PDA

View Full Version : Me

sduquette
08-16-2004, 04:18 PM
Figure if I start this, it might be motivation to stick with it. I've pretty much sticking with OVT for my exercises, but I don't think I'm doing my diet correctly. I'll log my exercises and possibly get some advice on what I should change and what I should be eating. I'm attempting to have a lean muscular look, not overly big, but bigger than the average guy. Currently I'm 6'6" or so, 36" waist, 220-225 lbs. I never worked out much before June, and I've come quite a way. I still have some gut and love handles to get rid of, but the rest is starting to show some improvements.

sduquette
08-16-2004, 04:23 PM
August 15, 2004

bench press 185
bench flies 50
incline bench press 135
incline bench flies 50

lat pulldown 195
one arm row 80
bent over bb row 135
cable row 140

Ğragons
08-17-2004, 02:25 AM
tall guy, get your diet sorted and you'll be fine :)

sduquette
08-17-2004, 07:34 AM
squats 275
lunges 120 - need to figured out how to hold more for that long, gotta work on grip
leg extensions 285 - machine didn't have anymore, will switch to the freeweight one next week
leg curls 150
sumo deadlift 185 - beat to hell, only did 3 sets
romainian deadlift 185 - same as above

Finished up with 2 circuits of the recommended ab exercises: inc praying mantis, inc russian twist, gagne's cyclone, loaded crunch on swiss ball, partial dragon flag

JustinF
08-17-2004, 07:37 AM
You could try barbell lunges and you won't have the grip issues.

Good luck with your goals.

sduquette
08-18-2004, 11:03 PM
August 18, 2004

barbell curls 90
dumbell curls 3 sets 45 2 sets 50
preacher curls 100
hammer curls 45

weighted dips 35
decline dumbell tri extensions 45
lying dumbell tri extensions 85
cable press down 70

Finished up with about 50 assorted crunches and 5 laps in the pool

Now I'm wondering if I'm going about this workout correctly. On this link http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=33529&highlight=ovt is makes it sound as if I am supposed to do the superset then wait 120 seconds then repeat. I think I may have misread the original article about OVT and understood it to be something to the effect of A A A A A B B B B B as oppose to A B A B A B A B A B. If someone could clear this up for me it would be great. I would hate to think I've been going about this stuff all wrong for 11 total weeks.

I also think I need to be eating more than I have been. I really don't have much food at the house and rarely get out for lunch from work. Today I had 5 eqq white and a yolk scrambled with spinach and mozerella for breakfast and a protein shake and a glass of milk, a peach for snack, an average sized salad with tuna for lunch, and a peach a little later, I was feeling a bit hungry after work so I had about 1 cup of potato salad and a protein shake before I was off to the gym. I've been eating like this during the weekdays for 3 months or so and have managed to drop about 25 lbs, but I'm curious if it is hurting my workouts.

Shane
08-18-2004, 11:09 PM
:spam: Good luck with your journal man.

sduquette
11-12-2008, 08:04 AM
So after getting to a point where I was really happy, a kid came along, a lot of stress from work, moving houses, not having a lot of money and who knows what other excuses I made. I let myself go and jumped to 310lbs, 42" waist, and hadn't picked up a weight in years. I'm getting close to 30, and really don't want to hit my 30's the way I am now. So this week I started back at it.

going to try and keep things up as a reminder for myself and push hard. I didn't write down previous days workouts, so I will start with last nights

5x5

Flat bench 155
flys 30
incline bench 95
incline dumbell press 30

lat pull downs 120
one arm row 45
barbell row 90
seated row 110

did 15 minutes on an eliptical and swam about 10 laps. I was going with a friend earlier this week, but he just doesn't want to push as hard as I want to and stay as long as I would like to, so it looks like I'll be flying solo. My goal right now is to try and get 60lbs off as fast as possible while still lifting heavy, then go from there.

borracho
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
bump for a fellow NMer...are you still in NM? Where are you working out at?