PDA

View Full Version : tell me what you think..

toughguywannabe
08-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Well this is me... i've gained 30 lbs. since january and i've probably gained more fat than i wanted to.. but oh well it's somethin at least. Tell me what you think my body fat% is i think it's around 19% at least that's what a website said according to my height and weight or height and waist.. ! I will post a before picture on here shortly. Right now im 180 lbs. and i want to gain a significant amount of weight before i start cutting because i don't want to cut and be scrawny like i was before.. Thinkin about takin clenbuterol along with my cut cycle but who knows..

Thanks

embro
08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
I'd say about 24% 25% bf, but i may be way off, btw, you got massive arms, tell us more... what you eat, how you train? etc... You can bulk whitout gaining fat... well most people can... im sure we can help you.

Keep going.

Slim Schaedle
08-16-2004, 09:10 PM
The height/weight/waist method is most likely inaccurate unless by coincidence, you really are 19%. I am not going to guess b/c people say I have a lower % than what I think.

Also, despite my relatively limited knowledge of steroids, I certainly do not think you need anything like that right now. I would say cut off some fat, and then gain slowly.

toughguywannabe
08-16-2004, 09:32 PM
well i was pretty strict on my diet last spring i was only eating fast food on sundays which would be my cheat day.. every other day i was eating a lot i just never count my calories never got around to it i usually just estimate and make sure i eat every 2-3 hours i figure if i eat a can of tuna.. a shake with tons of crap in it.. etc.. i should be fine.. but with my results i probably have to start counting my calories especially when i start cutting.. i just don't want to cut and lose all the muscle i gained.. i don't have huge goals.. i just want to be a lean 200 lbs. or so in the next couple of years..

more stats about me:
height 5'10..
waist 36in at the belly button
arms 14in
forearms 12in..
i have chicken legs so i don't even want to measure..

castles
08-16-2004, 09:33 PM
looks like its time to start cutting. id say ur a good 25%-28% range

toughguywannabe
08-18-2004, 05:41 PM
this is me 1 year ago in july.. i was 145 lbs.. tell me what you guys think of my progress.. it may not seem like much progress at all but it was around december when i realized that burning fat and putting on muscle was impossible.. so i was doing a lot of cardio while eating a lot thinking i was doing both at the same time lol

Thanks

skinny no more
08-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Thats a big difference!! I am also trying to gain more weight!! It is really a hard battle!!

Ugly Genius
08-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd say you definitely made progress towards your goal of bulking, and for that you should be commended. However, I'd agree with some of the previous posters and suggest that you begin to focus on cutting.

When I look at your before picture, I see a frame and bone structure that shows so much potential for the ever-coveted V-taper. In your after pictures, however—with you body fat percentage a bit higher than I personally would be comfortable carrying—that potential is totally hidden. In my experience, when the lifting game gets difficult and I feel like I’m wasting my time, one thing that keeps me lifting is a some subtle hint seen somewhere in the mirror that I have at least some potential to reach at least some of my goals. So free up some of your potential from under all that.

I echo Slim's sentiment—there's no need for you to hit the gear at this point.

toughguywannabe
08-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Well thanks for the comments i guess im gonna start cutting.. i just don't want to cut and lose all my gains lol.. i'll post some pics up here later after my cut in like december..

vkefi
08-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Looking good, nice progess.

Personally, i dont mind keeping body fat, the missus thinks im more cuddly :p So in your case, i wouldnt cut to much, then hit back and head for 200 :)

toughguywannabe
08-19-2004, 12:33 AM
lol i know girls say i have soft skin i dunno if that's good or bad but they consider me like a teddy bear.. but personally i'd rather be solid mass than a teddy bear..

Slim Schaedle
08-19-2004, 01:03 AM
I can't stand it when girls say they would rather me have a little more fat. They love to look at those 6-packs on TV and whatnot, but God forbid they see one in real life, or they will become all self-concious.

Rastaman
08-19-2004, 01:53 AM
I'd definitely recommend a cut. If you plan on gaining alot more weight, I would suggest that you don't let your bodyfat get out of control. I'd say it's quite high right now, probably around 25%.