PDA

View Full Version : How does my cycle diet looks like

Davy
08-08-2004, 02:28 PM
Gonna hit my cycle beginning of september so i already made me a sample diet i can follow , gonna make some more to throw in some variation.

Diet is listed under august 8th.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Davy

I will adjust the daily cals when the weeks pass so i have a steady and constant weight gain with minimum fat gain.

Critics welcome.

Jasonl
08-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Fat looks low.

What's your bw?

Vido
08-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Things everyone will/should tell you: calories and protein are too low

In addition, I personally feel the fat is far too low and the carbs are way too high, but everyone will have their own opinion on this.

Davy
08-09-2004, 01:39 AM
Im gaining weight very quick so i'ill start out with this amount of calories (3000).

Its a 40/40/20 split so there's not too much carbs and enough proteins in it no ?

Vido
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Forget calorie ratios, they're not important at all. First comes protein, then your fats (especially EFA's), and then you get the balance of your calories from carbs. On a cycle you'd probably want to aim for at least 2g protein/lb bodyweight, and a MINIMUM of 100g fat. Do the calculations and this means you're already at 3000 calories. If you want to include carbs then you're going to have to increase your calories...period.

Jasonl
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Forget calorie ratios, they're not important at all. First comes protein, then your fats (especially EFA's), and then you get the balance of your calories from carbs. On a cycle you'd probably want to aim for at least 2g protein/lb bodyweight, and a MINIMUM of 100g fat. Do the calculations and this means you're already at 3000 calories. If you want to include carbs then you're going to have to increase your calories...period.
Exactly.

Steroids increase protein synthesis, so do the math. On cycle+more protein=bigger

Davy
08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Exactly.

Steroids increase protein synthesis, so do the math. On cycle+more protein=bigger

Euuuhhmm already knew that , im not that uneducated :bash:

Maybe some suggestion would be better then this kinda of reply.

Anthony
08-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I personally feel your calories are low, but if you're gaining at a decent rate I don't see much point in adding more.

Vido
08-09-2004, 05:26 PM

He was telling you why you should be increasing your protein intake. It wasn't a suggestion, but it was a valid point.

Jasonl
08-09-2004, 05:50 PM

Thanks Vido.

As stated in my FIRST post, your fat is low. Call me crazy, but that seems like a suggestion to me. :bang:

Davy
08-10-2004, 02:51 AM
Sorry about that Jasonl , i overlooked the first post.

Gonna up the fat intake with some more olive oil(or some nuts) and throw in some low fat cheese , that adds to my fat and proteine totals (and overal calories also).

restless
08-10-2004, 03:17 AM
I'd up the protein to 1.5-2 grs per pound of BW. It's more important than fat intake, EFA's aside.

Vido
08-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Gonna up the fat intake with some more olive oil(or some nuts) and throw in some low fat cheese , that adds to my fat and proteine totals (and overal calories also).

You're getting there, but you're being stubborn about the carbs. Given your calorie level (and I'd say the same until you hit about 4000+ calories) you have very little room in that diet for carbs, nevermind 300g of them.

Adding olive oil is a good idea...that will get your fat total up. Now, you need to add more protein (be it from whole food or shakes, whatever gets that total up).

If you even think about using the excuse that protein is more expensive than carbs and you're on a tight budget, just stop in your tracks because you shouldn't be spending your money on gear then.