PDA

View Full Version : How is this routine

warreport
08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Ive been lifting for 5 years, I am 6ft 206 14% bf in the past my goals were purely hypertrophy related, but Ive decided I want to develop a better strength base, Ive always trained low volume but never really with power or strenght as a goal. Id like to devote about 10 weeks on a routine where my goal would be 75% strenght 25% size, Im also going to be on a small cut. I dont plan on competing but feel llike getting stronger on my big lifts will help me in the long run, anyway my firend reccomended this routine to me, is it worth a try, if not any help is appreciated. thanks in advance. Ive read alot about westside and im somewhat intrigued, however i feel its a bit intimidating and i dont have acess to box bands boards etc. Would this routine help me improve?,

High - Set Singles

Perform a single, rest three to five minutes and then do another single. If you manage to do eight singles, stop performing the lift, add 2.5 to 5 pounds at your next workout and start the progression again.

If you goal is simply to be stronger, then end the workout at this point. If you want muscle mass to go along with the strength, rest five minutes and perform 3 sets of 5 reps, taking 90 minutes rest between sets.

Here is the example workout:

DAY 1: Chest & Arms

Bench Press 3-8 x 1; 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Press 5 x 3
Barbell Curls 3-8 x 1
Close-Grip lockouts 3-8 x 1

DAY 2: Calves & Abs

DAY 3: Legs

Squats 3-8 x 1
Leg Press 5 x 3
GHR 3X8

DAY 4: Calves & Abs

DAY 5: Back & Shoulders
Deadlift 3x8 X 1
Weighted Chins 3-8 x 1; 3 x 3
Close-Grip Bent-over Rows 5 x 3
Military Press 3-8 x 1

DAYS 6 & 7: Off

Saint Patrick
08-09-2004, 10:10 PM
That looks decent.

Flying Knight
08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
If you want muscle mass to go along with the strength, rest five minutes and perform 3 sets of 5 reps, taking 90 minutes rest between sets.
"90 minutes" means... ? :D

warreport
08-10-2004, 07:53 AM
It means you better have alot of time on your hands to complete the routine, about 10 hrs per day, bring soem snacks to the gyk, maybe a sleeping bag