PDA

View Full Version : 4 months out and hit a wall

infinitynokia
08-12-2004, 10:30 PM
they guys i've sort of hit a wall. for the first three months i saw enormous gains both in the mass i was putting on and the weight i was lifting and now this entire month i have only gained about four pounds and i haven't been able to increase the weight i've been lifting by much. for example for the last month my bicept workout has been 4 sets of

Alternate Dumbbell Curls - 8 reps @ 35

Seated Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 8 reps @ 30

STANDING BARBELL CURLS w/ ez bar - 10 reps @ 70

but i haven't be able to increase the reps or weight at all this month. i did gain about a 1/2 inch in my chest and legs, but again i haven't been able to increase the weight on either of those routines.

any sugestions? and see any difference in the photos?

4 months - http://photos.yahoo.com/infinitynokia

StevenEric
08-12-2004, 10:37 PM
You look pretty dam great

galileo
08-13-2004, 10:19 AM
How much do you weigh now?

First - your arms are too big for the rest of your body. I notice that your biceps are a high priority since you mention that over everything else. I would set them as a lower priority and focus on your chest and back - they are lagging.

Otherwise, eat more and perhaps find a new routine with a different rep scheme.

geoffgarcia
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
yah, I agree, dont worry about your arms, focus on back and shoulder development!

Are you bulking or cutting?
How many calories are you consuming?
how tall are you? how old?

Whats the significance of 4 months out?
Typically when someone says x weeks/months out they are referring to the time till their competition.

galileo
08-13-2004, 10:38 AM
I believe he's stating that he's only been working out 4 months total.

BulkMeUp
08-13-2004, 10:48 AM
How much do you weigh now?

First - your arms are too big for the rest of your body. I notice that your biceps are a high priority since you mention that over everything else. I would set them as a lower priority and focus on your chest and back - they are lagging.

Otherwise, eat more and perhaps find a new routine with a different rep scheme.
I agree.. ur arms are great... but u need to focus on the rest to catch up.

mega
08-13-2004, 03:37 PM
4 months out, you are doing great!

MM
08-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Looking pretty damn good, man. As some others have mentioned, you should definitely focus on your chest.

What is your height and weight?

infinitynokia
08-13-2004, 08:49 PM
i forgot to mention that i have been training for 4 months, 5'10", 157 pounds, and currently bulking. i've started to work on my chest recently with 4 sets of inclined dumbell presses, flat bench press, and dumbell fly's.

any suggestions for improvement with this routine and any suggestions on workouts for the back using free weights?

infinitynokia
08-13-2004, 08:50 PM
and i'm 24

Saint Patrick
08-13-2004, 09:31 PM
any suggestions for improvement with this routine and any suggestions on workouts for the back using free weights?

Deadlifts, Rows and Chins.

Allyrulez
08-14-2004, 03:06 AM
Yeah weighted pull-ups/chin-ups/neutral grip

But great build, in a few months you are gonna look evil

Silverback
08-14-2004, 05:43 AM
Legs?!

Why's no one mentioned them? Before worrying about biceps, id get your priorities sorted and legs are numero uno. If you have aspriations of competing then focus on legs. How many times do you hear up and coming pro's on about bringing up their legs? its the same everytime. Get working on the squat,leg press and your whole physique will take on new look.

BCC
08-14-2004, 11:22 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned the legs because well, they're not too shabby by any means.

Black_Curtain
08-14-2004, 12:23 PM
You must have excllent genetics brother. You look great, I would have guessed you are training for much longer than one year, nevertheless 4 months.
As for adding weight and increasing strength- try and mix up your routine a litte. Take one week off (or light training). Keep your sleep and nutrition in check (maybe add calories).
Good luck

galileo
08-16-2004, 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone mentioned the legs because well, they're not too shabby by any means.

i r wit st00pid.

Beast
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Your legs and arms are great. I agree with the others - your arms are way too big for the chest and back.

Silverback
08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Legs?!

Why's no one mentioned them? Before worrying about biceps, id get your priorities sorted and legs are numero uno. If you have aspriations of competing then focus on legs. How many times do you hear up and coming pro's on about bringing up their legs? its the same everytime. Get working on the squat,leg press and your whole physique will take on new look.

soz guys, i officially retract that statement, didnt realise those photos were individual albums. Your legs are actually well developed :)

B-R

(embaressed)