PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

Bboy486
08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
I am currently 160 lbs.
I have been working out all summer since the end of may 4 days a week.
I take glutamine, whey and creatine in a post workout shake (only i small scoop of creatine)
and then glutamine and whey before bed.

My question is how much of my weight is attributed to the creatine?
I started out at aroung 145 lbs.

I have gained muscle which is noticiable, but i was always worried that the creatine would be fake water weight.

I am not sur eif this is enough info to base an answer, but hopefully i will get something out of this thread.

Thanks

J450n
08-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Personally i wouldn't attribute much (if any)of your weight increase to Creatine. Your diet and the whey will have contributed to that. Creatine will supposedly give you a 'pump' as such by the water it is apparently meant to retain. But i am slightly bias as it did nothing for me.

I suspect people may disagree but i see little point in Creatine especially when wanting to gain solid build.

geoffgarcia
08-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I suspect people may disagree but i see little point in Creatine especially when wanting to gain solid build.
j, creatine gives a performance edge because it increases your energy to lift weights. If your diet is already high in red meats there might be little need to supplement it. However, for a vegetarian or others that dont get enough, supplementation would give a definite improvement.
The ability to have more energy to lift will mean heavier weights which in turn will equal strength and or size gains.

J450n
08-10-2004, 12:29 PM
j, creatine gives a performance edge because it increases your energy to lift weights. If your diet is already high in red meats there might be little need to supplement it. However, for a vegetarian or others that dont get enough, supplementation would give a definite improvement.
The ability to have more energy to lift will mean heavier weights which in turn will equal strength and or size gains.

I take your point were vegetarian's are concerned. And yes i do eat a lot of red meat. Though i never gained any strength increase and actually found it to be a hindrance as i constantly felt bloated and sluggish. My experience with taking it has given me the view that i have, which is fair enough i'd say.

Bboy486
08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Well i am not really sure this answers my question though. But i assume that since I am takig such a small quantity of it I am only getting the strength benefits over the water bloating?

geoffgarcia
08-10-2004, 01:48 PM
bb, 5g is the recommended dosage, any more and your body will just expel it.
5g is a teaspoon.
so if you take that much or 10x that much your results (and any water retention sides) would be equal.
not everyone experiences the bloating effect. I do and its minimal. For me about the equivalent of having an extra 1%bf which is hard to notice anyway.

Maybe 0.25-1.25 lbs is water retention...

Bboy486
08-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Geoff, nah i only take a teaspoon a day. I just want to make sure that small amount isnt really going to make me retain water that will give me bias weight results.