PDA

View Full Version : i need motivation for dieting

Chris Cutler
08-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Hey guys, im going to canada in 3 weeks for college. I havent weighed myself in nearly 3 weeks, but im planning on losing 4 pounds a week. I ALREADY eat low-carb, and use the gym twice a week, its the cardio i cant get it in me to do. My brother got these no-carb drinks like Red Bull, except without the carbs. SO i may use those for energy...oh yeah, someone told me caffeine is NOT good for low-carb diets??? but caffeine is a fat burner! My main thing is, im really gonna try hard to do this diet so i can be at least 10 pounds thinner when i go there...so i need some motivation from lots of people to keep me motivated, id appreciate it some of u could instant message me with Aol instant messenger, just in case i never need immediate help, i can get some help immediately. My SN is VenezianPrince. Im really looking forward to Monday, thats when i plan on starting. If only i was taller, id look better. lol. But im 18, i wont grow anymore.

Vido
08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
You haven't given yourself nearly enough time to make drastic changes. Don't try to make up for poor planning by doing something stupid. If you lose 4 lbs in a week, chances are that at least half is muscle and water. If you somehow did manage to lose 12 lbs in 3 weeks before school you wouldn't look any better than you do now...you'd just be a smaller, fat guy.

Trust me, you'll look better if you lose 2-3 lbs in these upcoming weeks, assuming the weight loss is virtually all fat.

Max-Mex
08-13-2004, 09:58 PM
4 lbs a week is hard. Your more likely to fail than succeed when attempting such a high rate of weight loss. As Vido said, try for something easier. Carbs aren't bad. Lot's of calories are bad. Reduce your calories, not your carbs.

If you want motivation, just look at all the hot girls around your campus. That's enough motivation IMO.

iLUDEd
08-14-2004, 11:44 AM
why not try and lose 1-2lbs a week, and keep working out and doing cardio etc while your in college?

Ğragons
08-14-2004, 11:53 AM
motivation, look in the mirror and think iff u wanna stay like that forever ;p