PDA

View Full Version : help with calories in

nekblood
08-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey all,

I had a quick question about the amount of calories I'm taking in over the course of a day. I eat 4 times a day averaging 500 - 600 calories per meal. If I supplement this with a 1000 calories per day from shakes that makes almost a third of my calorie intake come from shakes with for a total of roughly 3000 calories. My question is, am I getting the same results from the shakes as I am from a regular meal? Would I be better of trying to eat the calories vs. drink them? I'm a vegan so it's really hard for me to eat a large amount of calories over the course of a day, but significantly easy for me to drink them. Thanks for any help!

Greg.

Ğragons
08-16-2004, 01:23 PM
better to get your protein from food, rather than shakes i think

Alke
08-16-2004, 01:56 PM
yep, your still low on the calories, I dont start adding extra calorie shakes till I hit @4000+ caloreis a day cause it just gets tiresome eating that much....

if your still only eating @3000 calories break your meals up into 6-8 times a day to get keep BF low during the bulk.

I eat 8-10 times a day at @4000 calories right now.

Ğragons
08-16-2004, 02:02 PM
yep, your still low on the calories, I dont start adding extra calorie shakes till I hit @4000+ caloreis a day cause it just gets tiresome eating that much....

if your still only eating @3000 calories break your meals up into 6-8 times a day to get keep BF low during the bulk.

I eat 8-10 times a day at @4000 calories right now.

im finding it hard even getting close to 1500 cals a day, im always out and about, or theres nothing in ;p

nekblood
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I guess I just need to up my meals per day. It's hard to find the time to eat that much! Before I was paying any attention to this stuff I was eating two meals a day and (although skinny) felt fine!

Ğragons
08-17-2004, 02:30 AM
yeah u prolly did feel fine, most people do ;)

i think eating 6-8-10 meals a day helps with your Bf

Holto
08-17-2004, 08:34 PM
i think eating 6-8-10 meals a day helps with your Bf

allthough this a common recommendation for cutting it really dosen't make a difference

the claim is that it accelerates metabolism but this has been disproven

when bulking it's more of a neccessity out of the sheer amount of food, but again I doubt it makes a difference

unfortunatley we don't have many studies on people bulking

Adetweiler
08-18-2004, 06:01 AM
So you dont think eating 6 meals a day is better than 3 for losing weight? That's all I keep reading is that I should eat 6 a day?

Paul Stagg
08-18-2004, 07:02 AM
Eating more frequently is good for other reasons, but probably doesn't necessarily help with body recomposition.

HemiVision
08-18-2004, 08:53 AM
allthough this a common recommendation for cutting it really dosen't make a difference

the claim is that it accelerates metabolism but this has been disproven

when bulking it's more of a neccessity out of the sheer amount of food, but again I doubt it makes a difference

unfortunatley we don't have many studies on people bulking

What about protein synthesis? If you ate your daily protein requirement across only 3 meals, I'd be willing to bet more of it would be converted to glucose than if you ingested protein, say, every 3 hours.