PDA

View Full Version : Diet

Adetweiler
08-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I've got oatmeal, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, eggs, peanut butter, chicken, tuna, and whey protien powder.

I guess the hard part I run into is that these foods are all fairly low in calories, and require me to eat alot of them to hit 2k or 3k calories.

1) What else do you guys eat, what other things do you eat, I read the sticky above so you can leave out all those items.

2) What bars do you eat that are high protien low fat, and dont cost alot?

3) Should I eat fruit if I am trying to lose fat? What fruits are best?

4) I am pretty sure I should eat vegetables which I dont, which vegetables are best if I am trying to lose weight?

Piatchi
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
Make a sandwich. A whole wheat bun piled with turkey, mustard, and pepperjack cheese is a very healthy, yummy and filling thing to have. The calorie intake is good, too.

Also, I'd recommend getting your calories from a healthy source. Dont just eat hollow calories. With calories should come some nutrients as well. Nobody said this weightlifting thing would be cheap. You gotta fund yourself as well.

Trevor

Paul Stagg
08-17-2004, 08:25 AM
1) What else do you guys eat, what other things do you eat, I read the sticky above so you can leave out all those items.

** Lots of stuff. Veggies ,fruit, milk, cheese, beefs, chickens, fish, nuts, pizza, bread, pasta, kashi, rice, etc, etc, etc.

2) What bars do you eat that are high protien low fat, and dont cost alot?

** Depends on what you like. IME, the cheap ones suck. Detour bars are tasty.

3) Should I eat fruit if I am trying to lose fat? What fruits are best?

** Depends on your diet. I would. I like apples. What do you like?

4) I am pretty sure I should eat vegetables which I dont, which vegetables are best if I am trying to lose weight?

** The ones at the store. :)

Adetweiler
08-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Should I only eat brown rice, or is white rice ok?

"** Depends on what you like. IME, the cheap ones suck. Detour bars are tasty."

I'll try these.

"3) Should I eat fruit if I am trying to lose fat? What fruits are best?

** Depends on your diet. I would. I like apples. What do you like?"

** The ones at the store. :)"

I think with fruits and veg's as long as I stick to my 2k calories a day I should be ok regardless of which I eat, does that sound ok?

Ğragons
08-17-2004, 11:53 AM
brown rice is less calories and less carbs than white rice i think

Adetweiler
08-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Ahh ok I need to look into that. I seem to have an easy time with getting carbs just not as much protein. I need a shake or bar thats like 50g protein, no/very low saturated fat, and not real high in carbs.

Paul Stagg
08-17-2004, 01:07 PM
I would just use an MRP or protein powder.

Adetweiler
08-17-2004, 01:29 PM
Whats MRP?

buffzilla
08-17-2004, 01:57 PM
What do you mean no calories, oatmeal is jam-packed with calories. Try 1 pint of skimmed milk, 2 cups of oatmeal and protein powder, fitday.com puts that at 900 kcals. Blended I can down that in < 5 seconds. Do that more than twice and you're at 2700 kcals. :lurk:

Adetweiler
08-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Thats a good idea. You like oatmeal as a shake? I tried Chocolate protein powder on outmeal this weekend it was pretty bad. Maybe I need a different flavor.

Holto
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
brown rice is less calories and less carbs than white rice i think

lb for lb brown rice is higher in fiber and other nutrients and lower in cals

white rice stips off the bran and germ portions of the grain where the fiber, B vits and other goodies are

this is true of any white grain not to mention the bleach you are swallowing

buffzilla
08-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Thats a good idea. You like oatmeal as a shake? I tried Chocolate protein powder on outmeal this weekend it was pretty bad. Maybe I need a different flavor.

Go for strawberry protein shake with skimmed milk and blend the oats in good. Perhaps you made it too thick, if so add more milk and then down it.

buffzilla
08-18-2004, 04:10 AM
Should I only eat brown rice, or is white rice ok?

Don't eat white anything: bread, rice, pasta; it's all bad - high GI and completely devoid of nutrients.

P.S. giving up bread was the best thing I ever did, I think pasta (including brown) will be the next to go.

Adetweiler
08-18-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm somewhat used to not eating pasta, bread and rice due to doing low carb on and off for a year. I just miss the rice. I love chinese food and sushi. What do you eat for carbs with no bread/rice/pasta? Currently I eat whole wheat bagels/yogurt/fruit/vegetables/bars for carbs.

sublime99
08-18-2004, 08:28 AM
I eat tons of chicken, turkey, lean beef cuts, with the occasional ribeye steak, brown rice, protein shakes with natural peanut butter i eat whole grain bread once a day and it is usually after i do cardio or workout or just before. I also eat spinach pasta which is only made from spinach, i never use white sugar only brown, i eat natural potato's both sweet and baked, cheese, eggs, salads, tons of tuna, i go fishing on the weekends usually target redfish so i eat some of that, oatmeal strawberrys, bannanas, carrots. Usually i eat about 6-8 times a day every 2- 3 hours small portions, oh and i eat cottage cheese, yogurt (sugar free), drink milk small amount of juice like 6 ounces in the am.

You definetley have to eat alot to bulk and maintain it gets expensive but is totally worth it.

buffzilla
08-18-2004, 01:04 PM
I'm somewhat used to not eating pasta, bread and rice due to doing low carb on and off for a year. I just miss the rice. I love chinese food and sushi. What do you eat for carbs with no bread/rice/pasta? Currently I eat whole wheat bagels/yogurt/fruit/vegetables/bars for carbs.

For carbs I do oats, brown rice, lentils and quinoa.

RBC13
08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Is there any way to get whole wheat bread or whole wheat pasta without the fiber in it? I already get at least 40 grams of fiber a day on about 2200 calories, and i don't plan to spend the entire morning in the bathroom.