PDA

View Full Version : cardio and calves

AzBboy
08-11-2004, 03:54 PM
hi. i was wondering, cus i heard its not best to weight train at the same workout as cardio. my calves are so weak taht cardio alone makes them sore sometims. and w/ doing cardio twice a weak, that leaves my calves no weight session cus they are sore from cardio most of the time. i would hate to cut cardio hell i wish i can do MORE of it, so what im sayin is will it be ok to do a few calf sets after my cardio and will it benefit me any? thanx bunchess

Shane
08-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Yes and yes. ;)

ecliptic
08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
yeah calves are one of those muscle groups that is pretty hard to overtrain. You'll be fine doing cardio and doing calf raises or whatever weight training you do for them.

AzBboy
08-11-2004, 07:33 PM
hell ya nice thanx for the info

wakejump4me
08-11-2004, 07:47 PM
don't take it personally but you wine to much about it .
try stretching before and after (any) activity .
calves and abs are also muscles and to build those you will have to do the same as you're for the other muscles
calves and abs are for most people the weaker bodyparts . may be you try working out your calves first , then the other muscles (if it fits your workout)
cardio and lifting weights together ..it's possible and not to bad , but it depends on your goals

if you are doing a cardio session in the morning of your weightlifting day , i think you would only benefit of it unless you're having a bad nutritionplan.

well good luck