PDA

View Full Version : can i do anything about being anorexic?

okjacklim
08-08-2004, 01:26 PM
hi, i am a 20 year old student, 6 ft, 182cm ht and 50kg, tall and skinny...
i tried bulking up by eating a lot of food, however, there seems so be a certain threshold that i cannot cross. i seem to puke if i carry on eating.. from what i gather over the internet, i figure that i might be anorexic .. does anyone know how i can overcome it?

would mass-eating junkies like mcdonald's double cheeseburgers help?

rgds,
jack

Ğragons
08-08-2004, 01:49 PM
not iff u wanna put a load of useless fat on.

isnt anarexic where u miss meals... but stash other stuff then eat it and make yourself sick?

or is that smet else ;p

Conor
08-08-2004, 01:53 PM
That sounds more like bullemia. With bullemia, you voluntarily vomit because you have a mental illness which makes you feel guilty for eating "unhealthy", "fattening", or just too much food in general. If you're not vomitting voluntarily I would see a doctor stat because that good be something serious, or maybe as minor as lactose intolerant. Either way, if you're trying to bulk, eat healthy bulking food and not just junk food. There's stuff all over this site that lists what kinds of bulking foods you wanna eat while putting on muscle because I'm sure you don't wanna just get obese.

IdaMAN
08-08-2004, 01:56 PM

isnt anarexic where u miss meals... but stash other stuff then eat it and make yourself sick?

or is that smet else ;p

Anorexia is a prolonged disorder of eating due to loss of appetite. Bulimia is what you are referring to.

Ğragons
08-08-2004, 01:57 PM
ah ok i see

edge-man
08-08-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure anorexia is where you THINK you are overweight, but in fact you are unhealthily under-weight. The opposite of anorexia is something called bigorexia. Bodybuilders are common sufferers, when they look in the mirror they THINK they are not large enough, even though they may be monstrous compared to an average adult.

Back to your problem. I don't think there is a single person on this planet that cannot gain weight. You need to be eating the RIGHT foods and obtaining in excess of your maintenance caloric intake. Your maintainence depends on your lifestyle and metabolism, obviously you require rather a high caloric intake to gain mass. Stuffing your face full of crisps is possibly THE worst thing you could do, that way you will die before you see your grand-children. Have a browse through the Nutrition forum on this board for recipies and types of food you should be looking for...

Most importantly, convince YOURSELF that you can put on weight, and you will. Good luck buddy

IdaMAN
08-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Actually, it is "Anorexia Nervosa" where you THINK you are overweight. I was "Anorexic" ("Anorexia"The uncontrolled lack or loss of the appetite for food) when i was very young and just didn't ever want to eat. The doctors just didn't know why i wouldn't eat and when i did eat most foods, I felt sick or wanted to puke.

edge-man
08-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the info, I thought they were the same thing, I often have interchanged the terms anorexia nervosa and anorexic. Cheers.

thetopdog
08-08-2004, 02:38 PM

This isn't true, you can gain a good deal of lbm from eating double cheesburgers. Of course, it's not the healthiest way, but he seems like he really just needs to put some weight on, and eating cleanly should not be his largest concern right now

Vido
08-08-2004, 02:51 PM
This isn't true, you can gain a good deal of lbm from eating double cheesburgers. Of course, it's not the healthiest way, but he seems like he really just needs to put some weight on, and eating cleanly should not be his largest concern right now

:withstupi

body
08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
hi, i am a 20 year old student, 6 ft, 182cm ht and 50kg, tall and skinny...
i tried bulking up by eating a lot of food, however, there seems so be a certain threshold that i cannot cross. i seem to puke if i carry on eating.. from what i gather over the internet, i figure that i might be anorexic .. does anyone know how i can overcome it?

would mass-eating junkies like mcdonald's double cheeseburgers help?

rgds,
jack

if your eating as much as you say you are. your not aneroxic. underweight yes.
though it does depend on how you define aneroxia
in the way most people assume the disease to be know.

some people define it being 30% less than your ideal(for oyu body weight).

Are you makign yourself sick by putitng finger down throat? or just as you eat to much?

IdaMAN
08-08-2004, 04:52 PM
I think it is pretty clear that he is eating so much at once that he is getting sick. Eat more meals and don't eat so much in one meal but spreade it out throughout the day. You don't sound Anorexic to me. I didn't like eating any food other then one thing and i could only eat very little of that. I had no desire to eat what so ever.

Feminator
08-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Eat 3000 calories a day involving plenty of meat and vegetables and look around the site for a workout, this will solve the problem.

Canadian Crippler
08-08-2004, 08:03 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Anorexia is where you are just severely underweight. If you think you are overweight, and are scared to eat, this is just an eating disorder. It can LEAD to Anorexia. However, to be considered Anorexic one must actually cross that line of being severely underweight.

I would suggest just slowly upping your diet every week or so. Eat 100-200 cals more every integer, and eventaully it should feel "normal".

Jabberwocky
08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Eat foods that are extremely painful to throw up. If it is burny,scratchy or just plain bad tasting (worse than icecream vomit) you are on the right track. Are you binging/purging? Do you throw up involuntarily or are you inducing it yourself? In highschool I was bullimic back when I weighed like 110 and I am now at 260 prev. 310 lol.

okjacklim
08-08-2004, 10:33 PM
thanks for all your comments,

i tend to vomit involuntarily after i eat a certain amount, and i know for certain that i am grossly underweight, so i doubt it is psychological..

i think i'd go ahead with the dbl cheese for a week or two and will post my results back then.. =)

i'd try out a healthier diet/exercise after i gain another 10kg (or 22pounds)..

thks once again! ur comments are greatly appreciated!

rgds,
jack

thetopdog
08-09-2004, 07:36 AM
thanks for all your comments,

i tend to vomit involuntarily after i eat a certain amount, and i know for certain that i am grossly underweight, so i doubt it is psychological..

i think i'd go ahead with the dbl cheese for a week or two and will post my results back then.. =)

i'd try out a healthier diet/exercise after i gain another 10kg (or 22pounds)..

thks once again! ur comments are greatly appreciated!

rgds,
jack

Just eat what you like, eat as much as you can handle without feeling sick, and try to gradually increase the amount of food you're eating as you get accustomed to more food

This is important though-It will take more than "a week or two" to see results, so keep at it and don't get discoruaged.

BulkMeUp
08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Just eat what you like, eat as much as you can handle without feeling sick, and try to gradually increase the amount of food you're eating as you get accustomed to more food

This is important though-It will take more than "a week or two" to see results, so keep at it and don't get discoruaged.
I agree. At this point you could eat whatever u please. Try and spread it out into more than just 3 meals. Dont go out and stuff yourself until you are sick but gradually increase the amount over a period of time.