off and made new ones.

Low-lat pulldowns: 295 @ light difficulty did them before I discovered I could fit a 35 in the place I had a 25 lol

Seated boat rows: 305 @ medium heavy difficulty lol this was after I discovered the above metioned thing.

Since I won't be able to lift tomorrow (going back to des moines to work this weekend and bowling league starts saturday) I will be lifting in P.E. for legs. Then next week burnout routine starts YES! I make my greatest gains on it.

Beast
09-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Damn, rowing as much as you deadlift? lol, your lats own.

Also, military press is when you're sitting straight up (shoulders). Incline bench press is when you're laying at a 45 degree angle (chest). :D

SW
09-29-2004, 05:59 PM
BEAST: Thanks for the /pwning comment :) Incline bench works shoulders more than flat bench doesn't it? That's the whole reason for me to do them. My arms are acceptable to me but my shoulders and delts lack somewhat in comparison. When I tried incline it felt like as soon as the weight went about 3/4 of the way up my shoulders came into play and I was dissapointed in their weakness :(

SW
09-30-2004, 05:17 AM
Holy ****. My ENTIRE back feels like I had a 3 hour non stop workout yesterday when it was not even 45mins. Lats not so bad but traps are hurting, should be fun in p.e. today when I lay the bar with 245 on and hope I don't end up crying lol.

SW
09-30-2004, 04:25 PM
I got screwed today.

I found out that the p.e. instructor lied and today was the last day of flag football, and next time is the start of lifting. So I don't get to lift legs this week. :( :(

Right after school friday I have to go straight to des moines, a 1 hour drive and stay with my mom and work. At least next week I'll be switching to the most fun routine I've ever done!

Here's how it should look, all weights lifted are working sets 3x10. When highschool bowling starts, Mon. and Wed.'s routines will be together, and I'll probaby only be doing 2x10, but we'll see.

Monday: arms/chest
Bench: 200
Incline bench: first time I'll ever be doing it so probably 115
Db press: 70
Tricep ext.: 140
Db curl: 40

Wed. back+ lats
Deadlift: 250
Low-lat pulldown: 305
Seated boat row: 295

Fri legs+abs+obliques
Squat: 225
Legpress: 540
Bench leg lifts: 1-2x20
Russian twists: 1-2x20
Crunches: 1-2x20

From previous experience this workout will kick my ass hard. But it's also the one I've seen the most gains on, and also the most fun. I should be reporting strong gains soon after I start, say 2-3 weeks, providing my diet stays good and plenty of rest is aquired.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS ROUTINE I won't cry if you don't like it lol

SW
10-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Any comments on this new routine??????????

SW
10-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Bastages....

Today I lifted a woodstove, if any of you have lifted one you feel my pain. I loaded it with my uncle and then unloaded it with him. What's cool is that I've always considered him stronger than me, but he was having a much more difficult time than me and I thought that was pretty cool. My only problem with it was it hurt my hands pretty bad. Otherwise I could've carried it a ways :)

BIG C
10-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Journal looking good Bro! Keep it up!

SW
10-03-2004, 07:22 AM
BIC C: Thanks man.

My back feels as though I've maxed out in deadlift for some reason. Does this make any sense? I mostly used my legs in lifting the woodstove. What's goin' on?

BTW my new routine starts tomorrow. If you think something may need changing, go ahead and tell me. Routine is posted a few posts up. :thumnup:

BIG C
10-03-2004, 09:15 AM
BIC C: Thanks man.

My back feels as though I've maxed out in deadlift for some reason. Does this make any sense? I mostly used my legs in lifting the woodstove. What's goin' on?

Probably just used some muscles you weren't used to using.

SW
10-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Probably right. It's hard to include all your muscles in a workout, and sometimes it bothers me knowing some muscles are like rock and other unknown ones are puny and very weak. :( lol

Beast
10-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Routine looks good to me!

SW
10-03-2004, 04:10 PM
BEAST: Thanks! I'm switchin' it up a bit and I think you'll like it!

I just picked my car up from teh shop and now I can drive to school soon because I'll have insurance on it! YES IT'S BEEN A WHILE! lol

Since I have bowling practice starting sometime in November after school on tuesdays and wednesdays, here's how it's gonna go starting sometime nov:

All exercises done 10x3 for working sets after warmup sets(s):

Monday: Leg/ab/oblique day
Atf squat 205 (don't laugh, it's my weakest area and I started it right before my summer "break". It WILL get better in a hurry, I'll see to it"
Legpress 540
Crunches 1x20
Bench leg lifts 1x20
Russian twists 1x20

Thursday: Arm/chest day
Bench 205
Incline bench hmm only did this once and found out that 3/4 of the way up it stopped lol cause bench doesn't strengthen you up that far! SO let's say 105...4 now
Db curl 45
Skull crushers (tired of cable tri ext.) never even TRIED this so lets say a 25 on each side (don't know how much the bar weighs, do u guys?) so probably 65 since I'll guess the bar at 15lbs.
Db press 70

Friday: Back day
Deadlift 275
Seated boat row 295
Low lat pulldown 305

Untill then: same workout, diff. days. Arms/chest on mon., leg abs obliques on fri. and back on wed.

This is the final routine for a while (thank God) and I think it's a damn good one cause I've given it lots of thought the past couple weeks. I can't wait to be 2 weeks in and start seeing good gains.

IF YOU'VE GOTTEN THIS FAR THANKS, it's a long ass (but necessary post) :thumbup:

BIG C
10-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Routine looks good!

SW
10-03-2004, 07:27 PM
BIG C: Thanks for readin' it lol. Glad somebody else likes it, it's gonna be kickass

Anybody know how much the bar used for skullcrushers weighs? Hah, that's ur guy's quiz for tonight, google away or something lol

BIG C
10-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Anybody know how much the bar used for skullcrushers weighs? Hah, that's ur guy's quiz for tonight, google away or something lol

I would say that would probably depend on which gym you use. I have been to different gyms, and they usually have different type bars.

SW
10-03-2004, 08:31 PM
**** my guess would be 15lbs. I'll ask the athletic director. He "might" know :rolleyes:

rookiebldr
10-03-2004, 09:49 PM
It's likely 15lbs. That seems to be the most prevalent.

SW
10-04-2004, 05:51 PM
JEFF: Yep I'll go with that. 15 it is! :thumbup:

Just had my workout and it was GREAT! I got that really hard tightness in my arms and chest I used to get, everything how it was when I last did this, so that leads me to believe tomorrow will be bad for anything touching my upper 1/4 of body lol. Teh pain is teh shiznit.

Here's how she went, 2x10 unless otherwise specified:

Bench: 205 @ high difficulty. Only finished 7 reps last set. Ugh....

Incline bench: 105 @ medium difficulty. I loved it, first time ever for doing it and it's kickass.

Db curl: 45 @ medium-high difficulty. It got done though.

Skullcrushers: 65 @ medium difficulty. This was also an awesome exercise (first time again)

Db press: 75 @ medium-high difficulty. First set I only did 8 reps. If you know me you know this made Nicholas angry, so I /pwned the next set.

Wow I liked this workout. Notice nothing was easy here, not by a longshot. I've always seen my best gains on this kind of routine, rapid ones, so lets see what happens!!!!!!!!

BIG C
10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Nice job on the skull crushers!

SW
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
BIG C: Thanks alot man they're pretty damned fun! Once I got them level with my head, they came up easy as ****, the problem was getting them there lol! It's a great exercise.

Man I did chores when I got home and that wasn't fun lol.

I worked out alone today :( Pussy partners lol

SW
10-05-2004, 05:41 AM
Curious thing here: when I did tricep extensions, my biggest/longest head of tricep hurt the next day. Now after doing skullcrushers, I feel like 1 or both of the other 2 hurt. Curious. Maybe I should do tricep ext. again and also skulls? Keep in mind I already do bench and incline bench. Well, should I?

SW
10-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Or could it be my longest head of tricep is just so much stronger than the other 2 it didn't get much of a workout?

Ğragons
10-05-2004, 07:15 AM
looking good in here kiddo, pussy partners, i know exactly how u feel :p

the bars are more than likely 15lbs too btw

BIG C
10-05-2004, 10:13 AM
What kind of chores you have to do?

SW
10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
DRAGONS: Thanks alot, one skipped school and the other had **** to do, not to mention I was the ONLY person in there that day.

BIG C: Lol whatever comes up on a farm. I carry 6-8 5 gallon buckets of water every night (just got done lol) about 150 feet from the hydrant to where I have to start to water :( sucks. I water dogs and a horse that's penned up. I hay the horses and give them and the chickens corn. Water chickens too.

Also tomorrow I have to unload 120 bushels of corn. AFTER back day lol. Anything that comes up, catching and holding 400lb steers while they're given a shot, chasing animals down (cows, horses, goats...) and building stuff (lots of that lately). All kinds a ****.

Tomorrow is back day, and it's gonna be cool. I'll be driving my car to school for the first time in 5 1/2 months :thumbup: Letcha know how she goes guys.

Mannequin
10-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Also tomorrow I have to unload 120 bushels of corn. AFTER back day lol. Anything that comes up, catching and holding 400lb steers while they're given a shot, chasing animals down (cows, horses, goats...) and building stuff (lots of that lately).

Yeah that's how my back day usually goes down, too

rookiebldr
10-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Growing up on the farm and giving the steers their shots. That's how you got so big! Been dipping into the shots, eh? ;)

Coke
10-06-2004, 06:43 AM
You are really down on the farm - strong stuff in here!

SW
10-06-2004, 05:12 PM
MANNEQUIN: Sucks, don't it?

JEFF: More than dipping ;)

COCOA: Thanks alot! It certainly set me up for lifting.

CLARIFICATION: Incline bench on mon was actually 115, not 105. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Today's workout, back. 2x10 all working sets on all exercises, kickass hypertrophy on just 2 sets, can't beat it!

Deadlift: 245 @ medium difficulty Crap.....

Low-lat pulldown: found yet another way to stuff weight on that poor stack lol 340 @ medium difficulty. Felt good to be challenged on it for once lol.

Seated boat row: 305 @ medium-high difficulty Felt really good!

Now I'm off to unload that 120 bushels of corn. I could've done back day tomorrow. I hate myself........

BIG C
10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
You really do have some chores! Sounds like a workout by itself!

SW
10-07-2004, 07:37 AM
CHAD: Yeah dude, but you get used to it. It's not that hard after a while.

My traps feel like they've never felt before, like I just worked them for the first time. I love it. They feel really good. I didn't wanna get up for school today lol. They feel ok 'till I raise my arms or move them backwards. It doesn't get better my friends.

BIG C
10-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Got to love being sore Bro!

SW
10-07-2004, 03:11 PM
CHAD:Oh yeah! It's all part of that great lifting experience!

Traps still killing :) . Good deal, means (to me) I've done something. I hurt after almost every workout, it's just how I am. Back is hurting too. Tomorrow be leg/oblique/ab day :) I can't wait to see how I feel sat. before I go bowling!

SW
10-07-2004, 03:25 PM
PROGRESS REPORT: At about the middle of the summer (not lifting during summer mind you) I measured arm with bicep flexed. It measured 17", I just measured again after lifting again for about 5 weeks and it's 17 1/2". The last routine I did was geared towards max growth. It worked. My body fat has went down all summer and my weight went from 250 at the start of the summer to 239 as of yesterday. It's just been dropping (bodyfat, since I've gotten slightly bigger and got my strength back).

That's part of the status report, boys and girls.

Beast
10-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Congrats! Geez, I wish I had 17.5" arms. :(

SW
10-08-2004, 08:38 AM
BEAST: Then I'll guess you'll have to settle for being stronger than me ;)

I just got home from school. I have sinus infection and have an appointment with a doctor at 2:30 today. God I feel ****ty. Workout went good though, I did it in 1st hour p.e. :) .

Leg day, 2x10

Squat: 225 @ medium-high difficulty.

Legpress: 5 plates per side, medium-high difficulty

I actually did decently, considering now I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Later guys.

SW
10-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I don't wanna go to the doctor! (whine) I just want to go to sleep. Sinus infection is teh suckanus. That's right, I made up the word suckanus. Deal with it.

BIG C
10-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Good job on legs. Hope you fell better Buddy!

Focused70
10-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Man! Everyone I know is sick.... :(

get well soon dude. nice legz session.

Stash

SW
10-08-2004, 05:55 PM
CHAD, SOBAADICT70: Thanks alot guys! I can't understand how I did well on legs, yet feel like a dog's ass. Oh well, I got sick last night, so it's not in full swing. I'm undergoing antibiotic therapy for 5 days (Hah! I love how I can twist the words "I'm takin' pills for it" !)

Tomorrow wakey time is 8:00. Gotta be at YABA league bowling at 10:00 (half hour drive to town you see, and probably chores before leave :( ) Damn I love to bowl! Last time I bowled a 225 and a 203, but since it was my first game for 4-5 months (haven't bowled since end of state competition last winter) My first game was a ****ty 140 something.

I will kick some ass (with my sick self) tomorrow in league. 3 200's to come!

I will do 2-3 sets of 10 calf raises tonight, and work on crunches and russian twists over weekend.

Hey Chad, did you get my email? Lol, sometimes ya gotta improvise. It is almost gaurenteed to work on my mom's kickass computer, I'll be there this weekend (1 hour drive north to des moines's suburb, Pleasant Hill)

To all who are interested and those of you who don't care, My mother is moving to Martinsdale, so It'll be only a 45 minute drive north now. I'm helping her move next weekend. I'm also working (that's why I'm going to pleasant hill). Talk at you guys later!

BIG C
10-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Oh No not chores again! LOL

Have fun on your trip!

SW
10-09-2004, 06:48 AM
CHAD: Yeah, I'll have fun, thanks. I feel even more sick today :( But I've had much worse. Fever got pretty high last night. DAMNED GERMS! My legs hurt nice and bad today lol so that's good. I'm about to go find out if I can bowl very well after the past 2 days. It's sinus infection, I get it often and severe during the winter. Oh yeah, almost forgot, DAMNED CHORES! Later guys

BIG C
10-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Legs a little sore here too.

SW
10-10-2004, 08:56 AM
Mine feel plenty better as of today. I have to go to work and I'm still pretty sick. I'm also quite hungry.

I saq FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS last night and my friend saw the inside of one of our friend's throat. Luckily the movie was a 5 star one, and I was able to distract myself. Go see it. Will report back tomorrow and let you guys know of my soon to come crappy arm/chest day.

SW
10-10-2004, 07:59 PM
I went to work and almost died after the only 6 1/2 hour shift. Really hard work and lazy co-workers combined with being quite sick made today teh suckoid.

I will go to bed sooooon.

Tomorrow won't be a 5 star lifitng session, let me tell you! But we all know it's going to be as close to one as sickly possible because that's how hard I'll try.

Tomorrow also is the first day of TAEK WON DO! **** yeah!

txterry
10-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Get well soon...

ryuage
10-11-2004, 05:32 AM
good luck with the taekwondo will.. and I know how it feels to have crappy ass co workers and pulling their load, believe me.

SW
10-11-2004, 06:30 PM
TXTERRY: Thanks man.

RYUAGE: Thanks and yeah I work with a load of'em.

I am still a sick ****, it's just not letting up. I'm a weak SOB right now too. I went into the weight room and it felt like the warmups were working weight so I just wasn't going to put myself through it, probably woulda done more damage than good.

I'm not doing TKD untill the END OF WINTER. WINTER HASN'T STARTED YET AND MY ****ING MOM AND GRANDPARENTS WON'T LET ME BECAUSE THEY DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND ALL THIS ****. THEY DESCRIBED SNOW STORMS THAT COULD ONLY HAPPEN IN THE MOVIES. I am super pissed! Baaaad mood.

Ğragons
10-11-2004, 07:34 PM
stop the whining ;)

get some lemsipand get to bed, then back to the gym :p

BIG C
10-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Hope you feel better Bro!

Just pop those lazy co-workers in the mouth! LOL

SW
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
DRAGONS: I'm about to go to bed directly.....

CHAD: Thanks man. I'd love to pop those bastards!

I went to school today, it was ok.

Tomorrow I wake up early and go to doctor to check on heart to make sure it's all good with new medication. :) I'm at mom's right now.

SW
10-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Goin' good with new bp medicine.

"You have a severe sinus infection," is what the doc who I was seeing about the bp said to me. He said that the antibiotics I took for 5 days (perscribed by regular doc) and that always work weren't nearly strong enough to take this down, so he perscribed some new meds, 400mg for 10 days! Wow, I didn't know it was that bad.

I won't be lifting the rest of the week :( Yes, I can hear the groans from the audience ;)

I was giving thought to my career and found www.ifpa-fitness.com and it's about what I want to do. What do you guys think? I'm thinking after highschool, get a 2 year degree in business at DMACC, Des Moines Area Community College, get certified, and then start personal training at a local gym. First I want to see what their preferences for hiring are. What do you guys think of all this???

SW
10-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Wow, feeling better today. I did some light squatting and benching in pe today.

BIG C
10-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Glad your feeling better Bro! :thumbup:

Beast
10-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Sounds good. Just make sure it's really what you want to do.

SW
10-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah I've been thinking about it alot guys. I'm feeling better and will lift tomorrow. I think it would work out well.

SW
10-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Didn't lift mon. I just felt like crap too much, plus my partners were gone and i couldn't find anyone to open the weightroom (regular guy was busy). SO I just said **** it. I slept ALOT yesterday and last night and feel quite alive today. I'm expecting a good lifting session today.

BIG C
10-19-2004, 05:43 AM
Hit it today Bro! Took off yesterday too!

Focused70
10-19-2004, 09:23 AM
I hear you man.

I'm getting over a cold myself. Antibiotics and a liquid diet help. :) Unfortunately now I'm at work and I just want to crawl into bed and sleep...

Good luckage.

Stash

SW
10-19-2004, 09:38 AM
I just lifted in p.e. and things went well. Didn't get everything done though so I'll be going in after school too to finish things off. All sets done 2x10, still recovering from sickness.

Bench: 205
Incline bench: 115 haven't progressed for ****.

That's all I got through. Too many good looking girls in there, got distracted.

Mannequin
10-19-2004, 10:16 AM

You've been sick. I assume incline wouldn't increase unless it was some super infection. Girls=good motivation. :nod: <-doesnt look like you need it though. Workin out when you're sick?? Hardcore

Wikked1
10-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Bench: 205
AT LEAST you got a GOOD EXCUSE!

SW
10-19-2004, 04:45 PM
Manequin: Yeah, still taking pills but over it for the most part. Did fairly well on bench though, of course I didn't have much energy after that (spent lol). Girls.....yep.

Wikked1: LMAO yeah things are almost always excusable with them my man!

No teacher to open weightroom today so I couldn't lift! (*&^^%^&*(^$%#$@!@ I'm mad now. The first day I felt like I could drag myself in there and this. Bastages. Partners were there though lol :)

BIG C
10-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Good job on bench, after being sick! Hot! Girls!! Distractions!!

SW
10-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Thanks man. I know! They run around, that's distracting for one thing because of their short shorts. Then they hop on a bike or EACH OTHER. No ****. They have a helluva time doing situps and **** like that. Maybe I should teach them.....and THEN fall down.

SW
10-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Well after school I was able to finish off arms, looks like legs and back will be on friday.

Today, 2x10
Db curl: 45@medium difficulty
Tricep ext.: 140@medium difficulty
Skullcrushers: 65@medium difficulty

Felt good. 2 more days of sickness pills, and I feel 75% right now. Can't wait for full comeback, SOON.

BIG C
10-21-2004, 04:09 AM
Short Shorts!!! :omg: LOL

SW
10-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Lol yep. Highschool can be good for something I guess lol

BIG C
10-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Lol yep. Highschool can be good for something I guess lol

LOL

Where's the workout?

Wikked1
10-22-2004, 11:03 AM
SHORT SHORTS :drooling: Oh geez man where ARE the workouts this thing looks more like a pimp diary! :p

SW
10-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Well guys, homecoming bit me in the ass. We got out at 1:25 and that means nobody to open weightroom. I was a little pissed i.e. cussed for 10 minutes.

So THIS means that I haven't worked legs for 2 weeks!!!!!! Damn ****. ****s some things up in my book. I'm over being sick, thank God. That **** about had me down lol.

I unloaded lots of corn with a 5 gallon bucket, back hurt the next day if that helps.

Getting that wierd, disturbed feeling of not having been in the weightroom for too long, getting grumpy. Monday should be an all out assault on the weightroom, bet on it.

SW
10-23-2004, 03:22 PM
I work mon and tues. Does it never end?

Focused70
10-23-2004, 03:34 PM
if it helps, I won't be able to work wheelz for over a month. check out my journal to see why.

I might end up doing crunches or other direct ab work this weekend to keep myself from going insane.

Stash

BIG C
10-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Hope everything goes well.

I am sure you will find the time to hit the gym!

SW
10-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Work. 15 hours. Kickass physical strain though. I just bought Georiga work boots, supposed to be some comfortable ****, better be for $90.00!

I will workout tomorrow, I couldn't wednesday because bowling tryouts were after school directly and I couldn't lift! I couldn't sleep very well last night. It's getting to the point where I have trouble thinking of other things than lifting, it's been almost 3 WEEKS since I've lifted now, 2 were from sickness, this last one from being a busy working mofo.

Bowling practice starts the 16th and coon hunting starts the 6th, I'll be busy as ****. Good money on coon this year though, 15$ for a medium one, 20 for a pretty damn good one.

I'm selling my old ball for 70$ to a friend, and buying a top of the line storm for 170$. Gonna be the **** tomorrow lifiting, no split will be considered, hitting EVERYTHING.

SW
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Well, as you may have guessed by now, life bites me in the ass when it comes to lifting. The person who was supposed to open up the weightroom today didin't show. I feel like an idiot because i tell you guys I"m gonna lift and then have to come back and tell you what happened. I'm finding that teacher monday and having a talk. Grrr..

Ğragons
10-29-2004, 04:25 PM
seems like a lot of moaning here :p

SW
10-30-2004, 06:52 AM
LOl I know but I'm giving it my damndest

BIG C
10-30-2004, 10:31 AM
You just need to break that gym door down!!

Beast
10-31-2004, 10:55 AM
Damn, I hate it when the gym person doesn't show up.

SW
10-31-2004, 01:00 PM
Lol I threw a metal bench at the doors during the summer when the promised person didn't show up for the 10th time. Then I felt better and left :) .

Sucks but I've got to deal with it. Lots of farm work helps hehehe.

rookiebldr
10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
yeah it does suck however, it sounds like there is a lot of farm work to make up for it. You'll get in the gym sooner or later.

SW
11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Yep Jeff I did today. YES! After 3 weeks off ( 2 from being sick, 1 from other **** ) I didn't lose an ounce of strength! I didn't do any sort of routine, I just went in there and hit my 3 favorite lifts! All listed weights 2x10.

Bench: 205@medium difficulty

Squat: 225@medium difficulty

Low-lat pulldown: 340@medium difficulty

I think I actually increased in squat! Made me feel pretty good. Low-lat pulldown is stack + 2 45's and 2 35's, can't pin anymore on either side. Damned stack only goes to 180. I've been eating well and was in a good mood when I went in. I had a friend to spot me, great stuff. It was a pretty good, half assed session lol ;)

Ğragons
11-01-2004, 04:23 PM
way to go, good work on the strength maintenance ;p even tho u didnt do anything hehe :P

SW
11-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Smartass....;)

SW
11-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah and I'm about to eat a 6 inch sub. God I'm hungry!

SW
11-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Hurtin' like hell today. God I hope Bush wins. That's about it lol.

BIG C
11-02-2004, 10:43 PM
:thumbup: BUSH :thumbup:

SW
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
YES 4 MORE YEARS! NO RUIN FOR MY COUNTRY FROM KERRY AND THE NAACP FINALLY INFILTRATING THE GOVORNMENT! **** YEAH!

I was up till 3 this morning watching the election.Kerry is a man in conceding when he could've dragged it out only for the same result 1 month from now. 5 hrs sleep.

Not doing anything particular in the order of routines this week, just taking it easy but lifting like hell. 2x10 again today, as usual.

Db curl: 45@moderate difficulty

Tricep extension: 140@low difficulty, gonna increase definitely next week (so will everything Yes!)

Db press: 75@low-moderate difficulty goin' to 85 next week, damn right!

Good session today, even with less sleep lol. But I did do 315x3 on hex bar with a friend and also E-Z curl with him as well, so he could have a spotter and a lifting partner today. I did 75 (lol) on the EZ and it was easy. We went in sets, I did 1 rep, he did 2, I did 3 etc till 7, then went back down the same way. This was after Db curl and it was almost completely a cinch.

Weights def. goin' up next week! Looking foreward to friday!

NOTE: I do believe that since I was already hurting pretty bad (from squats on mon) and did hex bar anyway that I pulled slightly or strained my left hammie. Nothng serious, I just stretched and it felt better. Still stiff though. Will report on it tomorrow. Later guys.

SW
11-03-2004, 04:57 PM
1 more thing. Deads piss me off because they are mainly for legs, I already do standing calf raises, atf squats, AND legpress. I'm thinking of going to either pullups (preferably) or an exercise an older friend told me about. I'll describe it as accurately as I can for you, plz try to identify it:

You sit on a bench (but still inside a squat rack), sideways. You place the bar on your back squat-style. You lean foreward close to the bar touching the safety bars on the rack. You lean back up. Repeat. I was told this is a good back exercise. I want a stronger back and don't want to work legs over and over with leg day AND back day (on which I currently have deads). In all, I want to replace the dead with a more back targeting exercise.

Suggestions? Can you identify this exercise? Should I do both it and pullups? Thanks guys.

SW
11-04-2004, 06:19 AM
My ham is not hurt at all. I think I just gave it a good torque when I shouldn't have. Still nobody knows what that exercise is called?

Ğragons
11-04-2004, 12:16 PM
yeah i was actually wanting bush to win and my vote doesnt count coz im english :p

but should let him finish what he's started, 4 years isnt a long time for him to kick out terrorism completely.

SW
11-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Then vote for Blair DRAGONS. :) Kickass.

Nobody knows what exercise is afore mentioned about 3 posts up? :(

SW
11-04-2004, 10:34 PM
On Jeff's journal he called it bent over barbells I think. SO that's what it'll be I think boys. It will supplement deads now guys. I'm dropping seated boat rows on back day now, so that'll leave me with deads, bent over barbells, and low-lat pulldowns. What you guys think of dat huh huh?????????///// ;)

SW
11-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I will also drop legpress in favor of what maki wrote about in his article, the split squat or lunge. I will be doing exactly what it has in the picture. So that makes leg day squat and split squat :) ****ing right! It's gonna rock, and let's not forget the Oooona sandwiches and wraps I'll be eating every day form now on after school!

SW
11-05-2004, 05:10 PM
MMM tuna is great! I just need fresh ideas on how to eat tuna wraps, as I ate 2 tuna sandwiches with nothing but 2 pieces of bread eaches, bland :( .

Pimpin' workout today ;) All 2x10

Deadlift: 285@high difficulty. First set x7, 2nd x5, 3rd x4. Not too bad, but I wanted 2x10 on them pretty bad. It WILL happen. ****, maybe next week. Back hurts like hell right now, which will tide me over 'till then.

Incline bench: 135@low difficulty. I started this and have done it for maybe 3 sessions, already moved up 20lbs. It'll be 145 Next time :) .

Split squats as specified in Maki's article: First time I've ever tried this ****, and it's good. Targets glutes to beat hell. 1st set 135x10. Bah, I thought to myself. 2nd set, 185x10 heh heh getting harder. Was short on time but it feels good.

Overall I got in all exercises this week, maybe change up split some next week. I lifted today, got a haircut, and tomorrow I'm going to Des Moines (45 min. north as I live in S. Iowa) with other members of the varsity squad and coach to pick up my brand new $170.00 bowling ball :thumbup: ****ing right, bowling is my 2nd favorite hobby, next to powerlifting :) .

SW
11-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Getting ready to go to Des Moines.

CONDITION: OW! Lol. From the bottom of my neck to the base of my spine, all muscle in between, traps, everything, hurt like hell today. I kicked some ass in deads yesterday according to my back. Can't feel where I did incline bench at all. I also can't feel where split squats helped me :( Dammit, I'm bumpin' up the weight on that too.

sidney
11-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I think that exercise you described is a seated good morning

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBBentKneeGoodMorning.html

Like this but seated.

Good journal by the way.
Our workouts are very similar.

rookiebldr
11-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I hope it's a good hurt and if it is then ****ing ace! :d

SW
11-06-2004, 05:25 PM
SID: Welcome to my journal :) .

JEFF: Ace as Hell bud!

BIG C
11-07-2004, 08:07 AM
Great job on the deads Bro! :thumbup:

Keep hitting it!!

SW
11-07-2004, 11:48 AM
SID: Just got the time to check out that link, thanks dude. That's exactly what I was talking about, exept seated, but I think that standing works well too. It said to allow time for adaptation and increase weight and volume slowly. Back feels alot better today :)

SW
11-07-2004, 05:38 PM
I've stuck with this routine for a while and have seen some good gains recently. I don't want to change sets or reps, but rather my split. All still 2x10

Pick this apart guys :)
Monday: Bench, Deadlift, Squat (I have a thread on this in the bodybuilding forum, probably gonna switch deads and squat order every other time) I really do think I can handle it and want a good challenge such as this.

Wednesday: Db press, Db curl, Low-lat pulldown, standing calf raises with barbell on shoulders.

Friday: Tricep ext., Skull crusher, Bent knee good mornings, Incline bench, some crunches, russian twists, and bench leg lifts.

Pick it apart guys, I know you've got suggestions and little hesitation ;) . Add or subtract exercises, let's see.........

SW
11-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Oh yeah and the point of it is of course max strength, also to spread out my muscle group all throughout the week to shock some **** in my body :) .

Beast
11-07-2004, 06:23 PM
My lower back would fly out if I did DLs and squats on the same day, personally. Try it out and see if you can handle it. I think it would be better to spread out that first day over the week. It would be really ****ing tough to do the big 3 all on one day.

Canadian Crippler
11-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Droppin by for the first time, :spam:

Good job on those deads 2 days back!

mattburns
11-08-2004, 06:40 AM
you nutter doing the BIg 3 on one day, im looking forward to see how u do cos im always nackered after doing either one of these :p

things are lookin good in here youre a big lad :)

Maki Riddington
11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
superior_will
Pick this apart guys :)

Ask and ye shall recieve.;)

Day 1
Monday: Bench, Deadlift, Squat

This can be your max day. As mentioned in your other thread, rotate the order of the squats and deads each week. That way both lifts are getting equal attention. Now if one is needs to play catch up then place it first for a while until it has caught up or you've made substantial progress.

Keep your reps low. I'd work on a singles, doubes and triples. All sub max, never to failure. Remember, for strength gains, you want to minimize neural fatigue. Set wise, slowly increase your volume. There's a number of ways you can do this, but if you start with 5 sets, that will suffice. However, this will mean that either the deadlift or the squat (depending on which comes first) volume will have to be lowered. Trying to do 5 sets of sub max singles, doubles or triples for both movements is a bit excessive imo.

Wednesday: Db press, Db curl, Low-lat pulldown, standing calf raises with barbell on shoulders.

This is how I'd organize this day.

Flat DB Press, Lat Pulldown (close underhand grip), Close Grip Bench Press, Military Press, Standing Calf Raises with barbell on shoulders.

Use a 6-8 rep range with 2-3 sets per body part making sure to lift submaximally.

Friday: Tricep ext., Skull Crusher, Bent knee good mornings, Incline bench, some crunches, russian twists, and bench leg lifts.

This day would look like this:

Incline Bench, Good Mornings, Seated Cable Row (or some variation), Split Squats, Crunches, Russian Twists.

Use a 8 rep range with 2 sets per body part making sure to lift submaximally. You can do more set for the abs if you like.

Keep in mind that this is an example of what I'd suggest if I had to change your routine. If I had it my way, I'd structure your workouts into an upper/lower split.

Frequency is key, and for natural and assisted lifters, I feel in my experience that this type of routine will have the greatest effect on your body in terms of growth and strength gains.

rookiebldr
11-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Excellent post maki.

SW
11-08-2004, 09:23 PM
MATT, BEAST, CANADIAN: Thanks for your comments guys.

MAKI: Thanks for dropping by! I noticed you only have cg bench in there and not conventional flat bench. I will base this closely to what you suggested:

Mon: Sets 1x3, increase weight 1x2, increase weight 1x1, the last being somewhere very close to 90% of 1rm. Squat, Dead, Bench. That will be a heavy day :)

Wed: 3x6, Cg bench (never did it or reg. lat pulldowns before), Db press, Lat pulldown, Standing calf w/ bb.

Fri: 3x6, Incline Bench, Good mornings, Seated cable row, Split squat, Crunches, Russian twists, Bench leg lifts (that's what I call laying on the bench and griping the bar, then doing full ROM leg lifts, nice for lower abs and stretching hams)

Weigh in on this one please guys.

TODAY: Well I had limited time so I kept it short to the Bench and Squat. 2x10

Bench: 215@medium difficulty. I only got to 8 reps the second set, but the first was easy. So then I came back 3 min. later and pushed out 2 more :)

Squat: 230@light difficulty. I also didn't go quite atf on half of them hehe.

BIG C
11-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Nice job on bench and squat!

SW
11-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks Chad :) I ate at mcdonald's again today *ducks* lol. I can't work out tomorrow because we get off early and don't have school thurs. or fri. It's teh suckage. I don't need a break at all.

SW
11-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Something unusual happened today. I usually hurt at least minorly after a workout. I know I did a good job yesterday and both bench and squat were 5 lbs heavier than previous workouts. I don't hurt in the least, at all. No muscle fatigue at all. Put that in your pipe and smoke it ;) I don't understand it at all: More weight, same reps, 0 pain later that has been there every other time. Anybody else have this happen???

SW
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Oh and I'm increasing weight on EVERYTHING next week :)

mattburns
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
aye its happened to me DOMS dont always happen and aren't always a sign of growth.

tuttut mcdonalds. and you should count yourself lucky having no school thur and fri, im guessing you use their gym so maybe that is a pain in the ***. :(

SW
11-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes sir, pain in teh ass.

SW
11-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm sick as **** right now and it's strep throat. I feel all ****ed over. I have terrible muscle pains and my right tonsil kills, plus my fever. That's the report for today lol. Pretty sad. I'm taking antibiotics for it tomorrow and should be over it in a few days. Probably won't lift monday. Also fewer posts till then.

mattburns
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
drink plenty, rest loadss. hope you get better soon :)

SW
11-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks buddy :) I went to doc he said yeah it's strep and yeah, I'm also quite ****ed up. Gave me about 20 horse pills I have to break in half to get down my tortured throat lol. I won't go to school tomorrow, it'd be useless. I'd fall asleep, wouldn't lift worth ****, and get everyone else sick. My best friend was with me all weekend, and he said he had a sore throat before he left, hehehehe.

SW
11-15-2004, 05:59 AM
Home from school today. Grandpa didn't make a big deal out of it, he knows I'm sick and won't have it. I'm trying to get ahold of my aunt's digital camera to get some pictures on here. I'm not cut in any sense of the word, but mass and strength are nice right now.

SW
11-15-2004, 02:17 PM
The pills are lessening my tonsil swelling, so I can eat fairly comfortably now.

SW
11-15-2004, 07:28 PM
As of this week my lifting schedule officially goes to mon, thurs and fri due to bowling practice after school tues and wed from now on. Wonder how this will affect my split...... just look on my split above and put wed schedule on thurs :) cut and paste baby! I like the 2 days rest after the Big 3 on mon.

SW
11-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Here's the deal: Our faggot athletic director has decided to (again) instate the rule that only ppl in track and football and wrestleing can lift after school in the weightroom on mondays. I have to go to bowling practice every day tues and wed. Last year I dealt with this by saying **** him and going in there anyway.

So that's what I'm going to do but if I'm not able to pull it off I will go to a 2 DAY, UPPER LOWER SPLIT. Thurs and fri. So fellas, if you would be so kind, maybe some of you will take my above exercises (post #227) and since I know that some of you would have prefered me to do a 2 day upper-lower split, maybe you could suggest one. Maybe. I hate to ask you this because I'd hate to answer it myself.

SW
11-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Now that ******ed rule has been expanded to thurdays, the days I was going to lift. That's just a little part of my extremely ****ty day!

So now if I want to lift I'll have to come in in the mornings. I live 1/2 hour away from school. This will suck ass. I think it opens at 6am. Next week, unless some other bright and cheery thing ****s me over, I'll start lifting in the mornings. 2 day split. I'll post the routine sometime later.

mattburns
11-18-2004, 11:31 AM
thats ******** about the gym mate, sort em out. maybe try appealing to the sports dept to let you use it.

SW
11-18-2004, 03:13 PM
I have bowling after school 2 days per week, niether of which are days I can't lift anyway so that's 4 I can't lift. 4. I'm going to start coming in in the mornings, 2 days per week. Should have that split up here sometime tonight.

SW
11-18-2004, 05:40 PM
And here she is boys:
UPPER
Day 1/wed morning, haven't lifted mornings before

Bench: 90% 1rm 2x3 (hopefully)
Deadlift: 90% 1rm 2x3
Rest of sets and reps 3x6
Cg bench
Db press
Db curl
Lat pulldown
Tricep ext.
Good morning

LOWER
Day 2/fri morning

ATF Squat 90% of 1rm 2x3
Split squat
Standing calf raise with bb
Leg press
Crunches
Russian twists

WEIGH IN FELLAS :) :strong:

SW
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Because of thanksgiving next week school is not in on thurs and fri so I'll lift tomorrow after school and probably tues morning, for sure 1 time next week, this routine. What do you guys think?

SW
11-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Will post results of first workout tomorrow. This looks like a really good routine for me to me :)

SW
11-19-2004, 05:16 PM
HARDCORE WORKOUT

Upper today, I didn't do db press because I couldn't attach the last weight 'cause it wouldn't fit. Next time I'm bringing in duct tape to rig that **** up. I also added seated rows back in and took out low lat pulldown (couldn't add more weight if I wanted to on that, had it rigged up in the first place and could do 2 sets of 10 so wasn't worth doing as it didn't fit in).

Bench: 265@ high difficulty. First set I got 2x3, last rep assisted. Second set 2x2, but easier. Goal with bench and deads today was 2x3, 90% 1rm. I was almost mad until I remembered that my last routine encouraged tone and not much strength. So in a couple of weeks it should be back to pl mode :) .

Deadlift: 325@medium difficulty. Also 2x3 Form was bad on first set, as a friend pointed out. I let my shoulders hunch down and foreward. Didn't do that 2nd set and it was alot easier :) .

All rest 3x6
CG Bench: 185@medium difficulty. First time ever doing it and I liked it.

Good mornings: 115@Light difficulty. First time. Started off easy as advised.

Lat pulldown: 270@medium difficulty.

Tricep ext.: 180@high difficulty. I was exhausted by this point.

Db curl: 50@High difficulty. Teh suckage. Only did 2 sets on principal, I hate it.

Had ordeal trying to fix damned db's for db press, failed. Duct tape will be used.

Seated boat rows: 305@high difficulty. Felt really good.

That was the workout guys. Felt really good and I sweated like Hell.

SW
11-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Let's just put it this way: I hurt like Hell all over the place I worked yesterday. Wow. Teh worst. :) :) though.

SW
11-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Only muscles still sore are traps. I should mention that every weekend I trap for 4-5 hours, skin, then go hunting at night. When I hunt for coon I get about 2-3 hours of cardio carrying coon through creeks, up banks, through muddy fields for a couple of miles sometimes. It's great cardio but may slow down muscle building due to cortisol after the 45 min. mark of good cardio comes around. I hunt every night.

ryuage
11-21-2004, 01:31 PM
great workout will... I've never been hunting, but I might try it some day :)