PDA

View Full Version : Bulking pics

skinny no more
08-08-2004, 07:50 PM
What bodyfat % do you guys think I am at? Does it really look like I weigh 160 pounds at 6 feet tall or less. By looking at the pics I need to gain a lot of mass, what do you guys think. Its just taking so long, sometimes I think I am not working hard enough. :strong: :confused:

Max-Mex
08-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Maybe your not eating hard enough.

Saint Patrick
08-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Does it really look like I weigh 160 pounds at 6 feet tall or less.

Yes it does. 160lbs isn't that big at all.

And yeah, you're probably not eating enough.

skinny no more
08-08-2004, 08:14 PM
i feel so behind!!! HElp

snorre
08-09-2004, 07:57 AM
to build muscle takes time.. wait, try eat alot of carbs before 6pm, with lots of prot every 2. hour, and stop carb after 6pm, if its not after gym workout...

BulkMeUp
08-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Its just taking so long, sometimes I think I am not working hard enough. :strong: :confused:
Yes... not working hard enough at your diet.. 6 months ago i was 155. i got a diet sorted out and now am at 175. So read up on diets and work one out that works for u. :study: :hello:

skinny no more
08-11-2004, 02:38 PM
thanks!!

AzBboy
08-23-2004, 06:06 PM
wats up man. it appears you have layed your foundation , your muscle structure is defintely noticable, which is alot to say for us ectos. i myself at my height of 5'9 spent 2 or more years just to be what 'doctors' say is a acceptable weight for a man my height. I went from 125-130 to 150. if i lose five pounds, i am 'underweight' again. (by the way, studies show underweight people live LONGER than average and overweight people.) my question is, how long have u been training? people with our body type have a HELL of a time, so i feel your pain when u say you feel so behind.

skinny no more
08-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the reply azbboy I have been training seriously since July 2004. The pounds are coming on very slowly. Do the pounds come on slowly for you to? How long have you be training and what are your goals?

JTyrell710
08-23-2004, 09:30 PM
being an an ecto an complaining how hard it is to put muscle is bs, muscle comes if you eat. just eat more ****in stuff, work your ass off, unless you have the worst genetics in the wide world of man, you will put on muscle as fast as the next guy, just eat. I was where you were a short time ago. the muscle will come, work and eat your ass off. you've been training for 2 months? thats good so far, but you have to understand that people here have been training for many months, usually years, and sometimes decades-- your not progressing slowly at all.
btw who cares about living longer, i'd rather not be a skinny punk and live a better 81 years then look anorexic my whole life and live to the ripe age of 86...

its a good base SNM, (heh S n M.. S&M) if you keep at it, you're not gonna b skinny no more.

Canadian Crippler
08-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the reply azbboy I have been training seriously since July 2004. The pounds are coming on very slowly. Do the pounds come on slowly for you to? How long have you be training and what are your goals? You have been training for 1 month, but you're complaining about it "taking too long"? Come on man, be patient.

JTyrell710
08-23-2004, 10:10 PM
btw altershock it pisses me off that you can bench 10lb more than me despite being smaller-

BulkMeUp
08-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the reply azbboy I have been training seriously since July 2004. The pounds are coming on very slowly. Do the pounds come on slowly for you to? How long have you be training and what are your goals?
You should aim to put on between 1-2 lbs/week. More could mean that you are putting on too much fat. Less would indicate your diet needs revision. Also if you have just started on this, give yourself time. Firstly for your metabolism to adapt, secondly to see results. As mentioned by jtyrell, it takes months or even years to get to your goal, depending on what it is. So dont stress out over it, just keep eating (clean) and working out hard. :whip:

skinny no more
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks guys

toughguywannabe
08-24-2004, 12:28 PM
btw altershock it pisses me off that you can bench 10lb more than me despite being smaller-

Yes that is weird.. I was bigger than my friend and he can bench over 200 lbs.. and i can barely put up 190.. That's why i don't really pay attention to maxes.. i say was bigger than him because he took roids and turned into a monster..

Dirty Old Man
08-29-2004, 01:08 PM
What you need to do is eat, eat some more, eat again, lift, eat some more, eat again, eat, eat some more, sleep. Repeat.
And drink lots and lots of water. :D

Like the others said, you need to be much more patient. Keep doing the above, and keep believing. Don't give up. You have to work for the things that you so desperately want.
I'm hungry.

skinny no more
08-30-2004, 03:13 PM
im finding all this out slowly

Mr. ?
08-31-2004, 10:43 AM
Something else to keep in mind. If you are weighing yourself everyday to see if you have gained anything, don't. I was doing this 2 months ago when I started bulking. One day the scale would say I gained 2 lbs and then the next day I would be 1 lb less than that etc. It will fluctuate according to how much you eat in a given day and how much you go to the bathroom in a given day and how much your body actually takes on. You can eat a meal and then weigh yourself but just because it says you are a pound and a half heavier doesn't mean you gained anything, it just means you have a pound and a half of food sitting in your stomach. It can be discouraging if you monitor your gains everyday because its not really accurate. I weigh myself once a week. If I notice I have increased from the week before I will weigh again the following day. If it is the same or more I assume I have actually increased in weight and then won't weigh again until the following week. Another thing that was mentioned that I will touch on again is set realistic goals. I currently weigh 144, my goal is 175. However I don't realistically expect to reach this for at least 1 1/2 years. I may get there sooner or later. Point is, if I say 175 by December and only get to 155 I would probably get real discouraged and possibly give up. Just keep at it. It will take a while but you'll get there. If you need to feel good about yourself and about your current weight feel free to look at my pictures again. I can guarantee you are much better off than me. ;) And have fun with it too!

skinny no more
09-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the info Mr? I use to weigh myself a lot too. I need to stop doing that. I really does bring you down.