PDA

View Full Version : How is this diet for living in a workcamp?

Talontsiawd
08-11-2004, 10:37 PM
I live in a camp and have no fridge. This limits my foods but I'm trying to work around it. My timing is basically for right upon waking up, getting to work, coffee breaks, lunch, late night snack etc. Not complicated. All my whey is taken with water.
Here is my diet:

6:45AM - 30g whey protein, 1.5 cups oatmeal, .5 cups bran, multivitamin, 2 3-6-9 capsules, glucosamine.

7:45AM - 3 egg whites, handful of carrot sticks.

10:30AM - 6 egg whites, 1 yolk, large amount of carrot sticks.

1:00PM - 15g whey Detour bar, 2 plain roast beef sandwiches with as little bread as possible (enough to keep the beef together) dipped in mustard for some taste. Also eat a few carrots.

4:00 - 6 egg whites, 1.5 cups oatmeal, 1 little pack of peanutbutter.

7:00 - Depends on the day, can be steak, prime rib, chicken, roast beef etc. main carbs from dinner come from brocolli/cauliflower. Probably get in 40g protein.

7:30 - creatine, dextrose, glutamine.

8:00 - workout

9:30 - creatine, dextrose glutamine.

Then the 3 manly S's.

10:00 - 1 cup uncooked rice (I love camp), 40g whey. Multivitamin, glucosamine, 2 3-6-9's.

There it is, it's about the best I do with the options so limited. I am going to buy a can opener and haul up a case of tuna pretty quick here.

I'm mainly looking for advice on if I'm timing my meals right, but add whatever you feel I should look out for.

Thanx guys !

Anthony
08-12-2004, 06:44 AM
How many calories are you consuming? What's the protein/carbs/fat breakdown? What are your goals? Are you making progress?

Manveet
08-12-2004, 10:03 AM
looks pretty good. I would try to eat more food after the workout session, but that would seem a little difficult considering your schedule.

How about some protein in the pre/post workout shakes?

IdaMAN
08-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Ok, I have to kbow, what kind of camp is it?

Ğragons
08-12-2004, 05:07 PM
might be fat camp, or gay camp :-s

IdaMAN
08-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Fat camp lol. No fridge,you might be right!

SalahG
08-12-2004, 07:24 PM
That not a bad diet for being at home.

Talontsiawd
08-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Anthony: I have no way to measure amounts so I just eat till comfortable. I'm bulking so counting calories isn't all that important to me unless I start gaining too much fat.
Progress is going pretty good I'm moving up the reps nearly every week.

Manveet: Yeah I'm thinking of taking an empty coke bottle to the cafeteria at dinner and filling it with skim milk. And I think I will throw in an extra protein shake during the day.

It's a work camp by Syncrude in northern alberta. Oilpatch kinda camp. Working 500km away from home.

SalahG: Yeah the rice and oatmeal are uncooked but hey, I can complain or suck it up.