PDA

View Full Version : Eggs and cholesterol?

Focused
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
i usually have eggs and toast for breakfast everyday, but dont eggs have alot of cholestorol? i think i heard that on tv or something

Jasonl
08-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Just use the whites to elminate it.

Holto
08-15-2004, 05:09 PM
cholesterol is not really a risk factor for heart disease

50% of the people hospitalized for heart disease have normal cholesterol

Anthony
08-15-2004, 05:20 PM
Check out this site for some good info regarding eggs and cholesterol: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4547

migs
08-15-2004, 05:49 PM
cholesterol is not really a risk factor for heart disease

50% of the people hospitalized for heart disease have normal cholesterol

Hypercholesterolemia is one of 3 most important risk factors for ISHD. If you want the explanation/mechanism I will be glad to explain it for you.

Holto
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Hypercholesterolemia is one of 3 most important risk factors for ISHD. If you want the explanation/mechanism I will be glad to explain it for you.

I'm well aware of what the allopathic community *thinks* regarding this topic

it's a BS theory supported by big Pharma to sell Statin drugs

the "research" and I use the term losely dates back to examination of corpses during the Korean war and it's totally bogus

Migs:

post a study that shows a relationship between Hypercholesterolemia and Heart disease and I may be convinced

I think it's all BS to sell Pharmaceutical filth that depletes CoQ10 and increases risk of death significantly

mickyjune26
08-16-2004, 12:50 PM
This sounds pretty serious.

Shao-LiN
08-16-2004, 01:52 PM
i usually have eggs and toast for breakfast everyday, but dont eggs have alot of cholestorol? i think i heard that on tv or something

Dietary cholesterol has little effect on your body's cholesterol levels, or so I've heard.

–ragons
08-16-2004, 01:54 PM
i friggin hate egg whites, what can ya have with them to get em down my throat :P

chris mason
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Dietary cholesterol has little effect on your body's cholesterol levels, or so I've heard.

Bingo!

Eggs will not give you cholesterol problems.

migs
08-17-2004, 03:11 AM
That is correct, eggs do not effect the blood that much and dietary cholesterol his little effect on heart disease but that varies from person to person. I have read a recent study 2000 that said that the cholesterol elevated ldl and hdl but ldl around 3x as much this increased the risk of heart disease by 1.5-2.5% according to different people. There was nothing written about how many eggs were consumed at that time and we all know that the study was not done on a BB eating 10 whole eggs a day and was not for a long time to calculate the effect of chronic cholesterol intake. Do not forget, that was ONLY for eggs, have you thought about the rest of the dietary cholesterol in your meals ?

buffzilla
08-17-2004, 06:08 AM
eggs contain omega-3's which recuduce cholestoral levels

chris mason
08-17-2004, 07:50 AM
Ok, let me divulge a little secret to you guys and gals. Eating natural foods, even those high in saturated fat like meat will not harm your health unless you grossly overconsume them. Gross overconsumption of anything will cause problems.

The foods that are truly ruining the health of our society are the overly processed, refined, hydrongenated, trans-fatty, "enriched" foods which are consumed in mass quantities today.

Prior to the advent of our modern mass production methods of foods cardiovascular diseases were not nearly as prevalent as they are today. There are societies in the world countries which eat huge amounts as a percentage of their diet of animal fats where cardiovascular disease is almost unheard of.

Eating a steak isn't going to kill you young, eating some of the mass processed pre-packaged foods of today will...

migs
08-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Exactly, unless you OVERCONSUME them which is what any one on this forum simply does.

Holto
08-17-2004, 08:17 PM

80-90% of the cholesterol in the body is made by the liver

so dietary intakes don't have much of an effect on raising or lowering

old people with high cholesterol can eliminate dietary cholesterol and still be high

the reason for this is free radical pathology

cholesterol is a good anti-oxidant and when you are being seriously damaged by free radicals (ie: arteriosclerosis) your body produces large amounts of cholesterol to neutralize free radicals

one of the best studies done on this topic was the MR.FIT

Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial

115 Million dollars
4000 subjects

dietary cholesterol reduced by 40%
sat fat intake reduced by 20 %
total cals reduced by 20%

conclusion:

no correlation found with any of the three factors and incidence of heart disease

migs
08-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Holto a quick question for you, how much cholesterol were they taking ? were they consuming 10 eggs a day + meat then reduction calculated on that diet or was it on a normal cholesterol intake ?

mercury
08-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Well your body uses cholesterol to make hormones (including Test). I don't know if that is liver sourced, dietary cholesterol or both. Nevertheless, eating oates is supposed to lower your cholesterol. So eat your oates and enjoy your eggs!

noodlearms
08-20-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm well aware of what the allopathic community *thinks* regarding this topic

it's a BS theory supported by big Pharma to sell Statin drugs

the "research" and I use the term losely dates back to examination of corpses during the Korean war and it's totally bogus

Migs:

post a study that shows a relationship between Hypercholesterolemia and Heart disease and I may be convinced

I think it's all BS to sell Pharmaceutical filth that depletes CoQ10 and increases risk of death significantly

Have you ever heard of the Framingham studies?

Check out this link http://home.hkstar.com/~shwan/lipid.html

Holto
08-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Holto a quick question for you, how much cholesterol were they taking ? were they consuming 10 eggs a day + meat then reduction calculated on that diet or was it on a normal cholesterol intake ?

All I know for sure is they we're pretty old people who were concerned about their hearts at a time the powers that be were advertising heavily against cholesterol and sat fat

I'll try to find something more in depth

_____________________________________________-

http://www.oralchelation.net/heartdisease/ChapterFour/page4.htm

The Mr. Fit Program dealt with men with high risk of heart disease. They finally selected 12,866 for the final tests. Half continued to get whatever care they were getting from their regular doctors.

The other half was called the "Special Intervention Group" because their lives were intruded upon greatly! The program was mostly psychiatric manipulation -- aimed at getting these high risk heart people to stop smoking, improve their diet and otherwise change their life styles.

The first objective was a lowering of blood cholesterol by massive changes in diet. As far as behavior modification is concerned, the tests were very successful. Those being tested reduced their dietary cholesterol by a massive 42%! Saturated fat consumption dropped by 28%. Total calories dropped by 21%.

What didnít change was the amount of cholesterol in their blood!

Of course. This had been the earlier findings of dozens of other studies. This Mr. Fit Program was supposed to come up with different results.

Originally the goal of the Program was to reduce blood cholesterol by a very modest 10%. Depending on how you measured it, they achieved either a 5% or 6.7% reduction

this study is referenced alot in Alternative Medicine